Summer Card Swap ***CLOSED***

bubbasmom99

DIS Veteran
Okay, I think there are enough of us who are interested in doing something now. Let's see how it goes!

Summer Card Swap

**Please prepare 5 full cards, blank inside, with corresponding envelope. Please also include in each envelope a small note with your name, DIS name, and email address, so that people can contact you if they want to know how you made your card or to praise your beautiful work!

**Groups of 6 (this will put less pressure on people who are short on time this summer) -- you will not receive one of your own back, so if you want one for yourself, make one extra.

**Deadline to sign up: July 1st

**Deadline to return: August 15th

**Packaging: Place swap items in a large baggie for waterproof purposes.
Write your real name, DIS name, and swap group name and include in the baggie.

**Swap Return: Send a self-addressed stamped envelope for return mail purposes. The amount of postage on your SASE should be the same amount that it takes to mail to the swap hostess. To insure that enough postage will cover the returned swap items, include one additional stamp (23 cents) for additional postage which will be returned if not used. I am estimating it will be about $1.29 to $1.52, depending on how heavily embellished the cards are.
***If you are participating in more than one group, you may want to send a $3.85 postage stamp or $3.85 cash and I will mail back to you in a flat rate priority envelope.***

I will start with 2 groups of 5 and add additional groups if there is interest. If you want to participate with more than 1 card, I will put you in 2 separate groups. Please reply with the type of card you are making. Styles can include but are not limited to:

Birthday (general, masculine, feminine, child, belated, etc)
Wedding
Friendship
Get Well
Sympathy
Thinking of You
Just Because
Hello
Thank You
Congratulations
Good Luck
Baby Shower or New Baby congrats
Masculine general
Holiday themes

This is my first time hosting a swap so please feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do the improve the experience!!

READY, SET, STAMP!!!

Group 1

ksjayhawks - Thank you ***RECEIVED***
nicurn - Holiday ***RECEIVED***
WDWMom - Sympathy ***RECEIVED***
Mickey's old friend - Friendship ***RECEIVED***
Disneyland Emily - Hello ***RECEIVED***
ILUVPOOH1 - Masculine birthday

Group 2

WDWMom - Baby ***RECEIVED***
Mickey's old friend - Masculine ***RECEIVED***
bubbasmom99 - Thank you ***RECEIVED***
goofymom/pop - Thinking of you ***RECEIVED***
TonyS20 - Wedding ***RECEIVED***
OurDogCisco - Mother's Day ***RECEIVED***

Group 3

ILUVPOOH1 - Thank you
goofymom/pop - Masculine ***RECEIVED***
TonyS20 - Birthday ***RECEIVED***
ksjayhawks - Winter ***RECEIVED***
angelmom - Wedding ***RECEIVED***
bubbasmom99/angel - Friendship ***working on it!***

Group 4

cwnhokie - Baby ***mailing***
goofymom/pop - Love ***RECEIVED***
lewdyan1 - General Birthday ***RECEIVED***
TonyS20 - masculine ***RECEIVED***
bubbasmom99 - friendship ***RECEIVED***
JulianneCP - Thank you ***RECEIVED***

Group 5

momtoaprincess - Kids birthday ***RECEIVED***
goofymom/pop - General (smile/best wishes) ***RECEIVED***
TonyS20 - baby ***RECEIVED***
ksjayhawks - female birthday ***RECEIVED***
angelmom - Thank you ***RECEIVED***
ReAnSt - Congratulations ***RECEIVED***

this sounds like so much fun. Do we only make 5 cards? or are we making 5 sets of 5?
I am not sure yet about joining in.

oh what the heck, I'll play. :) I'll take holiday themes. (I do have the same question spinning had, am I making just 5 cards or 25 cards? (5per each person in the group). maggie

Sorry it's not clear. You make just 5 cards and will receive back 5 cards from the others. I guess then it would be groups of 6 people, actually... (you would not get one of your own back.).

I'd love to join... especially since you live near me ;) ... I live in Sacramento..

But before I join I had a question does it have to be a stamped card?

If you are okay with an embellished card I'd like to do a 4th of July card...

Thanks,
Tina

Hi Tina!

I assume most people will stamp their cards. Do you handcraft yours in a different way? As long as their handmade, I don't think there will be any objections. I would be interested to see what other methods there are!

bubbasmom99 said:
Hi Tina!

I assume most people will stamp their cards. Do you handcraft yours in a different way? As long as their handmade, I don't think there will be any objections. I would be interested to see what other methods there are!

My cards are definitely homemade but not stamped. I guess, they are more scrapbooked like... Here's a thank you Xmas card I made:

ThankYouXmascard.jpg

So, I guess, I am game... I'll do a 4th of July card...

Tina

I'll play, I'll take masculine birthday!! If you open another group I'll take thank you cards in another group!

Sara

I will do Thinking of you in Group 2....and if you do a group 3....I will take Masculine.....

thanks
cindy

I'd like to play. If there is room for 2 I'd like to do Wedding and Birthday. If only room for 1, I'll take Wedding.

Is it full cards or only the fronts?

TonyS20 said:
I'd like to play. If there is room for 2 I'd like to do Wedding and Birthday. If only room for 1, I'll take Wedding.

Is it full cards or only the fronts?

Full cards, blank inside.

Do you mean full cards as a size thing? or a decorated thing?

I usually make my card the standard thank you card size, decorated completely on the front only with a blank inside. Is this ok? I could do them bigger but like the look of the thank you sized cards.....I think its 4 1/2 by 5 or something like that.

Let me know as I will be making up my ideas asap. Cannot wait to get some new ideas from everyone. Woo hoo!

cindy

Hi,

I didn't see my name on the list yet so, I am wondering if you want handstamped cards. If you do, I totally understand. Just let me know!

Thanks,
Tina

I think she just missed your note under the pic you posted. I PM'd her, your cards are beautiful and I don't think anyone will mind if they aren't stamped. Or at least I don't mind.

Got a few more ideas......

Smile
Just because
Love

Tina --
I'm so sorry.. I thought I put you in there but I think I forgot to hit submit when I edited my post. I'm fixing it now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter