• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strollers, I Leave Tomorrow And Haven't Even Thought About A Stroller

PAMFORDHAM

Earning My Ears
FIRST OF ALL MY YOUNGEST CHILDREN ARE 4, AND 7, ARE THEY GOING TO NEED A STROLLER? SECOND I GAVE MY STOLLER AWAY A YEAR AGO, WHERE CAN I RENT ONE, AND HOW MUCH DO THE COST? THANKS......

I am not positive about the price, but YES..your children will need a stroller. There is a lot of walking, excitement, and heat. This can add up to a very unhappy child (as I am sure that you already know!). The strollers are available right at the front of the parks (I've seen them, but always brought my own so I am not sure of the price).

GET the stroller! It'll cost about $5 or $6 per day, and hold on to your receipt becahuse if you hop to a 2nd park in one day, you can show 'em your stroller receipt and you won't have to pay again in the 2nd park.

We have a 7 year old girl and a 3 year old boy and they loved getting a double stroller. It is expensive to rent but worth it if you don't want them to tire out quickly.

Just returned yesterday, single strollers are $8 and doubles $15. You get 1 Disney dollar back when you return it. We brought our own stroller for the 2 year old, wound up renting a stroller for the 4 year old for last three days, her little legs just couldn't make it.

The 7 yr old will be able to walk quite a bit of the time. I have never taken a stroller for one that old. The last time we went, my youngest was 5 and was nota good walker. However, he really didn't need stroller anymore when we went to the mall, etc. so we didn't have one anymore. I went to Target or Kmart and bought the little umbrella stroller for less than 20 dollars. It worked great - was so easy on the busses and monorail. Folded up so quick and was what the 5 yr old needed. He was not going to nap or anything in it. We are going back soon and are really hoping that at 7, he will be like our others and be very happy to walk. If there are a few days he is not, we might rent a stroller. Your younger one will need one every day - so I would take one for that purpose. It will pay for itself quickly. Ddoubles are not always the best as you might want to split up at some point.......

I would have been lost without a stroller!!!! My son is 5 and we are still considering taking one in the spring, just because it's so wonderful to have!!

If you can, buy an umbrella stroller (around $20 - $30) at the Wal-Mart in Orlando. If you are stopping for groceries, Wal-Mart has those too. If you are going to be in WDW for any length of time, you'll save money. The umbrella stroller with help with your 4-year-old, but not the 7-year-old, but if you've done any walking in preporations, (s)he will be fine.

You can use the stroller outside the parks as well. Umbrella strollers fold-up nicely, so even when taking the bus it's not too bad.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!!!

Lori

6/1997 Off site, 2/2000 Off site, 2/2001 Poly, 10/2001 POFQ, AKL & Magic, 1/2002 ASMo

If you are staying concierage, usually you can get a stroller for free. If you aren't staying concierage and are staying at a deluxe hotel which are the ones that offer concierage, remember when you check in to ask if you can upgrade for free. You never know. It has happened to many other people and now with the lower amount of guests, disney might be even more accomodating. If you aren't staying at a deluxe, I strongly recommend that you buy a stroller if possible before you go and bring it or buy it down there, since it will help with walking around the airport. Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter