Strollers and Gate Check

crasher11

Off to never never land
think this was posted on here before but wanted to tell you of our experience with United Airlines. We decided to purchase a stroller from Wal-Mart ($49.00) and take it with us instead of renting one from the parks. We have a 3 year old and a 5 year old and that stroller was the best thing we took with us on our trip. LOL
With United Airlines we took the stroller right to the boarding gate with us and then got a Gate Check tag from the check-in person at the gate. From there take it all the way to the airplane unload your little one and fold it up. They then load it right there and when we landed at Orange county, it was waiting for us right where we left it. It worked out Perfect !!!! Check with your airline to see if they offer this service too. It worked perfect for us..

We did this for years, especially when the boys were little! You can also gate check a car seat. Once our little ones were out of the infant car seat, didn't help as much, but when they were infants, it was a god send. Though, I gotta say I used this option for a long time, as I was kinda freaked about the possibilty of getting to my location without a car seat, so we checked it until my youngest was about 4.
I used the stoller gate check last Aug, when our youngest was 2.5 and kinda too big for a stroller, because it's a way to keep her confined and comfortable as we're walking all over an airport. (And it's nice to be able to have someplace to put your stuff.
Gotta add, it's even better when you have a lay-over! Then you have your stroller as you're walking through the airport trying to get to your connection....often-times briskly walking through the airport.

Gate check is great! The hardest part is getting the stroller through security (not so much for umbrella strollers, but full size are a PITA).

I have only had problems once, and that was with a Graco side by side double that got mangled by the baggage handlers. It came back to us with the canopy popped off (not fixable without getting a screwdriver -- something we don't bring with us on vacation!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter