• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions for one more TS meal?

jayhjay

DIS Veteran
This never happens to me, but I am stuck on our last TS meal. It needs to be out of the parks. And be a place with enough variety to accommodate 9 (including kids). And ideally have a basic chicken or pasta dish for the pickier eaters. We aren't looking for a character meal as the kids aren't the right age. We could consider signature, but given that one family will be paying for all of us I am trying not to pick things that are too pricey.

We already have Plaza, Kona, Jiko, Artist Point, and Chefs de France.

I am giving some thought to Il Mulina, Kouzzina, and Beaches and Cream assuming we could get in with so many. Maybe DTD, although Fultons is out b/c we have few seafood eaters (fish is ok though).

Any suggestions? This is so weird for me b/c I usually have too many options when it just my immediate family, but planning with a group makes it harder b/c of all the players. TIA! :goodvibes

Wow ... 9 ??

I thought it was hard to please my group of FIVE...and I had (at last visit) PICKY, Somewhat Picky and "Decided to be vegatarian that year"... :lmao:

I never really recommend Buffets...but think in your situation you might look into that...

We've eaten at Cape May 4x... I find it much like the Hollywood & Vine (but with seafood) that so many folks complain about... ( in DHS)

However in both cases... Neither BLEW us away as spectacular...but I left Both feeling as though EVERYONE found something to enjoy and we got our money's worth....

Not sure about Il Mulina and Kouzzina with picky eaters...

Beaches & Cream... I've eaten at. I don't think it's on the dining plan. Maybe that has changed.

But I've stayed at BC/BCV the last 4 times and the place is Usually VERY Crowded... tables are SMALL... (it's like an ice cream parlor).

Last visit... DS had hamburger... I had the Roast Beef Sandwich. My sandwich was Good... but DS got sick later.... It's a cute place but not a destination (in my opinion) but neither is Cape May.

I just think a buffet may be an option for everyone to find something they like...

Hope you have a great visit !

Mary

We loved Kouzzina on our last trip. My kids are very picky. They got the grilled chicken breast on the kids menu and it was a hit. Lightly seasoned and very moist, served with sweet potato fries (I'm sure you can substitute something else). They have a grilled steak for adults that can I got without the sauce and it was delicious. They have great wines and desserts too.

I was going to suggest Cape May. We went there with a group of 14 and they were able to seat us all together. It was nice that we didn't have to wait for everyone to look over the menu and order and wait for the food to be served - much quicker for the kids in our party to get their food quickly. We've found the food to be pretty good and would go back.

Another option might be Whispering Canyon - they have pretty basic food. We haven't had dinner there, but breakfast and lunch were good. The Wave at the CR gets pretty good reviews also and that would be a good excuse to visit that resort.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice so far. I am not sure how people will feel about buffet. I wouldn't rule it out but unfortunately I don't think Cape May is an option. I know there is a big variety but we have some definite no seafood eaters who I think would be very unhappy with a seafood destination (and they are the trip "financial sponsors" ;) so I need to be especially considerate of their feelings).

I loved Raglan and would definitely consider that. I wonder if the menu is diverse enough. Kouzzina is definitely on our short list as is Il mulino. I agree about B&C being small and crowded. I think that is more of a "luck into it" type place than something to plan for. I am not sure about WCC. I don't know if my MIL/FIL will go for the "antics". We are also eating at Artist Point later in the week so not sure about two trips to WL.

I am definitely considering Wolfgang Pucks too. We will probably eat at WPE at some point. Are they very similar? Too much Wolfgang Puck in one week?

I am definitely considering Wolfgang Pucks too. We will probably eat at WPE at some point. Are they very similar? Too much Wolfgang Puck in one week?

hmmm could be.... we'll have to check the menu's. I usually eat at the cafe (TS) so we dont bother visiting the Express (CS). I plan on doing it this trip tho :goodvibes

I just LOVE his food, and the restaurant is so pretty. I esp LOVE the tiled wall that houses the "oven" up front when you come in. The atmosphere is fun!

Kouzzina looks good if there is enough to satisfy your picky eaters. A few other suggestions..

Kona Cafe at the Poly
Captains Grill at Beach Club
Wave at Contemporary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter