Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what’s the total all in price right now for 150 direct VGF points?

Here is the breakdown.

1688995702663.png

$27,465 for 150 points is $183.10/point. If you give up your first year of points (can be 2022 or 2023 points, depending on use year) you also get a rebate of $22/point ($3300) bringing the total to $161.10/point before closing costs.

Here is the breakdown.

View attachment 776467

$27,465 for 150 points is $183.10/point. If you give up your first year of points (can be 2022 or 2023 points, depending on use year) you also get a rebate of $22/point ($3300) bringing the total to $161.10/point before closing costs.
Thank you. Doesn’t the 5 points just get added on to the total for 155points, not deducted from the price for 150 points?

Also, if we get a August use year and close right now we can rent them and get full points in August?

Is it still recommended to sign a few days before Sep 11th (when this set of promotions expires) in case the next promotion is better?

Thank you. Doesn’t the 5 points just get added on to the total for 155points, not deducted from the price for 150 points?

Also, if we get a August use year and close right now we can rent them and get full points in August?

The free 5 points is a credit…so you pay the 145 point price for 150 points. And, if you buy an Aug UY today, you start with 2022 UY points, since we are still in the 2022 UY for August

Those can be sold back to DVD via the MB program.

So there's lots of talk about 150pt and how it can be brought down to 161pp but let's just say someone (not me cause I would definitely not do this 😉) was to purchase 400pts does that rise to abother level of discounts. I'm sure it's buried in this thread but I keep seeing 150pt posts.

So there's lots of talk about 150pt and how it can be brought down to 161pp but let's just say someone (not me cause I would definitely not do this 😉) was to purchase 400pts does that rise to abother level of discounts. I'm sure it's buried in this thread but I keep seeing 150pt posts.

It is in here somewhere but some of the credits don’t change for higher contracts, which is why many have done the 150.

For example, the welcome home credit is $1500 for current owners, and doesnt go higher if you buy more points, So, for a 150 points, it’s a $10 a point savings. If you buy 300, it’s now giving you only a $5/ pt savings.

Even though they may give you more off when buying larger contracts, it’s offset by the decrease mentioned above,

The MB program is $22/point for All contract sizes.

It is in here somewhere but some of the credits don’t change for higher contracts, which is why many have done the 150.

For example, the welcome home credit is $1500 for current owners, and doesnt go higher if you buy more points, So, for a 150 points, it’s a $10 a point savings. If you buy 300, it’s now giving you only a $5/ pt savings.

Even though they may give you more off when buying larger contracts, it’s offset by the decrease mentioned above,

The MB program is $22/point for All contract sizes.
Exactly what I wanted to know. I am considering selling off a 75 pt resale poly in favor of 150pt GF but if it had been even better for bigger contracts then maybe I'd sell off my entire resale poly balance for direct GF. Thanks for effectively justifying adding 75pt to my ownership.

Well, if you go to 500 you can get it down to 159.6 vs 161.1 at 150! That's where the free point incentive and developer credit both jump up.

Unfortunately 400 and 450 are the worst options for 150-700 points at 170 and 173 per point. Of course we wanted 400 so now debating between 300 at 162 or 500 at 160...or even just going with 150 for now.

Last edited:
Well, if you go to 500 you can get it down to 159.6 vs 161.1 at 150! That's where the free point incentive and developer credit both jump up.

Unfortunately 400 and 450 are the worst options for 150-700 points at 170 and 173 per point. Of course we wanted 400 so now debating between 300 at 162 or 500 at 160...or even just going with 150 for now.
I found the way the priced the promotions fascinating this go around, especially with also allowing for a new 100 point minimum for buyers in recent months.

They seem very interested in growing the membership numbers. I wonder if part of the plan is to get people to buy on initially now, and then hope that they will add on more in the future as their families grow, need more space, etc. I'd imagine they do an incredible amount of repeat business when future resorts come out.

Just wondering, for those who bought DVC direct in June, has anyone received the gold water bottle yet? How long does it usually take?

Just wondering, for those who bought DVC direct in June, has anyone received the gold water bottle yet? How long does it usually take?
It usually comes a few weeks after the contract has officially closed. If you spread out payments, that will delay it.

I don't have anything substantive to add to the discussion, but I just want to say, you guys are a persuasive bunch! Had no intention of adding on any more points until the Poly tower came on sale, but I couldn't argue with the math and logic of these discounts, and we just added on 150 VGF points. Disney makes it too easy, lol! My excellent guide (has always been very responsive and nice, calling us whenever we have a trip booked to say welcome home) called me literally seconds after I sent him an email and I had a contract in my email inbox 30 minutes later.

Our existing contract is 150 pts at RIV, so this doubles our fun!

Hi all, maybe someone already asked, but I did not read through all 24 pages, is the Disney Magical Beginnings program rebate considered rental income and therefore taxable?

Hi all, maybe someone already asked, but I did not read through all 24 pages, is the Disney Magical Beginnings program rebate considered rental income and therefore taxable?

There were some arguments about that. 🙂

I believe (and the MB form seems to support that thought) that it’s a reduction in cost basis, not rental income. So if you sold it for a profit you’ll pay a higher tax then (or realize smaller loss if sold at a loss)

Last edited:
There were some arguments about that. 🙂

I believe (and the MB form supports that thought) that it’s a reduction in cost basis, not rental income. So if you sold it for a profit you’ll pay a higher tax then (or realize smaller loss if sold at a loss)
So basically it's like any rebate I receive like at a Home Depot or whatever, just reducing the cost basis is what it sounds like? Thank you for your response! It's really a great deal on RIV then for 150 points direct to have no restrictions.

No backpacks? Very sad... DVC Resale Market sent a backpack every time we closed a contract.

I'm hearing/seeing that the backpacks are still out there but in very limited supply. I did see a few new members/owners that seemed heavily under the influence of pixie dust walking around Riviera during our mid-June trip who were bragging about just buying the most expensive backpack at Disney. When I asked the west-coast guides at Disneyland about them they looked at me like I was crazy. I think they are stored in stashes at WDW and the better guides will sneak them to their customers.... My guide says they are in very limited supply. If you have a cool guide and you can make it to WDW (or also on some cruise ships) you might get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter