• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer 2024 Prices

The European prices are a little surprising, I didn't think they'd jump so much considering the discounts they've offered this summer. Though I'm not really surprised by any Disney price increases!

We'll have a look over the weekend and decide if we want to book something, none of the itineraries on dates that work for us are particularly exciting - DH's job mostly ties us to school holidays so that rules out quite a few.
They have conditioned people to wait. It used to be everyone jammed the phone lines to book opening day. Not the case anymore. I guess pricing cruises so high people don’t book and then dropping the prices a few months out to make people feel like they are getting a deal is more profitable? I’m not sure how they walk it back now.

Probably going to be a charter cruise, maybe the 2024 DVC member cruise? Seems too short for a drydock.
A week long DVC MC could be terribly expensive. I would expect it to go to the new private island, maybe double dipping?

A week long DVC MC could be terribly expensive. I would expect it to go to the new private island, maybe double dipping?
If it's in May 2024 then it probably wouldn't be going to LP though as those other cruises aren't going til June and July, right? Remember the Oct 2019 was a week long cruise, too (who could EVER forget that cruise :rotfl2:)

We were thinking Alaska next year but omg those prices are crazy even with a placeholder discount
Cruiselines price their cruises a year or years in advance. They have no idea what the economy is going to be like or what geopolitical situations will arise. They price for best case scenario. As we've learned over the last few years things don't always go as planned.

Most cruise lines will have sales or lower prices with a price guarantee to anyone that booked in advance. Disney takes a different approach with the GT rates.

My RCCL Holy land cruise in May has gone down, down. and down in price over the last 6 months. Maybe because of all the Iran /Isreal war chatter. You just never know. Pre-Covid I could get excited about a cruise a year in advance. After so many trips being canceled due to covid or changed itineraries due to geopolitical conflicts I temper my enthusiasm until I'm on the ship.

They have conditioned people to wait. It used to be everyone jammed the phone lines to book opening day. Not the case anymore. I guess pricing cruises so high people don’t book and then dropping the prices a few months out to make people feel like they are getting a deal is more profitable? I’m not sure how they walk it back now.
Do people cancel and re-book for price drops, or can we call for price adjustments?

If it's in May 2024 then it probably wouldn't be going to LP though as those other cruises aren't going til June and July, right? Remember the Oct 2019 was a week long cruise, too (who could EVER forget that cruise :rotfl2:)
What happened?

What happened?
Very rough seas down to Bermuda from NYC. But even rougher going the other way. The stops on that cruise were Bermuda for 2 days (overnight) and then a stop in Boston before returning to NYC. We were heading towards a Nor'easter so the capt had to make the (very wise) decision to skip Boston to avoid the storm. So we had more sea days, still had VERY rough waters (but he did his best) and a rather interesting 'turn' when the capt said we were going to avoid the storm. My oldest was in Edge at the time and they were told to 'hang on' in case the ship listed a bit to one side :eek: The turn actually was pretty darn smooth so he did an excellent job.

Very rough seas down to Bermuda from NYC. But even rougher going the other way. The stops on that cruise were Bermuda for 2 days (overnight) and then a stop in Boston before returning to NYC. We were heading towards a Nor'easter so the capt had to make the (very wise) decision to skip Boston to avoid the storm. So we had more sea days, still had VERY rough waters (but he did his best) and a rather interesting 'turn' when the capt said we were going to avoid the storm. My oldest was in Edge at the time and they were told to 'hang on' in case the ship listed a bit to one side :eek: The turn actually was pretty darn smooth so he did an excellent job.
We were on that cruise also…. Definitely will never forget….

Can no longer do both athens and santorini in the same greek isles trip. Its either or the other. No one goes to the greek isles on a first time cruise and only chooses to see one of them.

thats probably me out.

We were thinking Alaska next year but omg those prices are crazy even with a placeholder discount
It’s marginally higher than this year’s sailings but I wasn’t too shocked by it. Maybe consider planning/saving for it and hope for a GT rate come Jan/Feb? (I get it though - the list price for DCL’s Alaska sailings is far too rich for my blood. Thankfully we can book the military rate which brings it down to a reasonable level).

Last edited:
"They've priced themselves out"
Someone has to say it. :P

Energy is up
Food is up
Labour costs are up
Those costs get passed on to the consumer
Energy aint up its. Its been falling for 8 months now. Food is also on its way down.

plus prices arent a function of costs. Prices are determined by demand. Supply is determined by cost and most of the cost is capex. Not opex. they arent going to stop boarding the ships cos opex costs rise too much.

Last edited:
Yep. We have Celebrity booked next summer in Europe for our second cruise in the Med. We did DCL last time and loved it so much that I thought I would be tempted to jump back to DCL once they released their itineraries, but they don't have an itinerary that comes close to all the great ports we are getting sailing Celebrity for less money. Even the cruise we did last year on DCL had a few better ports than the similar cruise this year. It's too bad that they are getting worse in Europe and not better, when they were already known for having vanilla itineraries there. At the prices they charge, and the itineraries they are offering, I won't be surprised if they end of discounting heavily again in Europe next summer. It surprises me that they did that after this summer's apparently low bookings in Europe.
We're booked on NCL right now for the Med/Greek Isles in June 24 and I SO BADLY wanted to switch to Disney, but I can't. The itineraries are terrible and prices crazy. NCL it will be!

Can no longer do both athens and santorini in the same greek isles trip. Its either or the other. No one goes to the greek isles on a first time cruise and only chooses to see one of them.

thats probably me out.

This was my biggest issue, too. I really wanted the 7 night or 11 night at the end of June as those fit our schedules best, but neither has Santorini. This is a one and done for my parents and we're not going all the way to the Greek Isles and not seeing Santorini....

It’s marginally higher than this year’s sailings but I wasn’t too shocked by it. Maybe consider planning/saving for it and hope for a GT rate come Jan/Feb? (I get it though - the list price for DCL’s Alaska sailings is far too rich for my blood. Thankfully we can book the military rate which brings it down to a reasonable level).
I have been planning and saving, not sure what part of booking well over a year in advance would make you think I’m not.

My real point is that it would cost $17-18k for my family of 5. And that’s before airfare, extra time on one end of the trip to visit my sister in Seattle, etc. The value is not there at that price point. There are way cooler trips we could take for $17k.

We have used GT rates, but scheduling that requires flexibility which can be difficult and, with 5 people, we have to book two GT rooms, which doesn’t end up saving us much.

Our whole family had it as a June/July 2024 plan (DS is a teacher) to celebrate my other DS 40th (who is disabled and loves Disney) and I've been estimating and planning based on May 2024. I knew it would be higher but I was not prepared for these prices. Our cabin price went up about $3000 from one month to the next for a FOUR night cruise. I'm so sad. I want to cancel the whole plan but the kids don't. They are paying their own way but I just don't know how I can get value from this. We've never cruised Disney.

Honestly these prices solidified for me that we likely will never be able to take a summer Disney cruise. I've found Disney prices higher anytime they know school is out for kids. Summer break is always the WORST, now these prices IMO are higher than normal but costs of everything has gone up as well. We try to avoid missing school when possible so I ended up finding a cruise the day after thanksgiving on a 3 night cruise. All falls in Thanksgiving break except 1 day.

I also looked around Christmas/winter break and I found some decent prices around there as long as you avoided the week between Christmas and New Years (those were worst than summer prices).

My other issue with these summer prices is DCL generally only goes one way with their prices so as the different levels book the prices will go up most likely. So by the time it gets to my castaway level it'll be even more expensive.

I agree. While the med itineraries look decent, all the northern ones hold zero interest to us and those prices 😳 So glad we are FINALLY getting to Northern Europe this summer on the 11 night, it's fantastic itinerary (IMO).
YES! I loved the itinerary for the northern 11 night this year and would have booked next year if it was the same. They've completely butchered Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter