Summer Fun - First Trips and Mammaw's Birthday!

Jdougherty

Mouseketeer

So this is not MY first nor my DH’s but it will be a first trip for almost half of the group. Let me introduce the cast of this adventure and give you some details.

When: 18-24 July 2010
Where: WDW Old Key West (okw) 2brm suite and a studio
Why: I love Disney, I dream of owning DVC one day my daughter loves Disney and Vacations are FUN
Who’s going?
ME, JDougherty aka Mommy 30ish working Mom from Colorado , DISmember and amateur travel agent
DH Hard working dad who works shift and is a Traditional Reservist He proposed in front of Cinderella’s Castle (awe, what a guy)
DD - she will be 2.5 on this trip she been to Disney at 9m this will be the first trip that she will remember. Loves Micka Mouse and anything Princess related.
DS, Will be 9m old and his first officially trip to Disney. Hoping he will be completely transitioned to table food like his sister was. He is a very relaxed little man.
DFIL aka PopPop I love my father in law he’s awesome. My DS is a carbon copy of him. DFIL AND DMIL will be flying from NJ.
DMIL aka Mammaw, She’s my partner in crime when it comes to all things Disney. Her birthday will be on the wed while we are there.
DBFF My BFF / partner and crime at home. This will be her first time EVER at Disney!
DBFS, DBFF’s son he’s 5 and this will also be his first time going to Disney!
My Family (minus DFIL&DMIL) all live in Colorado with DBFF and DBFS. We will be flying out early Sunday morning so starting our vacation early by going up to the airport hotel the night before!

We are flying southwest, which will be fun because DH doesn’t care for them (i.e. he doesn’t get the boarding process) but they had the best price with luggage. We will arrive at about 1:30pm on Sunday.
DFIL/DMIL will be flying Sprit out of ACY and arriving WDW super early like 8am early.

I promise to try to make this Pre-trip report interesting as I am a consummated over thinker and anal to boot. I’m and engineer and like order, logical process etc. I will be the planner/cruise director for this adventure. Be kind this is my first pre- trip report. I welcome comments and advice.

Few things I would appreciate advice on:
WDW in July, How hot is it ? How crowded is it?
The Illumination Cruise (already booked)
Special things for DD and DS
Penny Presses
Okay I think that’s enough for my first post.

Coming up next. ADR’s and Birthday surprises

Okay so we are about 60 days out I think. I have ADRS made some for DBFF/DBFS and some for just us for DD. Here is a rundown of our ADR’s I split them into three categories Us (ME, DH,DD,DS,DMIL,DFIL) Everyone (Self explanatory) and Them (DBFF, DBFS).
Everyone
Monday Crystal Palace
Tuesday Chef Mickey
Thursday Tepan Edo
Them
Sunday T-Rex
Monday Cape May
Us
Wednesday – Norway Princess Breakfast
PLUS I made reservation for an Illuminations Cruise for Everyone and have invited a special guests to join us. DMIL does not know ANYTHING about this. This is her birthday gift from ME, DH, DBFF and DSIL-T. The special guest is DMIL long time friends that live in Orlando. What makes this even more awesome is that DMIL friend’s DH almost died in March of a massive heart attack, he got to go home Easter Sunday and being able to go with us on the Cruise is now one of his pt goals! There is also possibility that DSIL-T will be flying down for her birthday.
I’m going to have the kids make cards for DMIL birthday and she thinks that the Princess breakfast is the only activity to celebrate. LOL I’m awful!
SO Flights are booked ADR’s are made I’m now down to details I guess.
If anyone has anymore ideas on how to make DMIL birthday more special please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter