Studio vs 1 bedroom

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
My family is going next year but we are trying to decide between a studio and 1 bedroom. We are 3 adults and this would be the first time we are going. We are planning just 2 or 3 nights to try it out. We are just not sure if the double points are worth the jump to 1 bedroom if we want to try food there. Have people found that the perks of the 1 bedroom outweigh the less points in a studio?

Thank you for any advice

Do you plan on cooking? If not then I would save the points, especially for just a few days stay.

Do you plan on cooking? If not then I would save the points, especially for just a few days stay.
If we got a 1 bedroom we would cook. We have other members of the
Arty who would stay somewhere else.

If they wanted to come visit, are they allowing visitors to come by?

We always do a 1 bedroom even for the two of us so much more relaxing having the lounge. I wouldn’t do a studio personally with 3 adults. Also we don’t really rate the Aulani restaurants doubly now AMA AMA is closed so we like space for take out or cooking

We always do a 1 bedroom even for the two of us so much more relaxing having the lounge. I wouldn’t do a studio personally with 3 adults. Also we don’t really rate the Aulani restaurants doubly now AMA AMA is closed so we like space for take out or cooking
Do you have a particular view you always like to book?

Use your points to stay longer. I use 3 years of points to stay over 2 weeks. We love Hawaii and we love staying at Aulani. For your short trip, bank your points for your next trip since you will want to go again.

We're here right now. Island view with decent 45 degree angle view of the ocean since we're facing the beach villa resort (and get a good view of the Luau too!

Studio - 2adults 2 adult children. one sleeping on twin blowup. Takeout all the time. It's a little squishy but one is perpetually on the balcony so plenty of sitting space for laptops/phones and everything else.

Agree save points if not a space/cooking party.

I'm not a view guy at all ... you can get some island view rooms that would count as water view at WDW (ie you can see it in the distance). With three adults, I'd do the 1 bedroom. More room to spread out. You can also get breakfast stuff and save some $ there.

If you're staying a bit on the island and need laundry- 1br has in-room vs studio needs to use on 1st floor costing $4 per machine per load. ($8 if w+d).

If you're staying a bit on the island and need laundry- 1br has in-room vs studio needs to use on 1st floor costing $4 per machine per load. ($8 if w+d).
Don’t we get tokens as DVC? Has that changed? (The OP is talking about saving points, so I assume she is DVC)

Do you have a particular view you always like to book?
We always do a 1 bdrm--we are a family of four, with older kids now. Food, imo, has never been a strength of Aulani, but especially now that AMA AMA is gone, so we like to cook and have plenty of fridge space for snacks, booze, etc. In order to save on points, we always go with a standard view 1 bdrm, those these book quickly, b/c others have the same idea. :)

We always do a 1-bedroom when we have enough points. It's more comfortable when one of us wants to watch TV or whatever while the other naps or retires early. The kitchen makes breakfasts and snacks easier to manage (we rarely cook lunches or suppers there), but THE LAUNDRY MACHINES are the big feature, enabling us to pack much more lightly and have clean towels as often as we want.

We're dedicated studio dwellers and studios, especially with the new murphy beds, accommodate 3 adults easily. IMO 3 adults in a 1Br is problematic because the 1br still has the pull-out sofa, which is less comfortable that the murphy bed. A conversation might be needed to either have the person using the murphy bed agree to put it back up when not in use, not mind all 3 of you using it as a impromptu couch or have everyone agree to use their sleeping space of their room relaxing space.

It sounds like you'd rather eat out than cook. The only plus I see to a 1br for 3 adults is if you plan to cook meals and wash clothes.

Don’t we get tokens as DVC? Has that changed? (The OP is talking about saving points, so I assume she is DVC)
I didn't know that! Thanks! Front desk for tokens?

Housekeeping stopped by daily to empty trash and resupplied towels without issue daily. That's our biggest concern all the time- towels!

I didn't know that! Thanks! Front desk for tokens?

Housekeeping stopped by daily to empty trash and resupplied towels without issue daily. That's our biggest concern all the time- towels!
Yup - We’ve also gotten them from concierge desk when front desk lines are long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter