• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions on discount airfare sites for college students

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
My internet search turned up a couple of sites but the trip I'm looking at is the same or cheaper via Expedia and Travelocity. Yes, I said cheaper by about $600 :confused3
So what am I missing?

What exact trip are you looking at? My son is a student and he is looking for something like this :goodvibes

Never heard of "student fares." I did a quick search on Google and came across a site called studentuniverse. They have on their website "StudentUniverse negotiates with United Airlines to get special discount fares for students. College students are eligible to purchase discounted flights on United Airlines to Europe, Asia, and the South Pacific." Tried to dig a little more and seems like they only have discounted travel to Europe, Asia, and outside U.S.

I did not look to see if the airfare was actually discounted, but seems like no discount within U.S.

My nephew used StudentUniverse.com when he was studying in London. His ticket cost around 600-800 dollars. My niece spent 700 on her ticket to France when she studied abroad. It saved them a ton of money. They did have to send in a lot of documents to verify they were students. This was 2 and 4 years ago that the tickets were purchased.

My daughter priced tickets to Orlando with studentuniverse and the prices were the same. I guess they really only discount for overseas flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter