Studios at BC?

pongo&perdita

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping to rent points to stay in a studio at BC in June of 2006 for 6 nights. What are the studio's like? I think I remember reading that they have a double bed and a "couch" bed. We have a 10yo DS and an 8yo DD. I usually sleep w/ DD when we are in a hotel room so it will probably be me and DD on the "couch" bed. I'm not sure I can justify the cost of a one bedroom . . . Am I going to be miserable? lol

Studios have a queen sized bed and a double sleeper sofa. Except for OKW. OKW has two queen sized beds. No sofa.

Undercounter refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee pot.

IMO, it could be a little "tight". Can you do it? Sure! I just wouldn't expect to feel like my room was a "deluxe" resort when I am sleeping on a sofa bed.

Would I go to WDW and sleep on a sofa bed? Absolutely!! In a heartbeat!! But, I know what I am getting in for/expecting.

I have also heard that the sofa beds can be uncomfortable for a length of 6 nights. Mousekeeping has some "egg crates" that can go on top of the mattress to help this. But, until DVC gets around to upgrading the sleeper sofas....I don't think they are the best.

I guess my point is this....know what you are getting yourself (and your family) in for, and you will be fine. Renting points for a studio at BCV is MUCH cheaper than renting a room at BC...it really is a great bargain. Just know that the sleeper sofa is just that....a small (and sometimes worn) average sleeper sofa.

Enjoy your trip!!!

:wave:

Beca

Thanks so much for the info. The difference in renting vs. staying in a regular room is $1100. I think I can deal with the sofa for that. What about the BW? Are there studios at the BW and are they the same bed arrangement? Or could I get a cot for one of the kids at BC?

Thanks,
catherine

pongo&perdita said:
Thanks so much for the info. The difference in renting vs. staying in a regular room is $1100. I think I can deal with the sofa for that. What about the BW? Are there studios at the BW and are they the same bed arrangement? Or could I get a cot for one of the kids at BC?

Yes, BWV studios are set up the same way. The only DVC studio with two beds is OKW. There aren't any cots available (I think this helps maintain room occupancy limits).

Enjoy your trip....BCV is my FAVORITE place!!!

Beca

I'm sure you know, but you said BC in your post. The Studios are all part of BCV, not BC itself. BC is the hotel while BCV is the DVC resort.

They share a common lobby. BC facilities are available to BCV guests, but BCV facilities are not available to BC guests (such as the private pool).

The same is true for the BW which is the hotel, and the BWV which is the DVC resort. Only the BWV's have Studios.

If 2 beds are important, give OKW another look. OKW studios have two queen beds (no couch/sleep sofa). Recently, a slide was added to the main pool at OKW and reports from those who have tried it out have all been very positive.
Best wishes-

I slept on the sofa bed and give mother the real bed.

you are so tire from during Disney you could sleep on anything.

that say.

if you are doing the late night stuff at disney - fix the bed before you leave!!!

if you get back tire from the park and still have to fix the bed you will hate it.

I had more problems getting mother off the sofa - than sleeping on it.

If you're counting on getting an egg crate, you might want to call ahead to see if you can get one. I tried to get one at BWV about 6 months ago and was told that they no longer provide them. Since it was just me on the sleeper, I just made it up with sheets and a blanket without pulling it out -- much easier! A 1BR wouldn't really help your situation much, as there is a king-sized bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living area. We were in the same type of situation as you, with a son and a daughter, so we almost always have gotten a 2BR. Makes for a much happier family in our case. :goodvibes

I agree with the suggestion of OKW instead of BCV. You may be very pleasantly surprised... ;)

You might think about bringing an aerobed. I bought one at Wal-mart for 20 bucks and when deflated, it is very portable. It would be a tight squeeze, but if one sleep on the couch and one on a twin aero bed next to the sofa, it might work. I plan on doing this on our next trip to the BWV.

pongo&perdita said:
We have a 10yo DS and an 8yo DD. I usually sleep w/ DD when we are in a hotel room so it will probably be me and DD on the "couch" bed.
I have to ask - why does DS get the bigger, more comfortable bed to himself while you share the sofa bed with DD? I would recommend just the opposite.

poohj80 said:
I have to ask - why does DS get the bigger, more comfortable bed to himself while you share the sofa bed with DD? I would recommend just the opposite.

The OP said "We" have a ds and dd....so, I think dh and ds get the bed, and dw and dd get the sofa.

Beca

Thanks everyone, this was soooo helpful. I think we've decided to bring an air mattress for one of the children. This way, DH & I get the bed!!! I just can't justify the cost of the 2BR right now. Also, I will consider OKW at some point. We just love the idea of walking to Epcot so we want to try BC!

Thanks again.
catherine

The BCV studios seem more quiet to me because the door to the lock off (the one bedroom side) is toward the front of the unit. It cuts down on noise from the one bedroom side.

Now, BCV also has dedicated studios from what I've heard. So if you get a dedicated studio,you won't have a connecting door.

BCV is great. Be careful, you might get the itch to buy into DVC. Good luck and have a good time ;)

As someone else said an aero bed or equivalent would be a good idea. Put one child on the sofa unopened and the other on the air bed. Just remember to bring sheets and a blanket for it. Then you and DH get the regular bed. We have done this many times - got one of those rolling duffle bags with a separate bottom compartment and put the bed and sheets in that section and the child's clothes in the upper part. There will be the extra pillow so you don't need to bring one.

Wouldn't in be great if they simply added a comfortable sofa bed. Maybe they will renovate soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter