Summer Vacation Time - San Diego, Hotel Del Coronado, Catalina, and of course DL

9 Days to go!

I was able to rent the ultra wide angle Canon 10-22 lens for only $25 a week here in KC.

Single digits :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are making our final lists. What exactly to bring like what clothes, electronics, and snacks for the car ride to Denver/Colorado Springs. Today my daughter and I went to the bank and cashed in all of the change we like to save from year to year.

For those who haven't been over to the Disneyland Picture of the Day thread you need to head on over. Prepare to be dazzled with Mikey's shots. He brought home some stunners!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45157632#post45157632

Go back a few pages and take a look!

Thanks Mike for the nice comments.

Mike, thats extremely kind of you, THANK YOU!! Everybody posting on the
Disneyland POTD thread are posting some really nice pics.

9 Days to go!

I was able to rent the ultra wide angle Canon 10-22 lens for only $25 a week here in KC.

WOW!! Great price on the 10-22, i looked into renting one on our last trip, but too pricey for me. we have only one local camera shop and they wanted
$50.00 a day plus $700.00 deposit, so $350.00 to rent for 7 days, thats half the price of purchasing it.
I'm really looking forward to your pics with the 10-22 and 60D combo.

So what other lenses are you taking?

Mike, thats extremely kind of you, THANK YOU!! Everybody posting on the
Disneyland POTD thread are posting some really nice pics.

WOW!! Great price on the 10-22, i looked into renting one on our last trip, but too pricey for me. we have only one local camera shop and they wanted
$50.00 a day plus $700.00 deposit, so $350.00 to rent for 7 days, thats half the price of purchasing it.
I'm really looking forward to your pics with the 10-22 and 60D combo.

So what other lenses are you taking?

I don't have a lot of lenses. From my XTI days I had the 18-55is, 55-250is, and 50mm prime. When I got the 60d for Christmas my family bought the kit lens with it 18-135is. At first I just wanted the body and to get my own lens but I am glad we kept the first kit lens for the old camera in case my kids ever want to shoot. I've always wanted to shoot the 35mm 1.4 L lens or any "L" series lens for that matter. Have you ever shot with an L?

Here are a few from today out by the pool. I had the rare midweek day off.

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2391-1.jpg

9 Days to go!

That's a nice lens. Were the pictures from the pool taken using that lens?

Congrats on single digits!

Mike, looking at the exif data, i see the pool pics were taken with the 10-22,
that looks to be a really sharp lense.

We seem to have basically the same gear, 18-55, 18-135, 55-250 and the 50 1.8. my first DSLR body was the rebel XT.

Have i ever used L glass? No, not yet, maybe someday.......

We are making our final lists. What exactly to bring like what clothes, electronics, and snacks for the car ride to Denver/Colorado Springs. Today my daughter and I went to the bank and cashed in all of the change we like to save from year to year.

We save the change too! Had over $200.00 the last time! Helps with boarding the dogs!
Single digits! Yay!!:cool1:

Lori

Mike, looking at the exif data, i see the pool pics were taken with the 10-22,
that looks to be a really sharp lense.

We seem to have basically the same gear, 18-55, 18-135, 55-250 and the 50 1.8. my first DSLR body was the rebel XT.

Have i ever used L glass? No, not yet, maybe someday.......

Someday. I hear what your saying. I wish I could break away from renting the wide angle.

We save the change too! Had over $200.00 the last time! Helps with boarding the dogs!
Single digits! Yay!!:cool1:

Lori

We only got $82 this time around. I think the kids have been dipping into the Disneyland fund. :confused:

YEAH on being down to single digits! :banana:

OK, having just made the drive to and from Colorado Springs from KC in the past week....... here are a few random thoughts......

1) I was happily surprised to find I had phone (and therefore internet, even if slow) most of the way across Kansas!

2) 8 hours is a little optimistic, especially with stops. On the way back, we left at 6:15 AM and arrived home around 6 PM. That included the time change of course. But there are several spots of construction along the way. And we did stop for lunch, for a DQ blizzard break and another time for gas. And it probably depends on the route you take. We did not go through Denver then straight down, and some of those country road alternates can be very slow going. Oh, and we hit rush hour traffic in suburban Colorado Springs on the way out then again in KC.

3) Do NOT miss Garden of the Gods! We loved it. And you will love it with your new 60D. Pikes Peak is neat, but really not all that impressive I thought. I actually enjoyed the drive into Rocky Mountain National Park more last year. But Garden of the Gods was a really nice taste of Red Rock Country.

4) I'm sure you know this, but be proactive on filling the gas tank. There are some long stretches in western Kansas without services.

5) Do encourage the kids to bring electronic distractions for the drive. The trek across Kansas REQUIRES distraction! :lmao: We made the drive out on a Saturday and it just killed me not to have any interesting radio to listen to.

What a great deal you got on the 10-22! I sold my Tokina last year to buy that one. I'm back and forth on which I like better. I'm totally sold on the quality of the 10-22 but do miss the 2.8 on the Tokina. Did you rent from rentglass.com in OP?

I can't wait t see your photos of the new Carsland. It looks awesome!

YEAH on being down to single digits! :banana:

OK, having just made the drive to and from Colorado Springs from KC in the past week....... here are a few random thoughts......

1) I was happily surprised to find I had phone (and therefore internet, even if slow) most of the way across Kansas!

2) 8 hours is a little optimistic, especially with stops. On the way back, we left at 6:15 AM and arrived home around 6 PM. That included the time change of course. But there are several spots of construction along the way. And we did stop for lunch, for a DQ blizzard break and another time for gas. And it probably depends on the route you take. We did not go through Denver then straight down, and some of those country road alternates can be very slow going. Oh, and we hit rush hour traffic in suburban Colorado Springs on the way out then again in KC.

3) Do NOT miss Garden of the Gods! We loved it. And you will love it with your new 60D. Pikes Peak is neat, but really not all that impressive I thought. I actually enjoyed the drive into Rocky Mountain National Park more last year. But Garden of the Gods was a really nice taste of Red Rock Country.

4) I'm sure you know this, but be proactive on filling the gas tank. There are some long stretches in western Kansas without services.

5) Do encourage the kids to bring electronic distractions for the drive. The trek across Kansas REQUIRES distraction! :lmao: We made the drive out on a Saturday and it just killed me not to have any interesting radio to listen to.

What a great deal you got on the 10-22! I sold my Tokina last year to buy that one. I'm back and forth on which I like better. I'm totally sold on the quality of the 10-22 but do miss the 2.8 on the Tokina. Did you rent from rentglass.com in OP?

I can't wait t see your photos of the new Carsland. It looks awesome!

Thanks for the awesome mini review. Yes it was Rentglass from OP. This was the first time using them. So far so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter