Stroller for a tall, skinny 4 yo, just for WDW

I have to add my vote for the Blink for tall children and tall people pushing them. We bought this for my two year old Grandaughter last year, this year she just turned 3 and is 42 in tall. She fit's comfortably in the blink and my DDIL is 5'6" and pushes it comfortably and so does my 6'7" son. We liked it so much that we bought a second one for my DGS for this trip.

We purchased two Maclaren Quests (new) off of ebay for just a bit more than we would have spent on rentals for our last trip. My oldest dd was 5.5 at the time, and very tall for her age (still is.) She rode in it comfortably. It was nice for her when she got or we were walking great distances. We ended up using the strollers a lot as well when we got home for my middle dd, and now my baby.

I have a child that turned 3 in late May. He is 41" and 38 lbs. I bought the First Years Ignite for him and have no regrets. He looks comfortable in it and it hold kids up to 50 lbs. The only thing that may or may not be an issue is the footrest. When he falls asleep, his foot slips off the footrest because it is nothard plastic and his feet drag on the floor and I have to readjust his legs. My 48.5" 5 year old girl, took it for a spin, when she decided she was tired and didn't want to walk anymore and seemed fine as well. Although she looked ledd comfortable than the year old.

But the best stroller ever was the Combi Strollee. I used it at Disney in 2010 and my then 5 year old (he's six now) who was approximately 48 inches used it and looked comfortable. It carries kids up to 55lbs and only weighs 11lbs. Alas, I bought it in red and they don't make it in that color anymore. Only pink and yellow.

Hope this helps.

I wanted to come back and update everyone in hopes my info will be helpful to someone else!

We took her to babies r us and tried all the strollers. That Baby Jogger City Micro sure does turn easily, but it was quite heavy and more than just a little expensive! If I was interested in renting in general, that would be a great one. If my bum were a tiny bit smaller I could have sat in there myself (my hips are 44" wide). So no worries about a kid outgrowing that one!

They did not have the Ignite or the Jet. It is carried by Walmart but they didn't have any on display.

We ended up liking the Volo the best. My kid's measurements are above, and her head peeked up over the top of the backrest but about 70% of it was below it. We told her to pretend she was napping :rotfl: and she just tucked her head down and she was totally fine.

However the Volo runs about $130, which was a bit beyond our budget. I found a couple on Craigslist for $25; great deals but neither had the canopy. I looked on Ebay and found them for $60 brand new. It even has the hinge covers installed due to the recall, so it's in all respects the same as a totally brand new one. I could have asked for a better color, but the charcoal won't show the dirt :rolleyes1

The handles are indeed quite tall and neither my 6'1" husband nor my 5'7" self had any issue with them. I wandered around the store TRYING to kick the back and couldn't. Him either. The thing is also so light I could pick it up and pitch it across the room if I wanted to (not that I want to). While I'm a strong gal, I didn't want something that would be a hassle. We carry on all our luggage so we have 3 small suitcases rather than 1 large one, so we don't want to have to fuss with it.

My daughter loves it. I am going to have to hide it so I'm not pushing her around in it all the time now! While we were test driving it in the store a woman walked up and told us all about how much she loved hers and how fabulous it was and we should buy it.

My husband really dug the sturdy metal frame. He said we should have gotten this one instead of the cheapy one we had when she was tiny. Live and learn!

Thank you for all the help!

I haven't read all the responses, but I have a son who is 4 years old, 45 pounds and 43". I would not go with a Maclaren. We have a Triumph and his head is completely over the top of the seat back. I was hoping he'd like a Volo and that's the same situation plus he hated the seat- no upper back support. We have a City Micro now and bought it specifically to have around as a stroller that could be used even when my kids are a lot older (for disney, etc.). I got mine from someone for $50 off of craigslist, but you can get them for $99 as another posted said. That would be my pick.

Just saw your post- glad the volo worked for you. You must have been pushing the City MINI because they don't carry the Micro at BRU. It's now discontinued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter