Suggestions Needed Please For After We Leave The Ship?

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
I was hoping someone could make some suggestions as to what we can do after we have left the ship until the fly home at 6pm the same day?

If we ask to leave ship ASAP, say 9am - 10am, we are flying out of MCO and need to be there by 4pm. We will obviously have our bags, but i feel as though we should make the most of the day. Does anyone have any ideas?

We will have left WDW over 8 days prior to cruising, but maybe we could go to DTD and use the virgin check-in there and potter around, is it worth it for the time we will have?

Any other ideas are more then welcome.

Thanks

PP

I was hoping someone could make some suggestions as to what we can do after we have left the ship until the fly home at 6pm the same day?

If we ask to leave ship ASAP, say 9am - 10am, we are flying out of MCO and need to be there by 4pm. We will obviously have our bags, but i feel as though we should make the most of the day. Does anyone have any ideas?

We will have left WDW over 8 days prior to cruising, but maybe we could go to DTD and use the virgin check-in there and potter around, is it worth it for the time we will have?

Any other ideas are more then welcome.

Thanks

PP

Yes the best plan is to get rid of the luggage first so towncar to Downtown disney opens 8.30am and drop thoose off.

Now you can then get a taxi to any disney parks, the closest is Typhoon lagoon of course you need a change of clothes I have done that before, It seems an expense to go into MK for a few hours but I had done that, Seaworld is a great option you can see a lot before 3pm.

Shopping in Downtown Disney, or a day room at Hyatt Orlando airport it has a pool on the roof is another option.

I have been off the ship at 7.35am before so DTD by 8.30 is possible, and Parks by 9.00am.

Yes the best plan is to get rid of the luggage first so towncar to Downtown disney opens 8.30am and drop thoose off.

Now you can then get a taxi to any disney parks, the closest is Typhoon lagoon of course you need a change of clothes I have done that before, It seems an expense to go into MK for a few hours but I had done that, Seaworld is a great option you can see a lot before 3pm.

Shopping in Downtown Disney, or a day room at Hyatt Orlando airport it has a pool on the roof is another option.

I have been off the ship at 7.35am before so DTD by 8.30 is possible, and Parks by 9.00am.

I didnt know yo could book day rooms? Ive checked this out on the Hyatt website and cant find any rates for it? Any ideas where i can find this info out beside calling?

Many thanks for your help

Emma

Ive just found out that you can get a rate of approx $89 for a day room if you book directly with the hotel.

I think this is what we will go for,

Thanks again for your help

Emma
x

Ive just found out that you can get a rate of approx $89 for a day room if you book directly with the hotel.

I think this is what we will go for,

Thanks again for your help

Emma
x

I did this once, it was very good arrived at 9.00am went for a swim, then lunch and then checked bags in at 12.30pm, then went shopping in the airport, collect our final things and go through security.

But if you have Virgin flights going to DTD will get you a confirmed seat earlier and they are known to bump you off your online seating booking, I saw a complaint the one time I checked in at the airport, a family had there seats taken and the person said they had been allocated at 8.30am in DTD.

My PE ones were changed as well. DTD is the best option if you want certain seats.

Last time we came off the cruise we also got rid of our luggage early in the day (TCD do a similar service).

Then we went for a relaxing mid morning coffee and cake at DTD,... did some last minute souvenir shopping there, a bit of lunch,..... and then had a very leisurely round of mini golf at the Pirate Cove mini golf at the Crossroads area (5 mins drive from DTD).

All in all.... a very pleasant last day.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter