Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well these incentives got me. $161 for a 150 point Grand Floridian contract is just too good to pass up. Guide agreed that these are very good incentives and that Disney is probably trying to stay competitive with resale.
We bought 150 yesterday after purchasing 75 the week before. My guide called and told me about the incentives and like you they were to good to pass up. Now we own at BCV and VGF.

I guess I completely misunderstood, I thought if you bought a 200 point contract you got an extra 10 points added on to your contract? A guide said no, you just pay for 190 but still get the 200 point contract. Is that right?

I guess I completely misunderstood, I thought if you bought a 200 point contract you got an extra 10 points added on to your contract? A guide said no, you just pay for 190 but still get the 200 point contract. Is that right?
That’s correct. The wording is weird. You actually get a discount for the points. Technically is “free points”, but you don’t get those added.

Well, we never thought we would purchase direct, but these incentives were too good to pass up. We thought maybe a small direct add-on, but we felt like this was a tremendous opportunity to buy in and get the blue card… Very excited and finalized things today! VGF and matched our use year and current VGF resale points.

Ok, we’ve never use a guide because the contract we have was bought on the resale market. Is it a lot of pressure if we end not buying after having them work out the numbers for us?
PM me if you’d like my guide’s contact info. He wrote up new contracts 3x - we started the process in May, then redid for slightly more points after June incentives came about, and then we decided to add slightly more points a few days later. The whole thing has gone over 3 weeks because we were wanted to lock in May prices in case June wasn’t better.

Well, we never thought we would purchase direct, but these incentives were too good to pass up. We thought maybe a small direct add-on, but we felt like this was a tremendous opportunity to buy in and get the blue card… Very excited and finalized things today! VGF and matched our use year and current VGF resale points.
Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Always thought direct would have too large of a price gap. We were actively looking to balance our BWV resale with 100-150pts either Poly $140pp or VGF $150 (nevermind trying to match our Sept UY). After months of no success, direct VGF near instantaneously for about $10 more per point seemed a dream. Matching UY and 40+ years of unrestricted points and blue card. Absolutely too good to pass up.

FB8B7116-5F1F-4D89-A8B6-ACC408FB4962.jpeg

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Always thought direct would have too large of a price gap. We were actively looking to balance our BWV resale with 100-150pts either Poly $140pp or VGF $150 (nevermind trying to match our Sept UY). After months of no success, direct VGF near instantaneously for about $10 more per point seemed a dream. Matching UY and 40+ years of unrestricted points and blue card. Absolutely too good to pass up.

View attachment 767589
Same here. Felt the same as you. We have BWV also and September UY are few & far between It seems.
Went to buy direct before these new incentives (early May) just because we couldn’t find any Sept UY’s.
We spread payments out so wasn’t closing until July. Then these incentives came out & we were ecstatic our guide was willing to rewrite the contract for us. Feel so so lucky!

In case anyone is wondering it, it took them 10 days to take the MB points from my account after my contracts were loaded.

I’ve a delayed closing with split payments, so that check is still two months away.

In case anyone is wondering it, it took them 10 days to take the MB points from my account after my contracts were loaded.

I’ve a delayed closing with split payments, so that check is still two months away.
Took almost 2 weeks in my case. I ended up asking my guide and he reached out to MS.

Does anyone know if the welcome home offer is available to new members?

Hey everyone. Wife and I were looking at buying resale for our first purchase, but this deal looks pretty good even for new members at VGF.

I noticed most of the posts are for existing members and was hoping my post could help out some potential new members like me. This is my first time really look into this so please feel free to correct me if I missed something.

New Member 150p at VGF
$32,550
- 1,085 for the 5 free points
- 1,500 for developer credits (members get 2500)
- 1,000 for "Welcome Home"
- 500 for "Dream it Forward" (referral program)
- 3,300 for Magical Beginnings @ 22/p * 150 points
= $25,165 or 167.8/p

Note: This is not including closing costs which I think are around $800?

An agent sent us this after talking to her. https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/g/GrandFloridian_Prospect_Welcome_DreamItForward.pdf

And to answer Disfamwa, there is a $1000 "Welcome Home" credit for new members with a currently booked reservation. Not 100% sure on details here, but sounds like you can have any reservation in the future and can book one just for this discount even if you don't have one booked already. Wife and I are looking at a 2024 trip and they said that should count as long as we book before we purchase.

Yes, and the Welcome Home includes many different kinds of Disney Trips. We, for example, used our upcoming Disney Cruise.

The way it is done, it is unclear to me what happens if one cancels their future reservation. I believe the way the contract is written, it doesn’t require someone to actually honor the future reservation. I didn’t see anything in the actual contract that required that anyways, but maybe I missed it. When I called it was also very “on your honor” as far as I could tell, but maybe they did verify. They did not ask for any kind of confirmation number, just the dates and reservation information (which cruise, hotel, etc.)

Yes, and the Welcome Home includes many different kinds of Disney Trips. We, for example, used our upcoming Disney Cruise.

The way it is done, it is unclear to me what happens if one cancels their future reservation. I believe the way the contract is written, it doesn’t require someone to actually honor the future reservation. I didn’t see anything in the actual contract that required that anyways, but maybe I missed it. When I called it was also very “on your honor” as far as I could tell, but maybe they did verify. They did not ask for any kind of confirmation number, just the dates and reservation information (which cruise, hotel, etc.)

For the welcome home offer, our guide asked for the date and which hotel first and try to find us in the system. Then he told us he cannot find it (probably because our trip is for VGC), then I offered to give him the confirmation number for him to find it.

Just want to make sure we didn't miss a credit. We got 200 points at Riviera, total discounts were $5,920 (before Magical Beginnings), sound right?

Just want to make sure we didn't miss a credit. We got 200 points at Riviera, total discounts were $5,920 (before Magical Beginnings), sound right?
Sounds right. I just calculated off the price sheet and got the same amount, $5,920. Welcome home!!

Family of 4, girls are currently 7 and 3 years old. We currently own at CCV.

Trying to choose between RIV and VGF for direct with the incentives. We will stay in either 1 or 2 bedrooms. For that reason i lean RIV. However these points for the near future will be rented out or used as sleep around points. So I like the dues and resale value of VGF better.

Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter