Submitting proof of time

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
I'm doing the Princess 10k, and then planning on the Dumbo Double Dare in Disneyland. I'm a bit confused about the RunDisney policies for submitting a proof of time. Let me just say that the only reason I'd want to submit a proof of time is to avoid the last corral and maybe have a little more time for some photos during the races.

If I do a local (chip timed) 10k or 15k this fall, and I get a good time, will rD consider that for my corral placement in Princess?

Also, I'm planning to do a half in late spring to get a time for DDD. Are there specific requirements for what type of race it has to be? Is it enough that it's chip timed with results available online or does it need to be certified by a governing body?

Proof of time is not accepted for 10ks (unless things have changed, anyway).

It is enough for it to be a race with results that are available online. Some will say that it must be USTAF certified, but Track Shack has told me (in the past, at least) that this is not necessary.

I didn't see anything on runDisney's site to submit a proof of time for a 10k.
But you do have the option of submitting a local 10k time (assuming your princess one is slower than you'd want since you will be stopping for character photos), rather than an actual half marathon, for your DDD proof of time.

I signed up for the 10k during Disney World marathon weekend. When I signed up I hadn't run a 10k race before, so I selected the slowest pace because I had no idea how fast I could run it. After several months of running I ran a 10k race with a respectable time (for me anyway, about 11 minutes a mile).
I emailed Track Shack to update my proof of time, and they replied with the following:
"Proof of time is not required for the runDisney 5k and 10k races. Runners are asked to submit an anticipated pace per mile.
Per your request below, I have updated you to reflect 11-13 minutes per mile."

So even though proof of time is not required, at least my pace is updated and I'm out of the last corral!

I signed up for the 10k during Disney World marathon weekend. When I signed up I hadn't run a 10k race before, so I selected the slowest pace because I had no idea how fast I could run it. After several months of running I ran a 10k race with a respectable time (for me anyway, about 11 minutes a mile). I emailed Track Shack to update my proof of time, and they replied with the following: "Proof of time is not required for the runDisney 5k and 10k races. Runners are asked to submit an anticipated pace per mile. Per your request below, I have updated you to reflect 11-13 minutes per mile." So even though proof of time is not required, at least my pace is updated and I'm out of the last corral!

Good to know!

I thought a 10K whose results are viewable online (and id certified) IS accepted for a half marathon or 10-miler. It's the FULL or GOOFY or DOPEY that requires at minimum a 10 mile race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter