Stroller pros/cons for a toddler who hasn't used a stroller in a year

Nicnicnic.nic

Mouseketeer
My daughter is 3.5 and haven't used a stroller in a year but during planning she asked me if she could use one at WDW(i think because the kids in the vlogs have them) but she also said she's afraid to get tired.

Any pros to using a stroller? I feel like we would be fine without it since it's been so long since we used it. Anyone worried about someone stealing a stroller? I'd prefer to bring my own but I don't want to lose it (I use it for my baby who won't be coming on this trip) Is it hard to rent a stroller?

I used a stroller for my daughter at Disney for years after she stopped using one at home. A day at a Disney is not comparable to a day at home. On average we walk 20,000+ steps at Disney so double that for a toddler’s tiny legs.

She also liked it as an escape from the stimulation. We see people’s heads and can look over/around them. A child sees a sea of legs, strollers, etc all around them. Sometimes she just needed a break and would pull the hood down to give her a break from all the action. She also cat napped occasionally to recharge and go again. We are rope drop to close people, many days in a row.

I highly recommend renting a stroller for an older child as the rental companies (we used Orlando Strollers) have strollers that are designed for both babies and older children. My brother struggled to push his 4yo daughter in their stroller but I could easily push mine in a City Mini GT with one hand.

Personally, I don’t think you will regret renting a stroller. We did so more than 10 trips and never had any troubles with anything being stollen. CMs will move them in stroller parking to use space efficiently but we never had anything stollen.

Hope this helps.

Def rent a stroller... like the above poster, we gave it up a long time ago at home, but still continue to use one at Disney. My youngest will be 6 for our June trip and we still rent. We've had a great experience using Orlando Strollers too.

While renting from the parks works for some, I (single mom by choice so often only my daughter and me) found I needed it outside the parks too because she was pooched by the end of the night and slept in it except while in the bus.

Definitely have a stroller. Kids can't do those long walks. And if you want to get anywhere in a hurry you can do it a lot better if she is safely secured in the stroller. My daughter used a cheap umbrella stroller for this purpose. :)

While renting from the parks works for some, I (single mom by choice so often only my daughter and me) found I needed it outside the parks too because she was pooched by the end of the night and slept in it except while in the bus.
I'm also a single mom which just me and her at the airport (and not checking bags) thought it'd be useful there to hold bags for free lol

Visiting WDW with a 3 yo and no stroller is asking for trouble.... you will use it. don't rent a park one, since you'll need it for getting around outside the parks too...and it's crazy$$$ vs just bringing a little umbrella stroller from home along.

You all sold me. Now I just have to decide to rent at the park or bring from home. But I think I'm gonna bring from home....but I'ma let her test it out this weekend to make sure she still fits
you will need it leaving the parks as it is a long walk to transportation plus most likely you will have a walk from drop off point to your room with a tired possibility sleeping child. could be a long carry. I would bring from home or rent offsite so you have one outside the park gates

If she agrees to use it, take one. We started going when my son was just shy of 3 and he hadn't used one for over a year. He hated them, we was a very active little boy and didn't like sitting still. We did not use one at Disney full time. There were the occasional afternoons he would be too tired and not ready to go back to the room so we would rent a Disney one. And, yes, I was also a single mom and had no problems with not having one. We would always go at his pace, taking it easy when he wanted to do so, and we always went back to the room for breaks. Most of the time that was spent at the pool but we did leave the parks. Just depends on your child.

you will need it leaving the parks as it is a long walk to transportation plus most likely you will have a walk from drop off point to your room with a tired possibility sleeping child. could be a long carry. I would bring from home or rent offsite so you have one outside the park gates
Well you might or might not. We rented in the parks for our 4 year old twins and very tiny 6 year old (they shared) but didn’t need it outside of the parks.

Use a stroller or rent one, we usually travel with our umbrella stroller and then rent a more durable one for the parks.

"Me: I can't wait to not need a stroller anymore
Also me: I don't want to be without a stroller, then I'll have to carry everything!"

My kid has been going to Disney since he was 3 months old. He's currently 5.5. We still take the stroller although this will probably be the last year. We just move faster, he's less grumpy/tired, and we have a spot to store some stuff. I'd recommend it.

Don't risk this. Just bring it. You can always just park it if you don't need it. The bad scenario is if you need it and you are now lugging a sleeping kid.

We only use a stroller at Disney, no shame in that. Just gate check it, no big deal.

I'm at Disney!!! And I brought the stroller. It was definitely nice to have at the airport at 530am lol. Didn't use it for our resort day today but gonna take it to the park tomorrow. So glad you all changed my mind on this. Even if I don't use it at the park. It was really nice to have at the airport cuz she was dead weight tired until we arrived in Orlando and I put 1 bag in the under cubby.

You can rent a stroller for your child at the Disney parks too.
Now your other question will it get stollen? No I don't think it would as there's CCTV cameras in the parks but when you go on rides please don't leave any valuables Unattended. If you are worried about anything or the stroller being stollen speak to the park security just after the bag search or call to the security office and speak to them for advice.

You can rent a stroller for your child at the Disney parks too.
Now your other question will it get stollen? No I don't think it would as there's CCTV cameras in the parks but when you go on rides please don't leave any valuables Unattended. If you are worried about anything or the stroller being stollen speak to the park security just after the bag search or call to the security office and speak to them for advice.
Also I do recommend getting these from Amazon or etsy too as the Disney parks can get a little bit crowded and it will help you and your child to stay close in the crowds in the Disney parks. They are wrist bands for you and your child to wear with cord connected to your wristband and your child's wristband.

Screenshot_20230504_023348_com.android.chrome.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter