Studio at Hilton Head

Chameleon

Mouseketeer
Where should I request to stay, the main lodge or under the GVs? There will be three of us - DW and DS - 1 1/2 years old. Any thoughts?

Are there irons and ironng boards in the studios?

Any activities or things that are a must see?

Thanks again for the help.

We have stayed twice in Studios at Hilton Head. Once in building 18 and once in the main lodge.

Both were quite nice. My family prefers to stay in one of the buildings closer to the pool and activity center.

Just request a studio with a marsh view and not in the main lodge. They can't promise but will do their best to give you what you want.

Call the resort and they will send you an activities list. My family has enjoyed the dolphin cruise and sailing on the Schooner Welcome. Even my 19 & 15 yr old children thought these were both "cool".

Visit Tommy Towery's Hilton Head page for a great resource. http://ttowery.tripod.com/

Also visit the Schooner "Welcome" Page. http://www.schooner.net

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Our first trip to HHI is in Sept. We will be staying in a studio. Our only request was for top floor, but Chameleon's question:

*****Where should I request to stay, the main lodge or under the GVs?******

does make me want to ask. Are all the studios "under" GV's if they are not in the lodge? What is different about staying in the main lodge; is it more like a hotel (enter from hallway, room service, etc)? Are top floor studios available at the main lodge.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help....

There are only 21 Studios at HH. 16 are in the lodge area and 5 are beneath the GV's.

HH has no ground floor rooms- the lodge area villas have elevator access- all others are up a flight of stairs.
The 11 acre island has an elevation of 4 feet above sea level and there are some places on the island actually below sea level. There is a unique pump driven drainage system to control any potential flooding, but there are no ground level rooms at all.

The only real differences (besides elevator access) is in the view- marsh, pool or island view.

Enjoy!

We stayed in a studio at HH in May -- ironing board and iron are in the closet. We were not in the lodge and had an island view. We were on the "first" floor, but not under a GV. I wish I had requested a marsh view when I made our ressies (live and learn!!). The marsh is beautiful. There are lots of activities for kids of all ages. Hope you have a great vacation!!

We have stayed in a studio on the top floor of the Lodge and really enjoyed the view. I also liked the convience of the elevator and the covered parking under the lodge. You can usually park close to the elevator and ride up to you room.

The downside is the walk to the pool/community center where most activies start. But even then it is still only a 5 min. walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter