• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller rental at the parks

leslieh

DIS Veteran
Its been 20 years since we have needed it. My new grandson will be going with us next week, with the whole family, thought it would be easier to rent instead of take one on airlines. How much for daily rental and what kind of strollers do they have? thanks from the new grandma :)

Congratulations new grandma! I'm sure you are very excited about your trip.

I'm not sure on the pricing of the strollers (my kids are way past that stage) but I do know that Disney's strollers are NOT really "infant friendly" but seem to be better suited for children that can already sit up on their own.

I don't believe the seats recline, thus making it difficult for an infant to nap. I do know that many families rent strollers from an "offsite" place. I'm sure someone will come along and chime in with that info.

Hope your trip is wonderful!!

I'll let someone else comment about the offsite rentals since I haven't used them, but one HUGE thing to think about with the in-park rentals is that you can't take them with you - i.e. you might have to wake a sleeping baby if you are ready to leave the park and they are asleep. It kills me to do that, not to mention carrying them on very tired legs all the way back to the room at the end of the day. That is why we always bring our own. Just something to think about! :goodvibes

We have rented from A Baby's Best Friend 2 times and it worked perfectly for us- the strollers are clean comfortable, plenty of storage, and are yours your entire stay. They drop then off at your hotel with the baeel hops, and when you check out you leave them witht he bell hops and they pick them up.

We're planning to rent a double from the sponsor in the banner at the top of the page -- Orlando Stroller Rentals.
I like that they'll deliver it to and pick it up from our resort. Unfortunately, I won't be able to tell you about the experience until after your trip. :rolleyes:
I've read good reviews about them, though. ;)

Another vote for A Baby's Best Friend - they truly are great. We have used them numerous times, and not just for strollers, and all their items are clean and sanitized, well-maintained, and comfortable ('comfy' I am told repeatedly - LOL).

Delivered to the resort before we arrive - picked up after we leave. Great communication and accessible for questions. Makes a great experience for us each and every time.

www.abbf.com

Highly recommended. :thumbsup2

Baby's Best Friend. We have used them for years and years and have always been satisfied. SnowBound said it: Clean, comfy and hassle-free. Great to have a service that values customer service. :goodvibes

How old is your grandson? Disney rentals are very expensive and really won't accomodate an infant.

I vote for bringing your own. It's really NOT hard to take a stroller on an airplane. It's actually my vote for our family (3 kids) to bring 2 strollers, because even tho the 4 year old won't use a stroller in the airport, we can pile up our carry-on bags on it to make the walk to the gate much easier. You just get it tagged at your gate, collapse it, and leave it right outside the plane door, then pick it up right outside the plane at your destination.

If this is for an older child and you don't actually have a stroller at home for him anymore, it's still cheaper to buy one (check weight limits) or get one off of Craigslist/yardsale than to rent one. If you buy a new one, you can resell it when you get back as having a week's worth of use and make almost all of your money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter