Sum of all Thrills to officially close

Really starting to feel that management is picking up the pace on these closure announcements, instead of waiting for one project to really finish.

With this closure, two of the four parks (Not including Avatarland, which will be done next year) will likely be undergoing extreme updating and renovations through the end of the decade.

I have to admit I haven't been in either of the innovations for at least 15 years except to pass through or pick up my F&W AP glass. It will be interesting to see what they have in store for the area

Seriously - all personal opinion, I'm not right no one else is wrong....
Disney - just DEMO this joke? Let us know when EPCOT becomes a SERIOUS park again. When that happens? We'll go there.

So does this mean that September 14 will be the last day and it will close for good when the park closes that night, or that the 13th will be the last day and the 14th will be the first day it is closed?

Glad to see Epcot getting some love. Im sure that almost all their projects that they have planned is pencilled down to be done and dusted by the 50th anniversary of WDW which i believe is in 2021

So does this mean that September 14 will be the last day and it will close for good when the park closes that night, or that the 13th will be the last day and the 14th will be the first day it is closed?
The 14th is the last day of operation

Innoventions was driven by corporate sponsorships. Those have dried up, just like most of the sponsorships in the various "pavilions" of Future World. Companies just don't appear to be willing to cough up the money to fund such consumer marketing programs anymore. Innoventions became like any number of shopping malls that have lost a significant number of their clients. At some point it enters a "death spiral" when there isn't enough "stuff" there to draw people inside.

Innoventions was driven by corporate sponsorships. Those have dried up, just like most of the sponsorships in the various "pavilions" of Future World. Companies just don't appear to be willing to cough up the money to fund such consumer marketing programs anymore. Innoventions became like any number of shopping malls that have lost a significant number of their clients. At some point it enters a "death spiral" when there isn't enough "stuff" there to draw people inside.
If epcot plans move forward innoventions will be getting a new look.

If epcot plans move forward innoventions will be getting a new look.

Yeah but I hope it will be something interesting. I really liked Sum of all Thrills. We use to time it to be there at innovations open and do it a couple of times. Whenever we went back in afternoon waits were always 30-45 minutes. Not horrible as things go but still did not want to wait in line. I will miss it.

Hope it does not just become another character picture spot. Nothing against that but I hope they can really find something interesting to do with the spot.

I loved this attraction :/ My family used to go and ride it first thing when there was no line and we could go 6 times in a row! I hope they will make use of the empty space now though, I'm looking forward to seeing what their plan is.

Sum is officially closed. We were there on the 14th, and based on the rumors planning for several trips on Sum's last day. It's last day was actually the 13th, and it was closed when we arrived on the 14th. Our son was super bummed about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter