Stroller question..bring vs rent

MaggieMoo'sMom

Mouseketeer
Last year, we battled the F&W Festival at Epcot with my McClaren Volo. My DD4 was drenched by a cup of beer when someone ran into her stroller as we were sitting waiting for Illuminations to start. Not that a Disney stroller would have repelled the beer, but do you find that the Disney strollers are more "battle worthy" than the common umbrella stroller? I just remember that feeling of panick when I was pushing her that night...like I was going to dump her into the crowd. Has anyone else chosen to rent vs. bring your own to have a stroller more protection in a crowd? I know there have been problems with people using them to run over other people, and I would never do that. I just felt like everything was closing in on us...

I'm bringing my Maclaren Quest to Disney next week because I have a strap on it and can put it on my shoulder and bring it on the busses. Secondly, once we leave the park I will most likely have to carry my 3 year old to the bus stop so that is why I need the stroller. She's too heavy for me. Thirdly, we will use it at Downtown Disney. DTD is very big and I know (especially at night) she will want to be carried. Renting is ideal except that once outside the parks you can't really use the rentals when you'll really need them.

Neither! :rotfl:. (I don't like taking strollers, but that's just me).

I would rent, just because then you don't have to worry about getting the stroller into your car or bus or whatever you would use to get from your resort to the parks. We rented in 2002, and found doing it that was was handy.

We always brought the stroller (trying to decide if we need it for the 4.5yo this trip) and I would never rent a WDW one because they are WAY too pricey!

If we ever did rent, it would be a length of stay with an outside company (the owner's locker people have a great spin off company) because I would want it for walking between the parks and the buses and the buses and our room at the resort. No way that I want to carry a heavy toddler at the end of a long day in the parks!

We have always used our Peg Perego Aria on our trips and have found it to be no problem getting on and off the buses w/ it folded.... and it is larger than most "umbrella" type strollers.

If you think you need a stroller, then I would definitely bring your own. Don't forget that it is easier to get a baby or toddler through the airport with a stroller as well!

We brought two umbrella strollers for my 3 year old nephew and 5 year old niece on our trip last summer. We stayed at Coronado Springs and our room was quite a ways off from the pool, food court, and bus stops, so we definitely needed them for carting the kiddos around the resort and back from the bus stop at night. If you're at a large resort (which most of them are!) there are certainly advantages to having the stroller with you. The Disney strollers that you can rent in the park do seem quite sturdy, but they can't possibly be comfy! Also, I'd imagine those rental fees add up over several days in the park!

I'm in the bring category. While they are a pain on buses, I'd rather use my own comfy one with storage then the plastic battering ram looking ones. The one I bring is a Maclaren knockoff by Wendy Belissimo, and it's survived 2 tours of duty at WDW and is about to do a week in California!

If you did decide to rent, I'd use Orlando Stroller Rentals. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I just think those WDW strollers are too expensive and not comfortable. I rented a similar one at Mall of America when DS was 18 months old, and he just didn't like it.

I brought one, found it to be very convenient from the get-go when we arrived at the airport. Also, the rentals are hard and uncomfortable and expensive. We purchased a Jeep umbrella stroller for $40 that was durable enough to hold my 7 year old for a whole day when he was too sick to walk (so sick he didn't care the stroller was pink):laughing:

the WDW strollers are awesome. Roomy enough and shaded enough for the kids to pass out, and SUPER easy to manuver. I feel that people see them better than they do a regular stroller cause they are bright blue. theres some storage room in them for a few things, cups ect. Just give the kids a blankie in the stroller they can cuddle up with.:cool1:

We always bring our own, more comfy for the kids, smaller and more storage and although they can be a pain on the busses. I'm not dealing with a cranky toddler or one that is asleep at the end of the night, they are happy to crash in the stroller on the way to the busses and then to the room.

It is actually cheaper for us to rent a stroller from Disney than from Magic Strollers... $78 vs $92.. so I'm renting the one from Disney. I can still carry my 4 yr old so I will carry him to the room at the end of the night if necessary.

BUMPIN--WDW great place but is there issues with people stealing strollers? Awful thing to thimk about! This will be my first time using stroller at the parks. I have heard stories of the rentals takin and items stolen from strollers!

We have always brought strollers and have never had an issue with anyone taking our stroller - ever.

Since my kids are now older this trip (but still may require a stroller when too tired to walk - ages 4 & 6) we decided to rent a double stroller from Magic Strollers just to use in the parks. The last thing I want to be doing is carrying a cranky child. lol

you could buy one (or find one free) on craigslist. then bring it and not worry what happens to it, even give it away when leaving if you like.

I have various, depending on the situation.

I have a 5yo and a 20mo.

If its me and the wife with the DD and DS, we bring our Graco stroller for the little one, and the Combi umbrella for the older.

If its just me and the DD (5yo) then Ibring the combi.

If its jsut me and the DS (I have a SP with DD and the wife has jack, btw), I bring the Graco.

If its me and both kids, I bring our Sit and Stand.

I dread the day the kids are old enough to not use a stroller, as I know they will get tired the first bunch of trips. Imight get a jogging stroller to hold them in. To me, I'm not spendning $30 or whatever a day for a stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter