• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have "googled" exactly that during the course of this discussion, and as an academic librarian I can say that I have not turned up a single authoritative source which determines at what age a stroller is no longer appropriate for a child. How old is 50 pounds?
I think it's around 7 years.

I have "googled" exactly that during the course of this discussion, and as an academic librarian I can say that I have not turned up a single authoritative source which determines at what age a stroller is no longer appropriate for a child. How old is 50 pounds?

Are we going to pretend we don't know what ages a child who weighs around 50 lbs is now? How about 16 years old. That sounds about right.

And since these things are just guidelines and mean nothing let's say we let 15 year olds in strollers, 10 year olds wear diapers, and 3 month olds eat steak. The guidelines are useless, right? If 9 is not too old for a stroller than what is? 11? 13? This is getting silly and I'm bored. I'll let you have the last word.

Am I the only one that's too lazy to push an older child around Disney in a stroller? If DD needs a speed bost, she can ride on mine or DH's back for a few minutes, but pushing a half grown person around plus the weight of the stroller is no good. I do miss the storage of the stroller though.

That's the thing though....I DONT care. I've said it a few times now. Lol Do you ever see something out of the ordinary and take an extra look at whatever it is? Like a set of triplets, for example. You aren't used to seeing triplets so you notice them. It has nothing to do with judging or caring. Seeing a 9 year old in a stroller meant for a 3 year old is going to catch your attention.

You're the one who brought up googling what age to use a stroller. Sounds like you might care a bit. That type of discussion should be off limits as we do not know circumstances nor is it anyone's business.

Not sure why this discussion has moved towards research backing children in strollers. It’s just not that serious. Sticking a kid in a stroller at WDW is not going to be a decision based on research anymore than the choice to go there in the first place (or the decision to argue about said stroller use on the internet :rolleyes1).

You're the one who brought up googling what age to use a stroller. Sounds like you might care a bit. That type of discussion should be off limits as we do not know circumstances nor is it anyone's business.

I didn't join the convo about until page 25. You might wanna read back a few more pages where people brought up the appropriate age to be in a stroller. It certainly was not me.

I didn't join the convo about until page 25. You might wanna read back a few more pages where people brought up the appropriate age to be in a stroller. It certainly was not me.

I'm speaking directly to the suggestion you brought up. It's an interesting hill to die on, that's for sure.

What changed since the 90s (and 80s)?

You could argue that Disney's prices ($3.50 for a bottle of water) cause people to want to bring in ice and wagons and strollers to bring that stuff in.
Imagine if Disney sold water for like $1.00? You'd see less people willing to try and "save money" by hauling all that stuff in the park.

Thirty years ago, when the kids were 6 or 7 , we didn't carry anything into the parks food wise. Part of that was because we didn't have fridges in the rooms or all these delivery services.

But now when you can buy a 6 pack of 16 oz bottles of soda elsewhere for the cost of one in the parks, for sure I'd do it.

Are we going to pretend we don't know what ages a child who weighs around 50 lbs is now? How about 16 years old. That sounds about right.

And since these things are just guidelines and mean nothing let's say we let 15 year olds in strollers, 10 year olds wear diapers, and 3 month olds eat steak. The guidelines are useless, right? If 9 is not too old for a stroller than what is? 11? 13? This is getting silly and I'm bored. I'll let you have the last word.

Children can be all sorts of different sizes. Assuming they are all the same size at a certain age is beyond ridiculous.

I'll give you an example. My sister has 2 daughters. When one way 5 and one was 9 they wore the same size clothes. The 9 year old (now 24) was and still is petite. Her younger sister is not huge, but definitely taller and bigger boned.

I am very curious as to how Disney will be enforcing this rule? Will cast members be standing out there with tape measurers measuring everyone’s strollers that appear like they might be too big??

Probably. I have seen a security CM whip out a tape measure, recently, at the security checkpoint at Disneyalnd to measure, I think, a cooler. They do carry them.

Children can be all sorts of different sizes. Assuming they are all the same size at a certain age is beyond ridiculous.

I'll give you an example. My sister has 2 daughters. When one way 5 and one was 9 they wore the same size clothes. The 9 year old (now 24) was and still is petite. Her younger sister is not huge, but definitely taller and bigger boned.

Do they still use a stroller?

That's why I said "ages" and not "age".

I'd only be for that if they didn't move them. I have an orange stroller and was shocked how many people had orange strollers....
Choice between moving strollers around or leaving more and more empty spots, increasing the space used for stroller parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter