• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stuck on Rides - Are We Weird?

We get stuck on several rides each trip. Not mobility slow-downs, but full on stops for 15-20+ minutes. I still have IASW nightmares. The "best" was getting stuck on HM just before unloading for a little over 20 minutes, almost missed our Buzz FP time slot. We had no views and had to listen to the guy in front berate the CMs for not letting him off. They announced te ride was having "technical difficulties" but what really happened is that a guest puked all over the conveyer belt and it had to be cleaned and sanitized. We've had to be waked off Dinosaur--twice--, and Buzz started up right before they were going to walk us off one of the times we were stuck. Another time we were stuck, they reset our scores, not cool. These days, it seems getting stuck is pretty easy to do.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We stopped on Spaceship Earth tonight right where the soaring guy is!! OMG!! You wouldn't believe how loud he snores when the commentary is off!! My DD6 thought it was pretty funny. I was so ready to move!!

Freudian slip? ;)

I worked in Disney a few years ago (BTM) and was shocked at the reactions of people during a downtime. I'd go to evacuate expecting to be met with a train full of cranky guests upset that after waiting a while in line, they couldn't finish the full ride - and I'd perfectly understand their frustration! Except, every single time...EVERY SINGLE TIME, the guests would be more excited and in awe than anything. This isn't to say there wouldn't be that one guest complaining, but out of 30+ people, it was outnumbered. Soooo it's definitely not weird to be interested in that sort of thing - it seems to be a very popular interest! :thumbsup2

I worked in Disney a few years ago (BTM) and was shocked at the reactions of people during a downtime. I'd go to evacuate expecting to be met with a train full of cranky guests upset that after waiting a while in line, they couldn't finish the full ride - and I'd perfectly understand their frustration! Except, every single time...EVERY SINGLE TIME, the guests would be more excited and in awe than anything. This isn't to say there wouldn't be that one guest complaining, but out of 30+ people, it was outnumbered. Soooo it's definitely not weird to be interested in that sort of thing - it seems to be a very popular interest! :thumbsup2

That makes sense. There was a thread earlier this year about backstage tours, and an interesting discussion emerged regarding whether it would be fun/cool to get to see Space Mountain or Spaceship Earth backstage. Some people said no, that seeing the mechanical works would be boring. But a fair number of people (me included) thought it would be a real kick to experience. Still waiting for that elusive SM e-stop ride with the lights on. I don't care which coast ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter