summer reading

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
What are you bringing to the beach or pool this summer? I like mysteries. Culinary ones, historical ones, deep ones that make you think, and fluff like Jane Evanovich. Thinking about getting Primates of Park Avenue though.

I love mysteries, too, but sometimes for summer reading I like the really fluffy Nora Roberts stories. Easy to read and you know there will be a happy ending.

I have been reading the john green books. I loved fault in our stars and paper towns which is now being made into a movie. the two books I have so far for this summer are let it snow and will grayson , will grayson. I also like to read baseball books.

If you want a good fluff book, i'm currently reading "The Royal We" by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan. From the Barnes & Noble description:

American Rebecca Porter was never one for fairy tales. Her twin sister, Lacey, has always been the romantic who fantasized about glamour and royalty, fame and fortune. Yet it's Bex who seeks adventure at Oxford and finds herself living down the hall from Prince Nicholas, Great Britain's future king. And when Bex can't resist falling for Nick, the person behind the prince, it propels her into a world she did not expect to inhabit, under a spotlight she is not prepared to face.

Dating Nick immerses Bex in ritzy society, dazzling ski trips, and dinners at Kensington Palace with him and his charming, troublesome brother, Freddie. But the relationship also comes with unimaginable baggage: hysterical tabloids, Nick's sparkling and far more suitable ex-girlfriends, and a royal family whose private life is much thornier and more tragic than anyone on the outside knows. The pressures are almost too much to bear, as Bex struggles to reconcile the man she loves with the monarch he's fated to become.

Which is how she gets into trouble.

Now, on the eve of the wedding of the century, Bex is faced with whether everything she's sacrificed for love-her career, her home, her family, maybe even herself-will have been for nothing.
I'm about 1/3 of the way through and it's fantastic! With Prince William and Duchess Kate in the news so often recently, this book is kind of a behind-the-scenes look at their lives.

Just read this free kindle book this week at the pool and I really enjoyed it:
http://www.amazon.com/Saving-Grace-...8&qid=1434418208&sr=8-3&keywords=saving+grace

I try to alternate between fluff and substance so I'm currently reading Slaughterhouse-five by Kurt Vonnegut. Prior to Saving Grace, I read And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I forgot how engaging her mysteries were. I'm definitely planning to reread a few more of her mysteries this summer.

Any one read "the girl on the train" Im thinking about downloading it

I got hooked on the Outlander TV series and in turn started reading the books. I'm on the sixth book in the series now. There are two more books in the series with another one coming soon and then there are a number of spin off books once I'm done with the main series. So I think that's what I'm doing this summer.

I'm reading The Game of Triumphs right now. Picked it up randomly. It's a fantasy-adventure type book based on the game of Tarot in real life. A review described it as "dungeons & dragons meets Jumanji" and I thought that was pretty intriguing. Pretty good so far

I'm reading The Darkest Minds series. My teenage daughter was telling me about a series that she was reading and how she thought I'd like it. I thought this was what she told me about. It wasn't, but now I've told her that she should read THIS series. Easy summer reading and entertaining.

Any one read "the girl on the train" Im thinking about downloading it

I liked it a lot and I've been recommending it to friends for a few months now.

I just finished Pioneer Girl which was awesome but is very difficult to tote around when you're used to using a Kindle. I'm now reading Queen of the Tearling about which I've heard great things. I've got so many stacked up on my Kindle now that I'm set for the whole summer, I think!

I really enjoyed Queen of the Tearling. Haven't heard of too many people that have read it though (at least in my circle!).

I really enjoyed Queen of the Tearling. Haven't heard of too many people that have read it though (at least in my circle!).

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, Christine. I've had it on my list of books to read for a while and when it popped up on the Kindle Daily Deal last week for $1.99, I snagged it quickly. I've only just begun but I like it so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter