• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

suggestions for servers on Wonder

ShelleyLynn

Mouseketeer
We will be on the Wonder soon and would like recommendations for a great service team in the MDR. We are a family of 4, DH, myself, DD9 and DD12. We are easy going and like a fun waitstaff that is not formal or stuffy. We are not picky eaters or make any sort of specific requests. Thanks!

We will be on the Wonder soon and would like recommendations for a great service team in the MDR. We are a family of 4, DH, myself, DD9 and DD12. We are easy going and like a fun waitstaff that is not formal or stuffy. We are not picky eaters or make any sort of specific requests. Thanks!

We haven't been on the Wonder for a while, so can't answer you question.

But if I may just add some comments, we have found in many cruises that the experience is what we expect it to be, and that includes the waiters. We have ALWAYS had a fantastic team, but perhaps it is because we treat them with respect, we are willing to eat anything on the menu, don't burden them with special requests, and take time to tell them we (genuinely) appreciate each meal. And it sound like you're coming from about the same direction...so, I suspect you will have an absolute blast no matter who your team is! And it sounds like your kids are just the right age to bring out the best in them...

I'm not sure if they will be on board when you are sailing, but Putu (I think from Indonesia) is awesome. We also liked Mindagaus Saldis (Minda) and Tumi Saroka. For Palo, my friend Mladen never disappoints!

We loved Gerda & Januar...they were amazing especially with my kids. My boys cried for Gerda when we left, they just loved her.

I was on the Wonder in March. Our servers were Nenod and Melanie. They were excellent and very good with my five-year-old niece. They treated her like a Princess.

I was on the Wonder in March. Our servers were Nenod and Melanie. They were excellent and very good with my five-year-old niece. They treated her like a Princess.

We had Nenod on the magic when he was an assistant server, he got promoted and requested him on the Magic when we learned he is on the Wonder. He is FANTASTIC!

Quinten and Putra were our servers on the Wonder in January and they were AWESOME! They were so good with our boys and would do little things to make them feel special. They made such an impression that our first night home as we were eating dinner (sadly because we were back home and not on the Wonder) both boys looked at us and said "I wish Quinten and Putra were here".

I'm not sure if they will be on board when you are sailing, but Putu (I think from Indonesia) is awesome. We also liked Mindagaus Saldis (Minda) and Tumi Saroka. For Palo, my friend Mladen never disappoints!

Maybe there is another Putu from Indonesia, but Putu Widiantara is mostly on the Magic. He was on the Fantasy for a short time after returning from his vacation, but is transferring back to the Magic after dry dock. Banjo is one who has been on the Wonder since the beginning. I don't know if he is currently there or on vacation, but he and Putu are equally fantastic.

We loved Gerda & Januar...they were amazing especially with my kids. My boys cried for Gerda when we left, they just loved her.

We had Januar when we were on the Wonder in May 2012 and he was fantastic! I think he often trains the new assistant servers (Gerda wasn't ours - I forgot his name - oops!). Fantastic servers though!

We had Michael as a stateroom host and he was absolutely amazing - I didn't know you could request a certain service team - nice to know :)

we liked Sayid from Istanbul and Banjo.

Our past 2 cruises on the Wonder, we had Yusef and either Svetlana or Gonzcalo as the assistant. Also, three out of the past 4 cruises we has Deniz as the head server /maître de (sp), and all except Svetlana were from Turkey I believe.
They were all awesome, fun, friendly, etc. hope your staff you get are equally as amazing.

You can request your servers? Ours were fantastic last month, Lito and Beata, but I would think most all of them would be equally fantastic.

We had Putu in August and he was great. We had requested Jorge Caballero from Columbia as we have had him several times and love him. He was our assistant server because he was having back problems and Putu was our server. I can't remember where he was from though. Bonieface is fabulous as well!! We have had Salomie Gallimore several times but she has been since promoted to Head Server.

You can request your servers? Ours were fantastic last month, Lito and Beata, but I would think most all of them would be equally fantastic.

Yes, you can request servers. Just call DCL and have the request placed on your reservation. Be aware, if you have more than one request (server AND asst server, for example) it's possible that they may not be working as team any longer, and DCL won't know which is more important to you, and will probably not give you either. Just ask for one.

Our past 2 cruises on the Wonder, we had Yusef and either Svetlana or Gonzcalo as the assistant. Also, three out of the past 4 cruises we has Deniz as the head server /maître de (sp), and all except Svetlana were from Turkey I believe.
They were all awesome, fun, friendly, etc. hope your staff you get are equally as amazing.

Yusef has become a wonderful friend of mine. He is such a sweet man! We were so sad that he was on vacation on our last cruises.

There must be another Putu on the Wonder then because I know Putu W was on the Fantasy. :)

We had Putu W on our Med cruise in 2010
30kx07k.jpg

Off the Wonder this morning..we had Charlie from Phillipines and Ashton from Scottland. Ashton just started a couple weeks ago and he is amazing! I loved them both and would highly recommend them. Miss them already :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter