Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

We have a late August trip and are still planning to go! If there are modified/ canceled experiences or protocols like wearing masks or something, we will cancel and go when everything is magical again. But I’m hopeful it will be normal.

Will you do both, or one or the other?
Really depends on the possible restrictions that might be put in place. We are AP holders but live in CO. So it's not easy for us to get over to Disney World. We have an early to mid June reservation and then a mid July reservation. Never been in the early summer, so hope it works out.

We were scheduled to be in the World from August 3rd-August 14th staying at YC/Poly. Sadly, I just cancelled the Poly portion of our trip yesterday as it was on rented points and the person I was renting from offered me a refund.

On a happy note, I booked a stay at the Beach Club for August 3rd-August 13th, so we lost a day and the Poly, but we are still planning on going. If the modifications are too much for us we may cancel or we may do a resort only stay that will probably be shortened.

Fingers crossed we get to go and enjoy the magic to some capacity.

DH and I were at WDW during Dorian last year (amazingly awesome) and booked a bounceback for August 6-15 for DH and I along with our kids who are 20, 17, and 14. Our 20 year old originally didn't want to go, but changed her mind, so I am really hoping we can still go as this will likely be our last trip with the whole family.

We have flights booked through SW on points, but haven't really made extra payments on the trip because I just don't know if it's going to happen. If it is open, but masks are required, we won't go because I wore one to the grocery store last week and about had a panic attack several times. There's no way I could be okay wearing one in the Florida heat.

We are still booked May 27 through June. I know it’s a long shot, but I just can’t cancel. We have great ADRs and fast passes so I didn’t want to change it for later in June/July and our schedule doesn’t really allow us to go later. That means we would be at least another year. We just booked a beach getaway mid-June in case Disney falls through. Flights are super cheap, but hubby still thought I should cancel the Disney flights to fund the beach trip flights. I actually started tearing up. Pretty sure he thinks I’m crazy, but I know you will all understand. I just can’t cancel on my Happy Place.

Really depends on the possible restrictions that might be put in place. We are AP holders but live in CO. So it's not easy for us to get over to Disney World. We have an early to mid June reservation and then a mid July reservation. Never been in the early summer, so hope it works out.
I feel that - I'm also an AP holder but from NJ. Luckily we live close to a major airport that has flights to MCO multiple times a day across multiple airlines, so we have "easy" access.

We are still booked May 27 through June. I know it’s a long shot, but I just can’t cancel. We have great ADRs and fast passes so I didn’t want to change it for later in June/July and our schedule doesn’t really allow us to go later. That means we would be at least another year. We just booked a beach getaway mid-June in case Disney falls through. Flights are super cheap, but hubby still thought I should cancel the Disney flights to fund the beach trip flights. I actually started tearing up. Pretty sure he thinks I’m crazy, but I know you will all understand. I just can’t cancel on my Happy Place.
Totally feel your pain ): Is there a reason the beach trip is more doable than the Disney trip? I'm the queen of long weekend Disney trips (Friday afternoon - Monday Night), and I normally travel over holiday weekends. It may help you get your Disney fix!

What are you guys looking forward to most on your trips?! For us it's that we're doing the dining plan, and have some of our favorite reservations booked (Via Napoli, California Grill) and we're trying to Tapolino Terrace for breakfast! Can't wait to see the characters in their new outfits :goodvibes

I’m going July 23-29. I was originally going the end of June. Hopefully it is open because I need a vacation. Not looking forward to the heat though.

Since its still considered summer, we are going Sept. 13-21 which is a backup for our May trip, that we and Disney haven't cancelled yet, but i am sure it will be soon. We will monitor this summer to see if our favorite rides and lounges and restaurants are open and if so we will definitely be there. If the things we love best are not available, we re-schedule again. We only go once a year for 9 days so our favorite things being open are important to us.

We typically like to go for at least 8-9 days. We’ve done a few quick trips, but it’s been awhile since we’ve been, so we really want a full trip when we go. The beach will just be a quick 3-4 day stay. Plus, with the short lead time I know we won’t get the great dinner reservations and FPs we had. I would probably still be up for a quick trip, but the rest of my family wants all of their favorites

Totally feel your pain ): Is there a reason the beach trip is more doable than the Disney trip? I'm the queen of long weekend Disney trips (Friday afternoon - Monday Night), and I normally travel over holiday weekends. It may help you get your Disney fix!

Early July and early September trips for us. We’ve been planning the July trip for so long and have a family friend that’s supposed to be flying in to join us...😬. We are hopeful but nervous. If they are open we will be going!

We're booked Aug 7-15. We have no plans to cancel. As long as the situation keeps getting better and we feel safe we still want to go.

I am so glad that you made this thread!

We (a childless millennial married couple) are fortunate enough to travel to WDW at least 2 (sometimes 3) times a year. When they announced that they would be building StarWars land, we started to plan what we called our "Big Trip." We were due to travel to WDW on March 16th - March 21st, and were pulling out all the stops - Split stay at Contemporary and Yacht Club, DAH at MK on arrival night, Dinner at California Grill during fireworks, booked Wild Africa Trek for my birthday, scheduled massages later in the week, and had ALL the best Fast Passes (SDD, MFSR, MMRR, FOP, Test Track) and then.... the world exploded.

We decided to rebook for mid-July and splurged on Club Level and the YC, hoping we could cross CL off our bucket list and take advantage of the 90 Day Fast Pass window. Unfortunately, DSS is closed and CL loses value with each passing day. Our 90 day mark is today, but I'm hoping DSS will open soon so we can at least make FPs+ at around 75 days out (?) . I went ahead and made a back-up reservation for a regular room at YC, just in case the 90 day FP option doesn't work out. Since everything seems to change day-by-day, I also went ahead and booked an identical room reservation in August, just in case July doesn't happen.

Some days I am *almost positive* that WDW will be open by July (to an enjoyable degree), and other days I'm almost positive that it won't be.

So far, our new plan (with MANY back-up options) is:

July 12 - 18th.

Arrival night at Coronado Springs, followed by 2 nights at Contemporary, before transferring to CL at the Yacht Club for 3 nights.

As of today, I *think* WDW will be operating at 75% by July, which would be good enough for me. *Fingers Crossed*

What are you guys looking forward to most on your trips?! For us it's that we're doing the dining plan, and have some of our favorite reservations booked (Via Napoli, California Grill) and we're trying to Tapolino Terrace for breakfast! Can't wait to see the characters in their new outfits :goodvibes

Caveat that we have APs and go a few times per year. We like the parks but we’re not necessarily commandos.

For us, summer trips mean rope drop through 11-12’ish, then back to the resort for lots of pool time. With any luck, an afternoon shower will cool things off (and clear out the parks) so after that it’s back out for a bit of night park time or just more pool/resort time and call it a day.

Rinse, cycle, repeat.

Hoping at least some elements of that are available whenever they reopen.

We do a lot more park time during cooler seasons, but summer is more vacation mode for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter