Suggestions for Boathouse ?!

allaboard

Mouseketeer
We are starting off our WDW trip next week with an evening at Disney Springs and a reservation at The Boathouse! It looks great and I can't wait. Any favorites on the menu from anyone? With a family of 5 we can try several dishes !! Right now 3 of us are thinking of : fish tacos, crab cake, and the wild caught clam strips .... If anyone has a suggestion, we would love it ! Also, my girls want Sprinkles cupcakes for dessert. Of course.

Nothing to add, but just had to say we are starting OUR vacation off with Boathouse, too (19 days) and I am so torn! Everything looks so good!! So, I am following along :)

I had the steak sandwich, which was truly delicious - once they re-made it without the sauce. There was no hint on the menu that the sauce is hot, and I mean HOT. They had to bring some milk out to help my burning mouth. I am probably a wimp when it comes to heat in food, but just a word of warning for other wimps like me :-)

Next time we went I had one of the fish buckets, another delicious choice. Can't wait to go back in December.

What about everyone ordering something different and then all
split it with everyone? It's a great way to try a little of everything.

Everything I've tried has been great. The tuna poke and filet sliders are two of my favorites. I've had the fish tacos and those were great as welll.

We are starting off our WDW trip next week with an evening at Disney Springs and a reservation at The Boathouse! It looks great and I can't wait. Any favorites on the menu from anyone? With a family of 5 we can try several dishes !! Right now 3 of us are thinking of : fish tacos, crab cake, and the wild caught clam strips .... If anyone has a suggestion, we would love it ! Also, my girls want Sprinkles cupcakes for dessert. Of course.

How fun!! We are starting our vacation here, too!! We've never been - just read lots about it. :-)

We were a party of 4: 2 adults and 2 kids aged 11 and 8. The 11 y/o is pretty adventurous when it comes to food but the 8 y/o less so.

We started with an order of baked oysters, fried calamari w/ a hoisin chili sauce and a garden salad. All the starters were fresh and tasty with the exception of the calamari. In truth the dish was nicely chewy but we were not fans of the hoisin chili sauce. T wasn't the heat but the overly sugared flavour that turned us off.

Our main courses were a Porterhouse steak with a side of salted potatoes for the adults, a cheeseburger and fries from the childrens' menu for the boy and fish tacos for the young lady.

The steak was too large for me to finish my portion so into a doggie bag it went. Since a stop at Sprinkle's for dessert was dangling over their heads, all the kiddos food was eaten with little complaint even though the young lady requested the avocado be placed on the side but it was mixed into the tacos anyway.
Oh and I suspect our waiter was still in training as he also confused a Campari and soda w/ a wedge of lemon for a Fanta with a wedge of lemon:ssst:.
The man's vodka martini was just the way he likes it with no artificial coloured soda added to the mix:teeth:.

All, in all a lovely meal and we'll be back next trip!

DH and I were there in April. We split a lobster bisque and a large chopped salad for appetizers - both very yummy. My main meal was shrimp and grits. It was delicious. The andouille sausage in it was on the spicy side though. DH got the cedar planked salmon. He was not as happy with his meal. At first he thought the salmon wasn't cooked enough due to its color. The waiter had the chef check it; chef said it was fine. DH ate it, but I think he was a little worried about it. In addition, it was a very small piece of fish, so DH (6'5") left a bit hungry.

The pimento cheese appetizer was great.

I also love the Lobster Roll.

Blueberry Lemonade drink is yummy!

I have never had pimento cheese, so I have been eyeing that up. How is portion size? Can it be split between 4 people who have been traveling since 3am, or should I plan on 2 appetizers?

I'm so jealous! It was Boathouse or Homecomin' for us. DD is super picky, so we're going to the latter. (But I really wanted to try Boathouse.) Be sure you eat enough for me, too!

Though both are only appetizers, the wedge salad is quite good (ask for extra bleu cheese on the side) and large, and I've twice had the beef carpaccio which is divine. Perfect blend of the meat with capers, drizzled olive oil, black pepper, and garlic crostinis. Highly recommend both.

The filet is delicious. I have heard the filet mignon sliders are excellent but I have not tried them.

Best burger of my life was at the boathouse! Bbq cheese burger i think. It has the pimento cheese they serve as an appetizer on the burger and it was just amazing!

My only suggestion would be - don't order the swordfish! Our son ordered the swordfish and the portion was horribly small. At first we thought that they had given us an "appetizer" portion instead of a dinner. He is not a big eater but after dinner he stopped at one of the food trucks for more food.

My only suggestion would be - don't order the swordfish! Our son ordered the swordfish and the portion was horribly small. At first we thought that they had given us an "appetizer" portion instead of a dinner. He is not a big eater but after dinner he stopped at one of the food trucks for more food.
Same thing with the salmon! It was such a small piece and was served with 2 green beans and some frizzy lettuce. DH left hungry. I, however, was stuffed by the shrimp & grits...couldn't finish it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter