Suggestion for those who may rent a wheelchair

headoflife

Mouseketeer
Just a convenient and money saving idea for those of you who are considering renting a wheelchair at WDW. We are travelling with my mom who is able to walk, but only short distances due to her severe arthritis. We had planned to rent a chair in the parks, and request assistance at the airports. I contacted a "lending closet" for medical supplies run by my town's nursing association, and they have lent me a brand new transport chair at no charge. They also had regualr wheelchairs, but suggested this one, as it is lighter and my mom won't need to roll herself. Hope this helps somebody!

That is interesting. I have never heard of anyone doing that, but that might be a good option for some people.

We are in Illinois and villages/cities here also lend out wheelchairs. I believe they are free or at least low cost. I know of 2 towns that are free.

They just don't advertise it.

Call your village/city hall for more info.

Can't hurt to ask right!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter