Subaru Forester or Honda CRV?

Almost 2 years ago, we had narrowed down our choice to the 2013 Forester and 2013 CRV. The Forester was just more comfortable, and IMO, it had better windows. The windows were bigger and I could see so much better. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but the CRV windows were more angled and I couldn't see through them as well. Driving the CRV, I felt like I was driving a tank - I couldn't see where I needed to. The CRV did have the camera, which is good, but overall, I felt better control of the vehicle driving the Forester.

Also, I love the back seat fold down feature, which creates more cargo space. Maybe they both have that now? I use it all the time!

Again, we test drove the 2013s and I know models have changed a bit. Test drive them and your choice may become more apparent.

Almost 2 years ago, we had narrowed down our choice to the 2013 Forester and 2013 CRV. The Forester was just more comfortable, and IMO, it had better windows. The windows were bigger and I could see so much better. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but the CRV windows were more angled and I couldn't see through them as well. Driving the CRV, I felt like I was driving a tank - I couldn't see where I needed to. The CRV did have the camera, which is good, but overall, I felt better control of the vehicle driving the Forester.

Also, I love the back seat fold down feature, which creates more cargo space. Maybe they both have that now? I use it all the time!

Again, we test drove the 2013s and I know models have changed a bit. Test drive them and your choice may become more apparent.

I've often wondered with some of the newer vehicle designs if at any point during the design process someone actually sat in it and tried to look out the back. Because some of the new crossover type SUVs are extremely difficult to see out the rear window. Like you stated this was a difference we noticed and one of the reasons we chose the forester.

I miss my 2005 CRV! I leased it as I would tire of cars about every 2 years. We bought out the lease and I kept it for 7 years! When we had our 2nd kid we needed more traveling room so we went with the Odyssey (which I love with the kids!!!) but I loved that CRV! Good luck with you decision. Looks like both are great choices.

Consumer Reports loves both these cars. They are both recommended. Have you test driven each? I'd do that if you haven't. I've made the mistake before of picking a car out on paper, researching everything about it, researching pricing and then lol test driving it and finding out I don't even like the car.

// Off topic side note: I just bought an SUV this year - wanted a late model or new but wanted to stay below the $20,000 price point. I ended up buying a 2014 used Nissan Murano from Enterprise Car Sales. It's front wheel rather than four wheel drive and a basic trim level, but I love it.

A little update. We had a test drive in the 2015 Forester. Haven't had one in the CRV yet but will be doing that soon. We understand the sight lines are far superior in the Forester which is important to us, but DH doesn't like the fact that all Foresters are AWD which he feels we don't need or want for the majority of our driving. Really have appreciated hearing all of your opinions about your vehicles.

A little update. We had a test drive in the 2015 Forester. Haven't had one in the CRV yet but will be doing that soon. We understand the sight lines are far superior in the Forester which is important to us, but DH doesn't like the fact that all Foresters are AWD which he feels we don't need or want for the majority of our driving. Really have appreciated hearing all of your opinions about your vehicles.

Truthfully when we considered the Forester I was skeptical about AWD, we live on the gulf coast of Alabama, hardly ever get snow and when it does the entire state just shuts down. My thought was its just something else to break, but after owning it for a while and having drove it in the rain, so far I like having AWD. DW baja's across fields to get out of busy parking lots. From what I've read its considered to be a very reliable AWD system so it shouldn't give you any trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter