Studio in January

ShuisFan584

<font color=red>Bowler & <font color=blue>Softball
My sister and I will probably be going to Disney again in January and May of next year. We planned on staying at the Boardwalk, or any other DVC resort in May, so we wouldn't be able to make those reservations until October. We were going to stay at a non DVC resort in January, and just pay for it, since the points are really our parent's. But now our parents are telling us that they want us to use their points both times! They don't want us to have to pay for the resorts when we have the points to use, since they don't plan on going for another few years.

So now we'll probably end up staying at a DVC resort in January too, which is only 4 months away. I don't know how soon we'll be making the reservations, because we still don't know if anyone else would go besides the two of us. My question is, would it be hard for us to book a studio when it's only 4 months from now? I know January is one of the least crowded times to go, but I don't know how fast the DVC resorts fill up. We'll probably see if we can stay at SSR since it's our home resort, but we really wouldn't mind staying anywhere that's available. So, when would be the latest that we could make our reservations?

at SSR you will probably be fine now and even later.

I think that both BWV and BCV are full in their studios.

haven't heard about VWL.

Try to make your reservation at least 60 days prior to arrival. That's when DVC often sends unreserved member inventory to CRO to rent to the general public. Members still have access to those rooms, but theyare competing with the general public for them.

If you are open to any WDW DVC resort, I don't think you will have a problem getting a reservation in January - unless you want to go either Marathon weekend or MLK weekend. If either of those times is a possibility, call as soon as you can. My advice is to reserve a studio now for the two of you that are going, and then if others join you, you can try for larger accomodations at that time.

Best wishes -

Last January I booked a last minute stay at the BW in a std studio in late December. No problems. Last was just my experience last year!! Good Luck!! :wizard:

I would generally say that too.

but someone else posted that BWV is fully for her week in January.

before I assumed too much.... ;)

i am also looking to rent point is jan and have been told by 2 people that jan is prettu booked up at the BW so i am looking into other resorts

I booked on Friday for five nights in a studio, late January, and had my pick of any DVC resort (we chose BCV). As you get closer, it might get a little tougher, but I bet even last minute you'd be able to get something. We love January -- it's usually SOOO quiet!

Thanks everyone! It would have to be the first or second week of January (most likely the second) that we go, because we start school the 3rd week. So it wouldn't fall on MLK weekend, but I have no idea when this marathon is. We would like to stay at SSR since it's our home resort, but we really wouldn't mind staying at any of the resorts, since we still need to check them all out (except for OKW which is where we went for our first trip).

I guess all I have to do is make sure my sister definitely wants to go (since we both do have annual passes), even if it's just the two of us. So I'm hoping we can make the reservations before the end of this month!

Marathon Expo is on Friday, Jan 6. 1/2 Marathon, Family Fun Run 5K and Kids races are Sat, Jan 7. The full marathon is Sunday, Jan 8. Lots of marathoners like to stay at the BW, BC or a monorail resort because they are so close to either the start or finish.

I went to SSR last January. It is also my home resort. I decided in October that I wanted to go, and had no problem getting a studio. We arrived on Jan. 15th so the first two days we were there were more crowded due to MLK Day. SSR did not seem very crowded at the time, and remember last year only 4 SSR buildings were open.

Where ever you stay, have a good time. I love going in January; it is much cooler then the summer, and much last crowded.

Julie

I think if you will stay at ANY DVC resort, you will find something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter