Submitting PoT at time of registration

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
Good morning RunDisney friends,

As I prepare for Tuesday's Princess Weekend registration battle (🥵🫠🤪), I was reading the Proof of Time instructions on the RunDisney website. It says:

• Proof of Time must be submitted at the time of registration. You may change your proof of time until the deadline of October 31, 2023. No changes can be made after October 31, 2023. If data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start group.
So I am also part of a few FB groups and I *always* see folks advising that if you have PoT to submit, to NOT submit it during registration as you lose precious time. This makes me a little nervous--anyone have experience with this? As in, you didn't submit PoT time during registration, were able to successfully add it later and you ended up in the correct corral? I am feeling conflicted on best approach. I am going to attempt to register DH and myself for the half marathon on Tuesday--we both have qualifying PoT races to submit but wondering if I should not add them during registration. I have always submitted the PoT during registration so this would be a first for me if I don't....

Any insight from this amazing group of people would be super appreciated. 💜

As I prepare for Tuesday's Princess Weekend registration battle (🥵🫠🤪), I was reading the Proof of Time instructions on the RunDisney website. It says:

• Proof of Time must be submitted at the time of registration. You may change your proof of time until the deadline of October 31, 2023. No changes can be made after October 31, 2023. If data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start group.
So I am also part of a few FB groups and I *always* see folks advising that if you have PoT to submit, to NOT submit it during registration as you lose precious time. This makes me a little nervous--anyone have experience with this? As in, you didn't submit PoT time during registration, were able to successfully add it later and you ended up in the correct corral? I am feeling conflicted on best approach. I am going to attempt to register DH and myself for the half marathon on Tuesday--we both have qualifying PoT races to submit but wondering if I should not add them during registration. I have always submitted the PoT during registration so this would be a first for me if I don't....

I didn’t enter DH’s POT at the time of registration for MW. I went back and did it a couple of days later. No issues.

I rarely submit my proof of time during registration, and have stopped entirely post-COVID with the increased speed of races selling out. I've never had an issue going back and editing my registration to add the proof of time later.

Ok, thank you everyone! Well, their (RunDisney) instructions are misleading (lol) and made me paranoid! I appreciate the feedback. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter