• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

suggestions for our honeymoon this august

vavalynn2

<font color=teal>Live in the Golden Snowball regio
Looking for any suggestions.... my fiancee and I will be going on our honeymoon this August in the Orlando area.

This is what is planned so far....
Reservations for Portofino Bay, then headed out to the Sheraton in Clearwater for some beach stuff and then returning for a few nights at the Hyatt Grand Cypress.

My fiancee and I went to the Magic Kingdom and MGM this past February with family and stayed off site.

So far, we have dinner reservations one night at the Califonia grill. Where else is a must? Also, we will go down with park hopper passes and were thinking about one morning doing epcot and then another park? We have never been to Animal Kingdom, and I went to Epcot over 10 years ago. What are must dos at these parks? Should I make reservations for anything else. I have never dined at a resort and went to the living seas? a long time ago. Anything else in the area to be sure to check out?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

:D

<b>Welcome to the Adults/Solo Board</b>. You'll get some great advice here. I think Illuminations at Epcot is a must-do if you are at the park in the evening. At the AK, I'd suggest the Safari (morning is best time for this), Lion King Show, and my favorite-It's Tough To Be a Bug. If you want some more resort fine dining, try the Grand Floridian. Citrico is great and for a truly memorable evening, there's Victoria and Albert's. I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon in August.

Illuminations is not to be missed. I could watch it several times per trip. We bought a CD of the music and love listening to it at home and remembering.

We really enjoyed Artist's Point. Allow time before and after to soak up the atmosphere and lounge in the lobby. Very relaxing.

Weddings are stressful. :p Consider booking a massage at one of the spas. :smooth:

A spa date has already been set at the Portofino.

I think we are going to spend the am at the AK and the afternoon and evening at Epcot. I have heard such great things about Illuminations we will have to see it. We are still torn about where to try and get reservations at for dinner that night. Most people seem to like the French and British resturants.

The other thing we will add to our itineraries is dinner at artists point. We have heard such great things about it and after reading the menu know that it sounds great!

Again, thanks for all of your help. There is just too much to choose from!! We will do what we can, but also take time to relax too.

We cant wait!!

think about one night in the Polyn (if you can) - then watch the fireworks over Cindy's castle - then watch the Electric Water Pagen - then walk along the beach - it is lite by torches - after everyone else is gone - they have hammocks.

are you going to be doing US/IOA since you are staying at one of their hotels? then I think City Walk can be a lot of fun.

Your walk is pretty romantic - so try the walk to the parks.

also the Hyatt is a very lovely hotel - there is stuff to do or don't know here.

On our honeymoon, we also grabbed a hammock on the beach at the Polynesian. Very romantic with the torchlight.

And the comments about dining in Epcot had to make me laugh. At the time, my DW was a picky eater and we though surely she'd find something to eat given all the countries to choose from. So after a long walk checking menus, we waited for a table at the cafe in France. We sat down and looked at the menu. Just as the waiter was coming over, I could tell my DW wasn't happy with her choices so we got up and left. With a world of choices at our fingertips, guess what we ate? Cheeseburgers at the America pavillion! :p I still give her a hard time about that.

She is much better about such things now and we love the Tepanyaki Dining in Japan. Also, there is supposed to be a great lounge in Japan that offers an unobstructed view of Illuminations, but I have not personally experienced it.

We spent our honeymoon in Disney last year, and I'm thrilled to say that my husband is now a big Disney fan! We're heading back in a few weeks to enjoy our second honeymoon.

We stayed at WL and Artist Point was our favorite place to eat. We also liked California Grill (but not as much as AP) - be sure to make PS right before fireworks at MK. It is really amazing!

We enjoyed eating at Alfredo's at EPCOT, and then my DH talked his way into priority viewing for Illuminations. There's a spot right outside Alfredo's and my DH explained to the CM that he wanted to give me a special treat for our honeymoon. She winked and let us in! I think the bride and groom ears probably helped a little too. We were hesitant to wear them at first, but the rewards were worth it!

This time we're planning on a dinner at Yachtsmen Steakhouse and then strolling the beach and Boardwalk since we've never been there. I think it should be romantic. Just a thought.

Have a blast!

thanks for your input. we have made reservations at california grill, artists point and the flying fish. we also heard about pins you can wear instead of the ear hats. i just cant imagine wearing something like that on space mountain. we are very much looking forward to the trip, and getting married for that matter!!

thanks again!

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. My suggestion for AK are Lion King, Safari, Kari River Rapids (bring rain gear if you don't want to get wet), Tough to be a Bug and Dinosaur. Then head on over to Epcot. The second best rest. on Disney property is Le Cellier in Canada. I love this place and the food is great. Make ressie's for 7:15/7:30 ish and walk out around 8:30, stay in that area and watch Illuminations. You'll have a very memorable day.
Grand Cypress is beautiful. Best of luck.

Many years ago, hubby and I had a late seating at the Italian place at Epcot. It must have been during Illuminations (we'd already seen it on an earlier night.) When we left the restaurant, everything was closed up except for the piped in music. It was very romantic walking around Epcot with absolutely NO ONE there, just the lights and music. AFter you have kids, you'll be stuck with those early seatings, so take advantage of late dinners while you can!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter