Struggling with Tiers at HS... help! :)

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! Party of 8 coming to HS in a couple of months, ready to make FPs soon!!!

We have four adults and four children (all 4 & 6 year olds).

Priorities:

Kids want to ride Alien Swirling Saucers
Adults want to ride Slinky, and either ToT or RnR (both, if possible).

We are pretty well versed in Rider Swap. In the past, we didn't have to have FP for all who wanted to ride - just the first group. Is that the case with Slinky, still???

Can anyone give me an idea of what you do as far as booking FPs? What would you book now? Should we book all Fast Passes even though we don't really need Tier 2? How do we "burn" them if we don't use them, so we can try for a 4th FP after riding the Toy Story rides???

I would book FP for Slinky and RD Alien Swirling Saucers - if you split into 2 groups the kids will get to ride AS2 twice. If you go straight back from those to ToT and RnR you should be able to ride both with rider swap fairly easily.

On Rider Swap - it seems to depend on the CM if you all have to have FP or not AND it seems FP for all is more enforced on the harder to get rides like 7DMT and Slinky. So I would plan on having them for everyone. You will "burn" FP by tapping in and then not riding - modify the next one up earlier and then do the same. I would pick things you can hit easily on your planned walking route or things you could use to entertain the kids during the rider swap process at ToT and RnR. Expiring them for time will not clear you to book more Tier 1 - so you have to tap in.

I'm going to assume you're able to schedule 60 days out and only one day in the park. I'm also going to assume you're skipping Galaxy's Edge. Which 60 days out also means no accounting for any extending Extra Extra Magic Hours. And please know someone may correct me as they are far more knowledgeable. I'm only taking my third trip this December and most of this is based on limited experience and what wait times have been showing.

If SDD and/or RnRC is the priority ride, make sure you make DHS a later date (more likely to get a FP the later the day of your trip is). In your case, if you can rope drop TSL, you should be able to do that within two hours. You will have to hit SDD first, then TSM, then Alien Swirling Saucers (if you skip TSM, you'll get out early). In this case I would fastpass RnRC around 11:00 or :11:30. Or you can try for a 10:00am FP for SDD. If you're only intending on riding Alien Swirling Saucers you can actually do an earlier FP then head over to RnRC and ToT. RnRC I believe has been typically the longer wait than ToT. So I would hit that then ToT

You do not need to book all of your FP+ ahead of time. You "burn" fastpasses by going to the FP turnstile, touching your band/card to it then leaving without getting in line. Unless you can design your FP's to have a direct route from attraction to attraction, I'm not sure I'd recommend pre-booking all 3 of your FP. I know it feels like a waste, but unless you want to keep one for Star Tours just in case, I'm not sure I'd get more than the one attraction.

In short:
-In FP Booking I would prioritize SDD over RnRC, but if not available RnRC over ToT.
-I wouldn't pre-book more than two fastpasses, and if for some reason one isn't available for Star Tours I wouldn't even book a second.
-Keep checking MDE for Fastpasses that you can modify for the ride you want while in the park. Star Tours is going to be a placeholder FP if you choose to book it due to it's short wait times currently. If you find a RnRC or ToT FP that work, modify the ST one.

We rope dropped Alien Swirling Saucers in June. We were able to ride it twice with no wait since everyone else was going to Slinky Dog. I know things may have changed somewhat with Star Wars, but I still think a fast pass for Slinky Dog and rope droping Alien is a good bet.

So I guess safest and best strategy would be book adults four FP to SDD and four kids to ToT or RnR? My only concern is a long line at Alien SS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter