Suggestion on Christmas at Disneyland

arlinar

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

My family is currently planning to visit Disneyland this Christmas. Our travel agent gave us a quote with 3 day-1 park a day tickets. I was wondering if its suggested to have that extra day to go to back to Magic Kingdom due to the possible crowd on Christmas day.We will have a 3 year old with us so thats what I'm taking into consideration.

Thank you everyone!

Hi Everyone,

My family is currently planning to visit Disneyland this Christmas. Our travel agent gave us a quote with 3 day-1 park a day tickets. I was wondering if its suggested to have that extra day to go to back to Magic Kingdom due to the possible crowd on Christmas day.We will have a 3 year old with us so thats what I'm taking into consideration.

Thank you everyone!
If you read the threads the past few days about park volumes, you'll know it's an extremely busy time.

If I were your TA, I'd recommend "Hopper" tickets for this time. It will provide you with the option to move from park to park during a busy day.
If you begin with a 3-day hopper and feel you would like a 4th day to wrap up the trip, you can add a day to your tickets. Providing you do this before the end of the last day of the ticket.

Going with Hopper Tickets will come with an added cost, but I feel it will make your trip smoother.

Geemo

I agree with Geemo, get hoppers! If Disneyland closes due to capacity you can at least head over to DCA!

Price out your own tickets from a discount site (search our forum on the DIS for sites, LMT has been best lately, search up a free membership code, login and see ticket prices). Price out your own hotel. Might save a nice chunk of change, TAs are not necessary for Disneyland trips and unless your TA is very informed about DLR honestly you'll get better advice here. I'd go park hoppers with the extra day, it's gonna be very crowded and knowing you have that extra day can really make a trip more relaxing, especially since your 3yo might need breaks each afternoon.

Price out your own tickets from a discount site (search our forum on the DIS for sites, LMT has been best lately, search up a free membership code, login and see ticket prices). Price out your own hotel. Might save a nice chunk of change, TAs are not necessary for Disneyland trips and unless your TA is very informed about DLR honestly you'll get better advice here. I'd go park hoppers with the extra day, it's gonna be very crowded and knowing you have that extra day can really make a trip more relaxing, especially since your 3yo might need breaks each afternoon.

agree.gif

Getting an idea of trip expenses from a TA is fine.
Not all TA's have the expertise you'll find here.

Member's have found ways to enjoy DLR on all budget levels!
We're here to help!

If you choose to book on your own...
The rule for off-site hotels is the earlier you book the lower the nightly rate.
Many have their booking calendars open for Dec 2018 right now.
2018-01-03 005.JPG 2018-01-03 003.JPG 2018-01-03 004.JPG

Geemo

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter