Sub in Fantasyland?

natalie930

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else noticed that the Submarine Lagoon is now considered part of Fantasyland? When did this happen? Maybe they are getting us ready for it being part of FL since it might be a Little Mermaid/Finding Nemo ride. Where was the old loading area for the subs? Would it be weird if the subs are in FL and the loading area is close to TL? I guess they could just move the queue closer to IASM. :p

Look at it here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=8260700#post8260700

Check out this map from 1980:
http://www.themeparkbrochures.com/maps/1980/dland1980.html
Pretty vague map, but it has the Matterhorn in TL as well. If you think about it, the Matterhorn really doesn't belong in either FL or TL, unless you consider that almost all of the fairy tales are originally from Europe :teeth:
(I would have found a more recent map, but all of the ones I found didn't have the lands color coded.)

The subs were always a Tommorowland attraction, though the lagoon does stick into Fantasyland. The loading/queue area is directly below the monorail station. The Matterhorn has always straddled the two lands, though it is technically a FL ride, it started out as a TL ride.

iceskatejen said:
The subs were always a Tommorowland attraction, though the lagoon does stick into Fantasyland. The loading/queue area is directly below the monorail station. The Matterhorn has always straddled the two lands, though it is technically a FL ride, it started out as a TL ride.

Um, I know that the subs were always a TL attraction, but there are rumors going around about them coming back as a LM/FN ride, which doesn't fit into TL at all. They wouldn't really fit into FL either, but better than TL. I figured the queue area was more towards the TL side, but they could always move it closer to IASM, or just leave it where it is.

And if you look at the map from 1980 in my first post, the Matterhorn isn't really straddling the two lands. It's considered to be a part of TL. Of course the map is really vague and it looks like the Mark Twain is going to run into HM :earboy2: I was just pointing out that the Matterhorn switched lands, so they might do that with the subs too :sad1:

Anyway, I was just trying to open up a discussion about the submarine lagoon, since they just drained it this week. (and the matterhorn is still standing, shutting down all of those urban legends :rotfl: )

We just got back and they were working on that area, but couldn't tell what they were doing.

Yes the Matterhorn used to be considered a Tomorrowland attraction. But it was moved to Fantasyland after the 1983 remodel of Fantasyland.

I agree it might make sense to "move" the subs to Fantasyland with the upcoming Nemo layover, but I am not sure that that will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter