Suggestions of Items for Grocery Delivery

DisneylandPlanner

Mouseketeer
We plan on having groceries delivered for our June trip. We are spending 9 days at the Poly. First time in a long time. There will be 13 of us, 8 adults 5 kids in DVC rooms.
We plan on getting the basics water, milk, juice, bread, PB&J, micro popcorn, wine, cheese, apples, and grapes.
Any suggestions for items you get or things you wish you had gotten?

Will any of you have a 1 Bedroom (or larger) with the full-size fridge?

If so, bagels, cream cheese, cereal, other fruit (apples and the like), maybe some canned soda for the parks (if you like soft drinks). Ice cream (not sure if a grocery delivery company can provide that?). Chips, salsa, tortillas, beans, eggs.

What meal(s) do you plan to have in the room?

The DVC rooms at the Poly have a mini-kitchen with sink, mini-fridge, toaster, microwave, and coffee maker we will have 3 rooms.
I love the idea of chips and salsa and my youngest would love tortillas with cheese.
We could eat Breakfast or Lunch in the rooms or at the pool

Fruit, cereal, pretzels, yogurt, cookies or almonds/nuts. If you have a full kitchen, frozen pizzas can make a nice quick late night or heavier mid-day snack. We usually do breakfast in the room before heading to the parks. Individually packed snacks are great for kids and can easily be tossed into backpacks. Also, paper plates/bowls and plastic silverware if you need it. Ziplock bags are great to package up snacks to go for kids as well.

I tend to order items that folks can grab for a snack or light meal - lunch meats (turkey breast, ham, cheese), frozen pizza, yogurt, eggs, milk, bagels/bread, orange juice, soda, bottled water, sausage links, frozen potatoes (tater tots or hash browns), sour cream, chips, pretzels, salsa, sour cream/cream cheese, and cereal. I don’t order any meats like hamburger because I like to see what I’m getting; the same with bacon. But I would order a rotisserie chicken or two if I could.

I usually stick to breakfast items that we can have on the go (either waiting for a bus, or at the park for example) in case we’re not up in time to sit down for breakfast (we *usually* are but I like to have the option not to be). I order bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, and fruit for that.

I also like to have PBJ supplies because on pool days I can make a few and have those for a quick pool lunch. I also like to bring one to the park in case DS2 is hangry before the rest of us.

I order granola bars, nuts, beef jerky, and pre-packaged snacks for the kiddos for the parks.

Milk, a gallon or 2 of water (I drink a LOT of water and I like to have this when I’m back in the room at night), and seltzer. Sometimes beer or wine depending on our plans for the week.

Here was my order from a few years ago...

Bottled water
Coke Zero
Lactaid milk
Low-cal bread
Sliced cheese
Eggs
Yogurt
Cereal
Apples
Grapes
Carrots
Tomatoes
Hummus
Bananas
Granola bars
Rice cakes
Coffee
Oatmeal
Popcorn

Mini tissues
Anti-bacterial wipes
Foaming hand soap
Sunscreen

I love the idea of ready to go bacon, bagels/cream cheese, and cereal for breakfast
Sliced cheese and lunch meat too, as well as nuts and individual snack packs

I know they seem like a no-brainer but it is great to hear what others get.

Keep the ideas coming, I also like the idea of getting sunscreen and other necessities not having to pack them. I was only thinking about food and drink

You will have very little, if any, freezer space, so I wouldn't recommend getting much frozen stuff.

Can anyone that's been there recently confirm if the Poly's DVC fridges have a freezer compartment?

I like to get granola bars, cereal and milk (my kids like that for any meal), precut fruit (watermelon, mixed fruit), bananas, chocolate milk, gatorade, water, premade single serve salad bowls (ready-pac, for example), uncrustables, yogurt, and Publix deli chicken fingers.

Will any of you have a 1 Bedroom (or larger) with the full-size fridge?

If so, bagels, cream cheese, cereal, other fruit (apples and the like), maybe some canned soda for the parks (if you like soft drinks). Ice cream (not sure if a grocery delivery company can provide that?). Chips, salsa, tortillas, beans, eggs.

What meal(s) do you plan to have in the room?
Polynesian only has studios and bungalows (over the water that sleep eight, but only have two real beds and use a whole lot of points).

If you are staying on DVC points and like your morning coffee, you'll want to bring filters (Mr Coffee style - flat bottom round basket) and your own coffee. They only leave one or two pouches of Joffrey's coffee each service day. Each pouch makes 4-6 cups.

Loved my hummus and crackers for a snack last trip. Granola bars to bring to the parks. Yogurt cups. Bottled water. Other bottled drinks- a cold drink is so nice when you're dehydrated from the parks! Bagels & cream cheese- I wish we had oatmeal for breakfast too. Pre cut fruit. Cheese strings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter