• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Studio, 1BR or 2 for 3 adults to be comfy?

Scroggins

Earning My Ears
Never done DVC. Thought a studio would work for our family, 3 adults, as a regular hotel room always has but seeing that there isn’t really a 2nd bed unless you get a 2BR wondered what others did? Seems like a studio is “less than” (amenity wise) a reg hotel room...1 BR gives some space but still has a pull out...so is 2BR really the only way to go for a family that wants beds?....or 2 studios?

Never done DVC. Thought a studio would work for our family, 3 adults, as a regular hotel room always has but seeing that there isn’t really a 2nd bed unless you get a 2BR wondered what others did? Seems like a studio is “less than” (amenity wise) a reg hotel room...1 BR gives some space but still has a pull out...so is 2BR really the only way to go for a family that wants beds?....or 2 studios?

Saratoga springs renovated studios has a pull down queen murphy bed instead of the sofa bed. Currently renovated sections are the preferred sections and the Paddock section of the standards. Old Key west has 2 queen beds in the studio. Riviera studios have the pull down queen murphy bed instead of the sofa bed

Last edited:
I have gotten spoiled and now book at 1 bedroom or larger for more than 2.

We are three in 10 days and I changed us to a 2 bedroom so we have the living room.

But, as noted, Saratoga..and RIV now has the pull down Murphy which uses the same mattress as the bed so those are a great option for studio or 1 bedrooms.

DVC is a timeshare, which generally means fewer beds than in a hotel unit. A 1 or 2BR is really a condo. The studio is considered by many to be hotel-like but may not be comfy for 3 adults.

Well, we do a 1BR with our twins DDs (are turning 22). They share the pull out (though OKW, BLT and AKV- Kidani have 2 pull outs, one is a chair pull out, and they get their own then and the pull out chair is super comfy, way better than the pull out sofas). We also di a studio at Poly and one slept on the flip down TV bed (though very small and cramped so not really for a full sized/aged adult, though my DDs are 5'9" and can sleep on it) and the other in the pull out sofa.

I'd say a 1BR is fine if A) someone doesn't mind sleeping on pull out...and B) you all don't mind waking and sharing the kitchen/living space as in ...is everyone on same sleep schedule?.... With our 20-something DDs, we bring coffee maker into bathroom and can wake early and make coffee and hang out/shower/work....even quietly sneak out door to go somewhere. Because our DDs sleep until like 11am. We wake around 7am.

I do think Riviera 1BR has a flip down bed from the wall (murphy bed)...real mattress and not pull out sofa bed. SSR is renovating and putting same in there. They have the preferred view at SSR that are done renovations. That 1BR has a big murphy bed and a little flip down bed under the TV (single) too. Real mattresses.

Last edited:
The Murphy bed mattress is more comfy than the pull outs. The only problem is if you’re over 6’.

Great call out on Riviera with the Murphy bed. That may be the way to go, plus the gondola will be cool!

The Murphy bed mattress is more comfy than the pull outs. The only problem is if you’re over 6’.
That’s the small bed under the TV. RIV and SSR have a queen size Murphy bed in the couch. It has real mattress and it is a huge improvement over the pull out sofa beds that DVC has. I have slept on one that was really comfy at a relatives house and I’m 6’4”.

Yes the one under TV was not good for me. That’s good to know about SSR and RIV.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom at the Riviera and thought it was very spacious. (2 adults and 2 teenagers). As long as sharing a bathroom is a not an issue. The bathroom is split so you can have 2 people using it at the same time (sink/tub in one, sink/shower/toilet in another)

To me if money is no concern - the bigger room/area the better. However, I have slept on pull out sofa beds in the GF Villas studio and they are very comfortable. Decided to stretch points to stay longer and spent little time in the room so the smaller accommodations were perfectly fine for myself and girl friends. (We did not care about cooking either. Just ate breakfast in and then ate at parks or on property.) However, when at Disney with 6'5" significant other we always get the one bedroom so there is a king bed and so we have two TVs. We don't open and close the parks but include more r and r, fine dining, tours, and spa time. If we go with another couple we go the two bedroom route. So for me it depends on who I am with, how long I will be gone, and how much time will be spent in room or at parks.

The Murphy bed at the RIV is excellent. We have slept on it for 6 nights and couldn’t have been happier.

I have recently gone with 4 adult ladies & 3 adult ladies (both separate trips). We utilized a 2BR for both trips (SSR & OKW for best use of points with such a large room) so that everyone can have their own bed & bathroom space too! There were only 2 toilets but it worked out. I too like having the living space be free of people. I slept on the murphy bed in the 2BR at SSR & was usually the first to rise so I would put the bed up for the day. 😁

If you're all family, the studio should be fine. We always book a studio when it was just my husband and young adult daughter. The pull out couches/murphy beds are fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter