Suite life and 1st Marathon TR 2023 (Completed 2/12)

You did so awesome! Loving your trip report. I did the Princess Half in 2010 and this brought back soooo many memories!
Ahh thank you!! My first half marathon was the Princess in 2022. I loove Princess weekend and want to do it again. After I did Princess and I was able to run 13 miles I was like well its now or never. Lets keep going and try for my first marathon.

So meeting Goofy and Mickey was great. I told them I just ran my first marathon and the bowd to me and everything. FB_IMG_1676121210020.jpg
FB_IMG_1676121216729.jpg
Next since we were near some more characters meet and greets. I go check them out my mom just chills. She is not into these characters to pics. Joy has a short line. Sadly no official photopass photographer. But it was great meeting her. I told her I made a core memory today with running my first and she thought it was amazing. I have to say... meeting characters after the run is just so much fun. They really do a Great making u feel special.
20230108_152546.jpg
20230108_152539.jpg
So next some rides. We walk over to do Mission Space. The ride was a walk on and we did red side. Last time during Thanksgiving we did green since I had my son. We had our own ship. I just kept telling my mom don't throw up. Lol. I am not sure if the was my smartest idea doing mission space after a marathon but the pressure actually felt good on my legs.
Next we head Garadians of the Galaxy! My mom was able to book LL while I was running the marathon. Apparently mom had some issues with it but got it, yeah! We still had about 15 mins to wait. So I do the photopass here.
FB_IMG_1676122018328.jpg
FB_IMG_1676122028407.jpg
FB_IMG_1676122036469.jpg
FB_IMG_1676122046417.jpg
Love that I got pics here. During Thanksgiving we did not do the offical photopass photographer when we came here since they were not here yet.
Then we got to go into the ride. Ohh my gosh I LOOVE this ride. We went on it twice Thanksgiving for the first time and I have decided then this is my fav ride in all of Disney. This ride is just amazing. Man my feet are hurting though... the standing during all the preshow stuff was getting ruff.
FB_IMG_1676122012511.jpg
Next we head to test track. We are only go to do it if the single line is short beacuse I am getting tired. But luckliy the single line is a walk on!!
Also preety cool mom and me still got to be in the same car!
FB_IMG_1676122399887.jpg

Mom and me kept commenting how not crowded it was and how nice it was. Thanksgiving it was so crowded. It was nice to be able to enjoy the park with less crowds. Which surprised us cause we thought this park would have been more crowded cause of the marathon. I think a lot of people choose a different park cause of the marathon though after we thought about it for a while. People who ran it looked like they choose MK for pics. Then the regular people choose AK or HS cause they were less impacted by the marathon while Epcot was the most impacted by the run and there was no festival happening so not crowded. So if u are looking for a not so crowded day at Epcot marathon day seems great.

So we did some pics, met some characters and did some great rides.
Now it is time for dinner!

Continuing on to next post.

Last edited:
We head over to world showcase and now u are wondering do we go left or right....
Neither we take the boat!!!
My legs and feet are dieing at this point.... I just want to get to our dinner spot quickly.
We got Reservations to Spice Road table. We love middle eastern food and we cannot get food middle eastern food in Colorado. This place is really under rated restaurants... well the problem probably is there are just to many good restaurants to choose from. We are happy to do a restaurant this time too since Thanksgiving we just did festival food booths... but since there are no festival food booths what few booths they have open do have long lines so it is nice to have a place to sit.
We get seated and have a great spot outside next to the railing. We looved people watching. It was great seeing all the other different runners with their medals on.
Our waiter was very nice.
We order a bunch a of little things to share since it is tapas.
20230108_173516.jpg
FB_IMG_1676124085783.jpg
FB_IMG_1676124090496.jpg

What we get...
House-made Hummus Fries
Citrus Chipotle and Preserved Lemon (Plant-based)
$10.00
These were amazing!!!! Like I could eat this everyday.

Spice Road Table Sampler
Lamb Kefta, Spiced Chicken and Tiropitakia
$15.00
Loved getting the sampler...we got to try a bunch of yummy food and not get to full.

Naan Spreads
Hummus, Chermoula, Marinated Olives, Za’atar
$11.00
Amd of course so great Naan spread... soo good!!!
20230108_173605.jpg
Mom gets a great drink. The cup it comes in is soo cool. I sadly do not get a drink... I get water... so boring but you know I ran a marathon and I just needed water.

20230108_180230.jpg
Dessert Platter
Assorted Moroccan Pastries
$10.00
Okay loove the dessert plate!! Soo yummy.

The dinner was great and the price was so reasonable. We just relaxed here and people watched while eating and it was the perfect dinner.

So the orginal plan was going to walk around and snack and drink more but I stood up and discovered I could not walk....lol. Sitting for to long killed my legs...so now I walk really, really slow back to the boat and take the boat back and we head out.
20230108_182359.jpg
Man I feel soo defeated... I am a park open to close gal and during the Princesses half marathon I made it to the MK fireworks. Ohh well.
As we slowly walk back I do one last thing. I need one more set of pics. I sit while I am waiting.
FB_IMG_1676124961135.jpg
FB_IMG_1676124971962.jpg
FB_IMG_1676124976336.jpg
Then we head back to the bus. Not to long we get the bus.
Wow what a great day!!
We head back to our room and I just kick back and relax and stretch.
I decided let's eat on one of cookies... yep still have not eaten the Gideons cookie yet... just kept being full.
20230109_053552.jpg
Man these cookies are soo good!!! Yeah this is a great way to end the night.
Continuing on to next post the next day.

Day 4....
We are leaving.
We packed up and left. It was an early flight.
No club level breakfast :(
One last pic with the tree.
20230109_065145.jpg
I am wearing all marathon gear including the medal 🏅 beacuse why not?
We ordered a driver to come pick us up and we head off to the airport.
We dropped off at the airport. No issues and checked in. Again since mom is first class we check in luggage there. United is so nice to first class peeps.
Then we go through security. No issues the line was short in Precheck.
Mom at passes for us for United Club so we check go there and eat breakfast. Nothing special but I did get some mimosas. I love mimosas.
20230109_075754.jpg
I see a ton of other rundisney people too wearing their gear.
Then we went on to the plane.
During flight I eat another one of the cookies!! Soo yummy.
20230109_133945.jpg
I still have one more cookie left and I save it for my husband. He deserves a little yummy. Too.
20230109_101653.jpg

And that is it. This was a trip I will never forget. I put in soo many long weekends of running for hours.... it is was all worth. If I can become a marathoner anyone can. I say disney is the best place for a first time marathoner. They are soo good to us beginners and the disney community including disboards is soo supportive.

My next goal Disneyland race in 2024 and then try Doopy in 2025!

Let me know if u have any questions or comments. Love hearing for you guys.

Last edited:

The best part we circle back around and they still have the animals out. This time it was a snake. Since I am not in the pacing group any more I stop and get a pic with the snake. Who else gets to say they petted a snake during a marathon?!
View attachment 737435
I stop at Timon some where around here.
View attachment 737440
As I run back out of AK u can see all the people going into AK and that is when I see the the infamous balloon ladies!
View attachment 737438
For those who do not know they keep the offical 16 min pace and if u fall behind them you are in danger of getting swept. They are very nice ladies though.
View attachment 737439
Some more characters woody and bo peep.
View attachment 737441
Now the worst part....
View attachment 737443
A long stretch of highway just to get to parking lot of hell also called Blizzard parking lot. We run around in a circle in it. It is ridiculous. We do not even get to go into Blizzard water park. I was not feeling the magic miles at this point. I did not really take pics and just put my head down and focused on putting one foot in front of the other.
View attachment 737456
View attachment 737459
Soon we get close to HS!!! I feel my engery coming back.
View attachment 737466
Ohh and I see darkwing duck!!! Yeah!!
Ohh and after that a candy stop! No pic some chocolate was nice.
View attachment 737468
My engery is all officially back now!!
Continuing on to the next post.
I also saw the balloon ladies as I exited AK last year. Too close for comfort! But some of the pics with the wildlife was way cool. And amen on the miles from hell from there through the BB parking lot.
Chocolate mountain in HS was great. I took what they handed me and was too tired to think to ask for another.
Good write ups.

I also saw the balloon ladies as I exited AK last year. Too close for comfort! But some of the pics with the wildlife was way cool. And amen on the miles from hell from there through the BB parking lot.
Chocolate mountain in HS was great. I took what they handed me and was too tired to think to ask for another.
Good write ups.
I felt the same way but I had to remind myself they are still multiple miles behind me.

And why do they do that to us BB parking lot?? It is the worst.

Thanks!

This was so much fun to read! It was also fun meeting you around mile 16 or so (if I remember correctly) and chatting for a minute before you took off with your pace group. Next year I want a margarita at the finish line!

This was so much fun to read! It was also fun meeting you around mile 16 or so (if I remember correctly) and chatting for a minute before you took off with your pace group. Next year I want a margarita at the finish line!
Yeah thank u and yes I think it was around then. Finishing with a maragarita is soo much fun u should soo try it.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I loved it all. And don't be hard on yourself for tired legs and feet. You had already done 26+miles that morning (because the walk to the corrals is LONG). You get to be tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter