Summer 2024 Prices

We wanted Norway too as we got it cancelled in 2021, 2022 couldn’t make as we were on the Wish & this years we couldnt do as friend had a wedding but at those prices even taking into account we don’t need flights is just ridiculous and one we’re not prepared to pay
Thankfully I did the 2022 one, really liked the itinerary. The 2023 one IMO had a poor itinerary, 2024 is better but not at that price increase!

That Noway sailing is absolutely crazy, can’t believe the increase and considering so many Europe sailings this year have had GT rates for a few months I’m even more shocked at the prices
Yes, I’m so gutted! I may end up doing the British Isles cruise - I live in UK so the ports aren’t as “exotic” for me but I think they will still be lovely places to visit. Maybe it will give me a chance to enjoy the ship more if I’m not so fussed about the ports.

Was ready to book the 11 night mediterranean in late June but comparing it to this year's same cruise was too painful. That very same cruise this year, for our family of 4, is almost $6,000 less with the Guaranteed stateroom. Looks like if we want to do it we should wait for that sale again next year. Anyone know how early they offer those rates typically?

Yes, I’m so gutted! I may end up doing the British Isles cruise - I live in UK so the ports aren’t as “exotic” for me but I think they will still be lovely places to visit. Maybe it will give me a chance to enjoy the ship more if I’m not so fussed about the ports.
I’m in the UK too so totally get what you mean, that one has never appealed to me especially when we can visit those places pretty easy and no doubt more cheaply than what that sailing costs but like you said a great one to do purely to enjoy the ship which is always a good thing

Even that one has been weakened over the last few years. It used to be longer and visit more locations.

These are by far the worst itineraries announced the last few years.
Especially the European ones of Disney Dream.
They butchered a lot of great ports and left only some basic ones.
Also all the cruises are soooo expensive!

Yep. We have Celebrity booked next summer in Europe for our second cruise in the Med. We did DCL last time and loved it so much that I thought I would be tempted to jump back to DCL once they released their itineraries, but they don't have an itinerary that comes close to all the great ports we are getting sailing Celebrity for less money. Even the cruise we did last year on DCL had a few better ports than the similar cruise this year. It's too bad that they are getting worse in Europe and not better, when they were already known for having vanilla itineraries there. At the prices they charge, and the itineraries they are offering, I won't be surprised if they end of discounting heavily again in Europe next summer. It surprises me that they did that after this summer's apparently low bookings in Europe.

The itineraries are horrible!! Which is good for my pocket book.

The only really interesting thing here is the overnight stop in Hamburg! Which is an amazing port! Not just for its history as a major trade center, but it’s beautiful to sail in and out of as it’s actually all the way into the Elbe delta.

In my opinion that’s one of the best itineraries in Europe next year. But I live in Germany and have been to Hamburg multiple times…

The only big question: with an overnight there, will they offer night excursions to the Reeperbahn?? Hamburg‘s famous red light and party district? I guess not… 🤣

At the prices they charge, and the itineraries they are offering, I won't be surprised if they end of discounting heavily again in Europe next summer. It surprises me that they did that after this summer's apparently low bookings in Europe.
I am putting it down to Disney's consistent hubris.

The European 2023 sailings all went to GT rates prior to PIF. Unless their strategy now is to price high and then discount ... but then the company has always valued "price integrity".

The European 2023 sailings all went to GT rates prior to PIF. Unless their strategy now is to price high and then discount ... but then the company has always valued "price integrity".
I am expecting the same to happen in 2024. I think the short UK cruises might sell better. There appears to be a market for those. But how big that is?!

100% agree. Their hubris has reached new levels in recent years at the parks, and is certainly apparent at DCL lately (given zero cares about the online check-in experience comes to mind). I could be wrong, but I think they are going to need to be more customer friendly the more ships they get. After all, they are creating their own competition with every ship.

This was said by another poster, but clearly Disney have no issue with demand, especially for the premium products.

If a recession is coming, it’s not top of mind for a lot of folks, and all consumer businesses, Disney included are making hay while the sun shines.

Agree with comments about crazy pricing in Europe with the deep discounts being offered this summer. Also, agree with watered down ports. So happy we are doing this summer’s 11 night Med. Very happy to see Kusadasi and Malta returning. We were last there in 2013. Ephesus is amazing and the entry at sunrise into the port of Valletta with the light on the limestone buildings is just incredible.

I have not been following the travel itineraries long (only about a year, so I have seen 2022 and 2023 itineraries) but I was surprised to see no voyages departing from Copenhagen in 2024.

Our whole family had it as a June/July 2024 plan (DS is a teacher) to celebrate my other DS 40th (who is disabled and loves Disney) and I've been estimating and planning based on May 2024. I knew it would be higher but I was not prepared for these prices. Our cabin price went up about $3000 from one month to the next for a FOUR night cruise. I'm so sad. I want to cancel the whole plan but the kids don't. They are paying their own way but I just don't know how I can get value from this. We've never cruised Disney.

Was ready to book the 11 night mediterranean in late June but comparing it to this year's same cruise was too painful. That very same cruise this year, for our family of 4, is almost $6,000 less with the Guaranteed stateroom. Looks like if we want to do it we should wait for that sale again next year. Anyone know how early they offer those rates typically?
Typically sometime after PIF. This year it was January which is really early for Disney. Looking at the prices, economy and all the uncertainty I would expect the same price drops next year.
My upcoming cruise on RCCL prices dropped significantly at 60 days. I’m kind of kicking myself, but compared to a DCL cruise it’s still a bargain.
I would wait.

Maybe with some itineraries but clearly not with their European ones if they're heavily discounting the entire 2023 season.
They’ve been discounting everything but the Wish.

As far as Europe Airfare is high and maybe people just want to stay closer to home since everyday there’s some new crisis.

This was said by another poster, but clearly Disney have no issue with demand, especially for the premium products.

If a recession is coming, it’s not top of mind for a lot of folks, and all consumer businesses, Disney included are making hay while the sun shines.
It think it’s on a lot of peoples mind. You can’t ignore what’s happening.

Most people just don’t pull back until they have too. The majority of people are spenders not savers.

People on this forum tend to use Disney as a parameter for the economy. Understandable it’s a Disney forum, but there seems to be a disconnect. DCL has always been for the upper middle class and above. Mostly above lately.

The European prices are a little surprising, I didn't think they'd jump so much considering the discounts they've offered this summer. Though I'm not really surprised by any Disney price increases!

We'll have a look over the weekend and decide if we want to book something, none of the itineraries on dates that work for us are particularly exciting - DH's job mostly ties us to school holidays so that rules out quite a few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter