• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer 2022 England, Scotland, or Ireland

MeDisney

Earning My Ears
Has anyone booked on these trips for the summer to England, Scotland, or Ireland been told that they’re a go? We would like to book for May or June but not sure if we will be cancelled last minute. If you are booked did you already purchase airfare? We are trying to decide which of these destinations have successfully been done during Covid or has the highest chance to happen so that we can go. Thank you for any advice.

Since England and Scotland are both part of the UK, the likelihood of travel successfully happening there will most likely be the same (same controls and conditions). Also, the England trip includes France, and they've been having way more restrictions than the UK, so you need to monitor/ask about them also. I don't really know anything about Southern Ireland at this point, which is where the ABD goes...

Sayhello

My wife and I are going on this tour (not Disney), leaving Chicago on May 27,2022.
Ireland and Scotland
The two-week duration of our Ireland and Scotland Tours allows enough time to absorb the richness of both the Irish and Scottish cultures at a pace that is comfortable for all. From the historic skyline of Edinburgh to the craggy inlets of Kerry's shores, uncover all that Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland have to offer on this 14-Day Gaelic adventure.

We were scheduled to go last year but COVID canceled that. The only thing that we are worried about is that AA is going to cancel a flight to LHR by May 1st. We have a flight that goes ORD to LHR to EDI. Hopefully they will not cancel our flight because it is the shortest travel time.

My wife and I are going on this tour (not Disney), leaving Chicago on May 27,2022.
Ireland and Scotland
The two-week duration of our Ireland and Scotland Tours allows enough time to absorb the richness of both the Irish and Scottish cultures at a pace that is comfortable for all. From the historic skyline of Edinburgh to the craggy inlets of Kerry's shores, uncover all that Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland have to offer on this 14-Day Gaelic adventure.
This looks like a great value to do both countries! Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately for us, they are already booked for most of May and June that we would have considered.

Since England and Scotland are both part of the UK, the likelihood of travel successfully happening there will most likely be the same (same controls and conditions). Also, the England trip includes France, and they've been having way more restrictions than the UK, so you need to monitor/ask about them also. I don't really know anything about Southern Ireland at this point, which is where the ABD goes...

Sayhello
All very good points!
Even being vaccinated, the rules keep changing with validity of primary and booster shots. We had boosters in Nov/Dec so that puts us at 6 months when we want to travel. It's so hard to constantly keep up with the rules, for guests and probably for ABD themselves. And the testing to get back into the country is so stressful. So much to consider!
Thank you.

Ireland and Scotland

We were scheduled to go last year but COVID canceled that. The only thing that we are worried about is that AA is going to cancel a flight to LHR by May 1st. We have a flight that goes ORD to LHR to EDI. Hopefully they will not cancel our flight because it is the shortest travel time.

If you are staying overnight in the Cork area ( County or City ) let me know as I might meet up with you.

If you are staying overnight in the Cork area ( County or City ) let me know as I might meet up with you.

The Magic is due in Ireland....Ringaskiddy in September. What suggestions do you have for the day in this area? Thanks Woodview!

Ireland and Scotland

What tour company if you are permitted to answer? Thank you.

Actually the ‘rules’ in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland are different. Each nation has made its own rules and been out of sync.

Ringaskiddy is 10 miles from me . I worked for Pfizer Ringiskiddy for 15 years

The Tour Coaches leave from Quayside

Name the Day tours that they supply in your Info package .
All will have to go through Cork City ( Either via Tunnel or Ring road )

Happy to mention our visit to Cork aboard the Magic a few years ago. We loved it there and the people were lovely! Many came to wave to us and say goodbye when we left that day, it felt very special.

I have a travel buddy who's been wanting to do Ireland for a while. MyIreland looks like it has nice tours. Have you done one with them before, or have any other experience with them?

It was the trip of a lifetime. Paddy, our tour guide, was wonderful. His knowledge and his delivery of the history of the sites was amazing. The hotels were all great, especially the castle hotels. Breakfasts were good, all buffet style but you could get eggs cooked special for you. Dinners were top notch. We would go again with My Ireland Tour in a heartbeat!

Thanks so much for the reply! It's always nice to have some feedback. We're looking at going next August, so we can catch the Edinburgh Tattoo at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter