Suggestions for Snack exclusively, DLR snacks!

mt mommy

Mouseketeer
I will be there this week. (YAY!) Needing suggestions for Disney type snacks or candy to bring back for my kids teachers????

I remember buying the Chip and Dale cheese crackers, (Like Goldfish crackers), but they really weren't that tasty.....

Anyone have and candy/snack ideas to take home that are actually pretty yummy???

THanks in ADVANCE!!:thumbsup2

I usually buy bags of the Mickey ears chocolate dipped pretzels. I believe I have had the milk chocolate and white chocolate and they are pretty good! There are lots of choices back in the Pooh Corner store in Critter Country. And since you are back there, you might as well get a Tigger Tail. :). Actually my personal favorite is the marshmallows on a stick, dipped in caramel, rolled in peanuts and them dipped in chocolate.....but I can't remember what they are called!

My Dad really enjoyed the coffee I brought back from DL on my last trip. Also some chocolate covered malt balls were amazing. I also really enjoyed the Disney "Altoids." The tins are so cute!

I usually buy bags of the Mickey ears chocolate dipped pretzels. I believe I have had the milk chocolate and white chocolate and they are pretty good! There are lots of choices back in the Pooh Corner store in Critter Country. And since you are back there, you might as well get a Tigger Tail. :). Actually my personal favorite is the marshmallows on a stick, dipped in caramel, rolled in peanuts and them dipped in chocolate.....but I can't remember what they are called!

I love the idea of the pretzels!! I love them too!! I haven't ever tried a tigger tail, only because I'm not a marshmallow fan, but I bet my kids would love them!! Thanks for the suggestions!! :)

These are so cute!! Where in DLR are they? THanks so much for the ideas!!

Candy shop on Main Street or Buena Vista Street, Pooh's Corner candy shop, Marceline's. I've seen them also in the World of Disney store in DtD. I think they're probably also in some of the smaller stores in the parks that have pre-packaged souvenir candy.

How about a Mickey head rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate? They come on a stick and wrapped in plastic for easy travel.

The candy shops have these cute movie theater style candy boxes. Nancy Johnson on the Dis did a blog about them a while back. Our family has tried a few of the different types and enjoyed them.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/04/19/new-disney-treats-in-playful-boxes-are-a-big-hit/
So cool ~ :thumbsup2

rowan1813 How about a Mickey head rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate? They come on a stick and wrapped in plastic for easy travel.

That is what I was going to suggest too. I love those!

I love Disney fudge! I always pickup some of my favorite peanut butter-chocolate at the Candy Palace on Main Street. They have tons of great stuff. So does Marceline's in DTD.

Last time I was there I also saw some pretty Princess cookies. They had hard icing with basically a portrait of the princess done in the icing. But not made of frosting, just kind of printed on the frosting, if that makes sense. I have no idea if they are any good or not, but they were really cute! I also love the Mickey rice crispies.

The only thing I wouldn't suggest is those gorgeous lollypops. They just aren't very sturdy, and tend to break on the way home :(

How about a Mickey head rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate? They come on a stick and wrapped in plastic for easy travel.

they really do travel well. I brought a bunch back from WDW this past June. And, they were a real hit!

I found mickey head-shaped red licorice bits on Buena Vista Street which were something I hadn't seen before but they're so cute! Think of Twizzler bites or Nibs but in the shape of Mickey's head. Not something you can get just anywhere...I've not seen them in any of the other candy stores across the resort nor in the confectionery in Downtown Disney so a gem for sure!

I like the coconut mickey heads dipped in dark chocolate. My sis likes the shortbread dipped in chocolate or plain. We always stop at Marceline's in DTD for our treats to take home. I don't buy just because it's cute or disney - it has to taste good too! :)

We used to get the chocolate coins in a bag - pirate booty - but they don't always travel well and we don't care for them as much as we used to.

We love candy!! I'm sure whatever you get will be much appreciated! Last month one of my students brought me a bag of goods from Hershey PA. :goodvibes
Honestly I don't expect my students to ever bring me anything, so even a seashell from a beach vacation means a lot to me.

I remember another teacher getting a Disney magnet from a student once, they still use it on their whiteboard. We also love pens and pencils. We tend to be office/school supply nerds. So if you can't find a candy you want to buy there are plenty of other options.

firefly87 said:

Ok- I love me some Tigger Tails. But those chocolate dipped peanut things sound even better! Sadly, the Tigger Tails just aren't as good as they used to be. :(

There's a shop at the end of Main that has more "gourmet" type food gifts. I think they even sold coffee or hot chocolate. That might be nice! ;)

We love candy!! I'm sure whatever you get will be much appreciated! Last month one of my students brought me a bag of goods from Hershey PA. :goodvibes
Honestly I don't expect my students to ever bring me anything, so even a seashell from a beach vacation means a lot to me.

I remember another teacher getting a Disney magnet from a student once, they still use it on their whiteboard. We also love pens and pencils. We tend to be office/school supply nerds. So if you can't find a candy you want to buy there are plenty of other options.

I completely agree with this entire post!!! :thumbsup2 I am a high school teacher (when the school system decides that it has enough money to hire me for a permanent position) and whenever a student brings me any little thing (even a class photo), I tear up. I don't expect anything, so any little gesture that shows they don't hate my guts for making them do work, is incredibly special.

Magnets are a great thing!!! So useful! Although I know I would never refuse candy or chocolate. ;)

I always make sure we bring something back for our wonderful teachers!! They NEVER get thanked enough!! Pens and pencils are a great idea too!!

I completely agree with this entire post!!! :thumbsup2 I am a high school teacher (when the school system decides that it has enough money to hire me for a permanent position) and whenever a student brings me any little thing (even a class photo), I tear up. I don't expect anything, so any little gesture that shows they don't hate my guts for making them do work, is incredibly special.

Magnets are a great thing!!! So useful! Although I know I would never refuse candy or chocolate. ;)

Oh, I like the magnet idea too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter