Suitcase locks

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
I know you're not suppose to lock your checked suitcase when you're coming back from Orlando ... but can you lock your suitcase on the way down to Orlando? I thought that US Customs officers do searches at Pearson before the luggage is processed but I could be wrong... I have cable ties just in case :p I just don't want my lock destroyed.

TIA :)

I do not lock the suitcases until it's time to place them on the belt where you say goodbye to them just in case they don't make it!LOL

This way if you are checked, they can easily open and then close. Then you politely ask to put the ties on before you put them on the conveyor belt. If you are not checked then put them on before you put them on the conveyor belt!

When we came back from MCO to YYZ, I personally took it to the X-ray Machine and asked for them to place the ties on. One was checked so she placed the notice in the luggage and then put the tie on. The other wasn't and she put the tie on right away.

Don't use the locks because they will definately cut it off if they want to look inside.

Also, remember to bring nail clippers without the file so that you can cut the ties off when you get to the resort ( or find a maintenance guy :rolleyes: if you forget).

Happy Trails!

Have a magical trip!

Scratch
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter