Studio at VGF vs 1 Bedroom at BLT

herb102211

DIS Veteran
We currently have a studio booked at the Grand Floridian for the night we are attending MNSSHP. It’s my husband and I along with our 18 month old on the trip. We are considering switching to a 1BR at Bay Lake Tower. Would you keep the studio at Grand Floridian or switch? TIA!

It will be easier to get back to BLT at park close ( you can just walk) but if it was me I would just book whichever was cheaper.

If you have the points, the BLT one bedroom will give you a lot more space, but an easy walk to BLT from the MK. You don't have to wait for a monorail or boat like you do with GFV.

It’s just one night? Would you use the kitchen and W/D of the 1BR? If not, the question becomes whether it’s worth an extra 10 points or so to be able to keep a (possibly sleeping) baby in a stroller for a walk back to BLT vs taking the monorail or boat launch back.
If you’ve got points to spare, BLT would probably be a bit easier. Especially if you think you might need to leave in the middle of the party. But we’ve done small child and stroller back to poly and GF several times and it’s always been very manageable.

It’s just one night? Would you use the kitchen and W/D of the 1BR? If not, the question becomes whether it’s worth an extra 10 points or so to be able to keep a (possibly sleeping) baby in a stroller for a walk back to BLT vs taking the monorail or boat launch back.
If you’ve got points to spare, BLT would probably be a bit easier. Especially if you think you might need to leave in the middle of the party. But we’ve done small child and stroller back to poly and GF several times and it’s always been very manageable.
If you are talking about using the monorail with your stroller open, the line gets really long at night sometimes. And sometimes they tell guests to remove the small children from the stroller and close them up to get more guests on board the monorail. They could take the larger ferry boat back to TTC and then walk back to the GFV from the TTC, but it's a much longer walk than just walking to BLT from the MK. The smaller boat to GF and Polynesian doesn't let you keep kids in the stroller either. But you cannot walk to GF or Polynesian from the MK, only CR and BLT.

We decided to book the 1BR at Bay Lake (it ended up only being 3 points more than our VGF reservation, because it's a standard view room). We decided that the convenience of walking back to BLT at the end of the night (or if we need to leave and come back) outweighs staying at the Grand and waiting for the monorail. Thanks everyone for your input! Much appreciated!

Great choice! Like the studios at VGF but the extra room and proximity to MK at BLT will be priceless. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter