Stupid question

snowwite

DIS Veteran
I usually travel with my husband but will be trying a solo trip.
My flight gets in early so my plan is to hang at the resort, get the ECV delivery and then check in and unpack etc.
Since I won’t have a room right away I guess I will park near the main entrance and move later. How do you get luggage to the room if you are in a wheelchair or scooter at. DVC resort? Will bell service help? Will they bring groceries up if I have them delivered? How much do you tip?
thanks

Yes, bell services can help with your luggage. If your room is not realy when you arrive, they can unload it from your car and store it (or if no car, you can leave it with them). If your groceries are delivered and stored as well, they can bring it all to your room at the same time once ready. And yes, you do tip. Generally, it is $2 to $5 per bag, if heavy and larger, on the higher side. If luggage and groceries, I'd tip about $10 if it's one suitcase and a bag or two of groceries. You can call bell services when you get to the room and give them the numbers off of your luggage claim tickets and they will deliver it all to you. If your groceries arrive at a later time, then you can call and ask for them to be delivered, it would be a seperate tip. Bell services does work on tips, they are paid a tip rate. Enjoy your trip!

Yes, bell services can help with your luggage. If your room is not realy when you arrive, they can unload it from your car and store it (or if no car, you can leave it with them). If your groceries are delivered and stored as well, they can bring it all to your room at the same time once ready. And yes, you do tip. Generally, it is $2 to $5 per bag, if heavy and larger, on the higher side. If luggage and groceries, I'd tip about $10 if it's one suitcase and a bag or two of groceries. You can call bell services when you get to the room and give them the numbers off of your luggage claim tickets and they will deliver it all to you. If your groceries arrive at a later time, then you can call and ask for them to be delivered, it would be a seperate tip. Bell services does work on tips, they are paid a tip rate. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you! My husband usually takes care of it. I want to be sure I’m not underpaying anyone because I’m gonna need the help. I was thinking about $20 for both bag and groceries. Thnaks again for the help.

Whatever time you arrive, pull under the porte-cochere and have Bell Serices help unload your luggage; they can then store it for you until your room is available -- they will give you a claim tag. Then go park your car. That way you only need to keep a day bag with you with important things/valuables, and hopefully only park the once.

Once you've parked the car, go check in. Even if you are early. It is possible the room is ready early, but if it is not your checkin is accomplished and you will be set up to receive a notification once your room is ready.

If you have groceries delivered to the hotel and Bell Services delivers them to the room, there is a $6 fee that is charged to your room account. This is in addition to any tip you choose to give.

The norm for tipping is $1-2 per suitcase; groceries get a little more challenging because the bags are smaller. When we have 6 suitcases + several grocery bags I usually tip $20.

Whatever time you arrive, pull under the porte-cochere and have Bell Serices help unload your luggage; they can then store it for you until your room is available -- they will give you a claim tag. Then go park your car. That way you only need to keep a day bag with you with important things/valuables, and hopefully only park the once.

Once you've parked the car, go check in. Even if you are early. It is possible the room is ready early, but if it is not your checkin is accomplished and you will be set up to receive a notification once your room is ready.

If you have groceries delivered to the hotel and Bell Services delivers them to the room, there is a $6 fee that is charged to your room account. This is in addition to any tip you choose to give.

The norm for tipping is $1-2 per suitcase; groceries get a little more challenging because the bags are smaller. When we have 6 suitcases + several grocery bags I usually tip $20.
Thank you

Thank you! My husband usually takes care of it. I want to be sure I’m not underpaying anyone because I’m gonna need the help. I was thinking about $20 for both bag and groceries. Thnaks again for the help.
I think $20 is what I would tip. I always tip over rather than worry/think I undertipped. Have a good trip!

I travel solo, and use an ECV. Once I get my ECV, I just extend the handle and pull the suitcase (rolling style and I think all 4 wheels swivel). When I get in an elevator, I pull it closer to me (so it gets in the door). Having done it about 8-10 times, I find it very easy. For your first time, it may or not be as easy.
I've never had groceries with me, so I don't know how they're handled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter