Suggestion for non-park dinner or experience with 5 year old

GirlfromTN

DIS Veteran
I'm taking my son (age 5) on a mommy and me trip to WDW next April and trying to figure out evening plans for our last day. We won't be visiting a park (since we will be doing the runDisney kids race that morning), so thinking of either doing a fireworks cruise or dinner somewhere fun that night. What would the best option be for a 5 year old?

My kids liked ‘Ohana when they were young. It’s quickly served with lots of choices and the coconut races are fun.

Go to fort wilderness for the chip and dale campfire sing along... they have a QS food truck called chuck wagon where you can get burgers and nuggets..and smores kits.. then after the sing along stay for the movies under the stars.. watch the electrical parade go by on the lagoon.. and it sounds like a pretty awesome night.. no tix, no ADRs, and the sing along, the movie, and watching the parade are all free!!!

While dancing on stage at Raglan Road sounds like a ton of fun (I love that place), not all kids are into that sort of thing. I know at the age of 5 there's no way my son would participate. He didnt even really enjoy watching the dancers perforrm. He did however loooove TRex. Anyway, i second the suggestion to go to Fort Wilderness for the Chip & Dale campfire singalong. Its free, but most importantly, its a ton of fun and a different experience.

I'm taking my son (age 5) on a mommy and me trip to WDW next April and trying to figure out evening plans for our last day. We won't be visiting a park (since we will be doing the runDisney kids race that morning), so thinking of either doing a fireworks cruise or dinner somewhere fun that night. What would the best option be for a 5 year old?
T-Rex could be a cool restaurant for a 5 year-old, especially the ice cave. Fantasia mini-golf is a nice evening activity, btw.

I would consider doing the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise out of CR.

We also love Ft. W. I would look into doing Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

Fort Wilderness is fun to explore. Pirates and Pals cruise looks so cute but we haven't tried it yet. All kids are different, but my 4-year old who will turn 5 before our next trip is still into dress up and very imaginative so I am going to take him for the knight makeover at Disney Springs BBB before dinner at Artist Point.

While dancing on stage at Raglan Road sounds like a ton of fun (I love that place), not all kids are into that sort of thing. I know at the age of 5 there's no way my son would participate. He didnt even really enjoy watching the dancers perforrm. He did however loooove TRex. Anyway, i second the suggestion to go to Fort Wilderness for the Chip & Dale campfire singalong. Its free, but most importantly, its a ton of fun and a different experience.

I have to second the Raglan Road comment - our kids were 5 and 9 at the time and had no desire to go on stage ( which kind of surprised me because my DD (9 at time) is a big ham !

Fort Wilderness and hoop Dee Doo. The show is super fun, it's all you can eat including beer/wine/sangria and (IMHO) worth every penny. We brought the kids over to FW a little early and they played on the playground for a while before we checked in for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter