Success Cancelling Park Hoppers?

foodiddiedoo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been able to successfully cancel their Park Hoppers that might have been included in a free dining package? It states on Disney's website the following:
At this time, Guests will only be able to visit one park per day. If you have a ticket that includes the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, we have several options available to you:

• Ticket Extension: You may use your current date-based ticket by September 26, 2021 with the existing add-on options, should the options return by that date.
  • Ticket Modification: Resort Packages with tickets may be modified or cancelled. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 beginning June 22, or contact your travel professional.
  • Ticket Cancellation: If you do not want to use your ticket, you also have the option of cancelling your ticket or package. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985 beginning June 22, or contact your travel professional.
When I try to modify online it just redirects me back to the "My Plans" page. When I try to call either of those numbers I get an "All circuits are busy" type message or a busy signal.
Was anyone able to actually do this yesterday? For a group of 5 that's another almost 500 dollar savings off a trip.

Yes. Yesterday the CM said he could downgrade all tickets, packages, and resort reservations. He was just unable to add tickets or add anything to the tickets. It took a long time for the phone call to actually connect. I even got through twice and was hung up on before actually connecting with someone. It was only a couple of minutes wait, though, when it did happen.

Yes. Yesterday the CM said he could downgrade all tickets, packages, and resort reservations. He was just unable to add tickets or add anything to the tickets.
When were you able to get through on the phone? Any chance you remember which of those numbers to call?

We're in the same boat, but our trip starts right after Thanksgiving. My gut tells me that PH still won't be allowed then, but we will wait it out longer before we decide what to do. We got our tickets through UT so I'm not sure what the process will look like for us to get the PH portion refunded if need be.

I was able to do it online. The Change button for tickets took me back to My Plans, but the Change button for resort worked. I selected the same resort and same room type, then got a message that a ticket change is required. I then had the option of how many days I wanted my non-hopper ticket to be. I was not only able to remove hoppers, but I also added a day, and it only took a few minutes.

I was able to do it online. The Change button for tickets took me back to My Plans, but the Change button for resort worked. I selected the same resort and same room type, then got a message that a ticket change is required. I then had the option of how many days I wanted my non-hopper ticket to be. I was not only able to remove hoppers, but I also added a day, and it only took a few minutes.
Weird, when I click the button to "Change Reservation" it just takes me back to My Plans.

Our trip isn't until mid-October so I'm waiting a bit to contact Disney to remove our Park Hoppers. We have some time. The phone lines are nuts right now with all of the park reservation system going live and having issues.

Weird, when I click the button to "Change Reservation" it just takes me back to My Plans.
Me too.

Essentially, I think the default rule right now is you have to call to change, and I spoke to two separate CMs who were adamant that you can only remove PH, not add days. However, there seem to be a handful of people that have been able to add days. I suspect that is just poor CM training and/or glitchy technology.

The CM I just spoke with was not able to downgrade my ticket to base tickets without booking me in a new resort. She was also not able to book a new resort for me at this time, so basically nothing was accomplished, haha. She suggested that it may be possible my ticket isn't able to be downgraded because of the 35% recovery discount.

The CM I just spoke with was not able to downgrade my ticket to base tickets without booking me in a new resort. She was also not able to book a new resort for me at this time, so basically nothing was accomplished, haha. She suggested that it may be possible my ticket isn't able to be downgraded because of the 35% recovery discount.
That's disheartening based upon my estimated 2 hour hold time ;).

We are not in this situation, as we bought base tickets for our August trip anticipating hopping wouldn't be allowed right away. However, I feel that hopping in some capacity will come back fairly quickly if the initial opening phase goes well. My gut is telling me first it will reopen for AP's and then for park hopper passes. If I had a PH ticket and reservations for later this year (September and onward) I probably would hang onto it if I thought it was a feature I was going to take advantage of if available. If hopping is not available by then, I would then have the feature removed. At this point, it is pure speculation when/if/how PH will work in the future.

Our trip isn't until mid-October so I'm waiting a bit to contact Disney to remove our Park Hoppers. We have some time. The phone lines are nuts right now with all of the park reservation system going live and having issues.
Me too I am afraid to touch anything in fear of my park reservations disappearing. lol.

When is your trip? I would love to be able to do this. The option appeared for me last night while using Safari but can't find it anywhere today.

I did just get through on phone lines after trying multiple numbers with "call failed" or "busy circuits". 407-566-4985 worked, on hold now with music etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter