• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions for fanny pack alternative?

i ordered the abc bags yesterday and it did not even bill me? do i pay when they come in?

I've never ordered from that company so I cant really help. Another poster said their reputation isnt the greatest. I would think if they havent billed you you could try cancelling it? Maybe someone who's bought fomr them can give you more. Hopefully, it will be fine - I would love to hear what you think of the bags. Good luck.

Va.

Thanks for the info - I had never heard of ABC but figured it was fine. But, did end up waiting to order because I thought it was odd that they wont tell you the shipping charges util AFTER you order? :confused3 Glad I waited...wont do it now.

But the Ebay Baggellini arrived - it looks SUPER. And it has tons of pockets, inlcuding one that is agaist your back - so great for safety/money.

Thanks again!

I havent seen a Baggelini but everyone os talking about them. Do you have a picture?

I had a lot of luck using a small crocheted purse instead of a fanny pack. It holds approximately the same amount of stuff, but has a long strap that goes across your body. It's not a messenger bag (much smaller than that) but is worn across the body the same way. I got a surprising amount of stuff in mine! Plus, it's a more attractive alternative to a fanny pack.

(BTW, I got mine at Target. It was only about $10!)

I have one of these, too, that I bought at a dept store. Used it in San Francisco and it was grreat. Only drawback, couldn't fit my dig camera in it.

There are so many people wearing fanny packs at WDW that I don't really about how I look in one. I NEVER would have considered wearing one ever until I saw how many people wear them there and I was wishing I had one instead of my backpack. I bought a nice fanny pack at Wilsons before Christmas (DH asked for a wallet and accessories were B1G1 1/2 off, so it was only $12!). Hopefully it will work well for our trip!

We used a Mickey drawstring bag we got in the gift shop. It worked great. I even used it when we went to NC last summer. I will use it again when we go back to WDW in Dec.

I am getting the Vera Bradley hipster(she has new patterns that won me back) and these are the Lightest bags I have ever used. They are like nothing. The hipster is pretty cute too! (I think around $50) But they also have a bunch of other sized ones- I just thought that size was a perfect extra disney size(I too have the backpack wearing dh! thank God for them!)
Oh and on the FANNY PACK did anyone notice that the Cowboys were wearing Fanny Packs during the game*at least I think it was the cowboys.... DH says they were hand warmers but I saw fanny pack!!!

After reading on another thread about how great this bag was, I broke down and purchased it:

http://www.ebags.com/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=endecasearch&n=0&Ntt=jansport+daypack

I used the MouseSavers code (I'm not sure it it would override the current sale price) and registered for a new checkout service (sorry - I cannot remember what it was, google checkout?, although it's been all over the tips and budget boards) and saved an additional $10.00.

I know that I didn't want a backpack, but I thought I'd give this a try. It's extremely lightweight empty, a bug bonus. It also has a small handle on the top which I can use to carry it, rather than on my back.

I gave it a test run last week when I brought my kids down to DC to see the cherry blossoms. I packed in it what I would bring for a day at the parks and it worked well. It has a zip pocket on the back that was perfect for my camera, extra batteries & card, an inside zip pocket that held my small wallet, and plenty of space for the other misc. items I needed.

The verdict? I loved it. It has an elastic drawstring that was very nice; if I needed to get into the bag quickly I didn't have to loosen it if I didn't want to. The small handle on top was just the right size for me to get my hand into to carry, although I would've liked it to be a bit bigger. I also removed the mirror on the flap - I cannot figure out why it's there. The only thing I wished it had was a pocket for my cell phone. It was nice having the backpack straps so I could throw them over the stroller handles.

Some of the other hip bags looked very cute and fun, but they were way out of my price range. So, this bag looks like the winner for me. Has anyone else purchased it?

You really should check out this website: lacintura DOT com ~ for some seriously cool fanny pack alternatives. high quality 100% leather and leather combinations that you can not only wear like a fanny pack but also a shoulder bag and messenger bag as they expand from 14-48 inches. Much better for your back and shoulders! You can dress 'em up or dress 'em down as you like. they are hand-made limited edition pieces that you'll LOVE having at Disney or wherever else you want your hands free and your belongings safe. I've been wearing them for years now and have done just about everything- travel, horseback riding,motorcycling,roller coasters, out for elegant meals, charity events- it's the purse that has lasted me the longest and the most used in my closet. they're a tad pricey but not as bad as the Gucci bag and they sit better on your hip (i swear they make my hips look smaller! who ever saw a fanny pack do THAT?) and for me they've been worth every penny.

Someone posted a link to these VERY inexpensive bags last night and I am ordering some ASAP!

http://www.abcdistributing.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg.asp?P=9&G=421

I have a congenital back disorder and cant carry too much either. Waist packs actually pulled too much on my back. I started carrying the waist pack like a purse or across my body and that felt better. I think changing positions a lot was good - but that going across the back like that helped to distribute the weight. The nice thing about these is they are cheap (not out much $ and if you do like it can always upgrade later..) and not too big (so you cant be tempted to overload it..) (I also got a baggellini dirt cheap on Ebay..but think my DH will carry that more - or I will pack VERY lightly.) GOod luck!!!

I have them, and they suck, the snap doesnt stay closed, and its not such a good deal after the s&h , dont waste your money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter