Summerfield Suites, I Drive??

Amazing-grace

Take me back, where I belong.....
Hello everyone
I have done a search on Summerfield but would love some up-to-date info if anyone has stayed there recently. We've booked for Oct 2002, the website makes it look great (but don't they all!) I saw it from the road last Oct and really liked the look of it, I hope we wont be disappointed
Thanks for any replies

Which of their two properties are you looking at, a-g? We stayed at the I-Drive location a while back and found it excellent. Nice, big rooms, well equipped and in an ideal location right opposite The Mercado.

Here's their website (in case you haven't already seen it) for some more info: http://www.summerfield-orlando.com/

Hi Simon, yes I have seen the website, and yes it is the I Drive one I'm asking about. What did you all think of your stay?

SimonV,

Do you know (realistically!) how far it is from Universal Studios?

Thanks in advance!

We stayed there in June and were VERY happy with it! we had five suites of varying sizes (fam reunion) so I got to see a good sampling of the rooms, and they were all great - none of us had problems/complaints.

The cont breakfast was not bad. Cereal, toast, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee and juices. The pool was a bit small for the size of the hotel, but was never too too crowded, and in October I doubt you'd have a problem.

Walking distance from the Mercado...long walk (drive for us!) to other restaurants. VERY well situated for UO/IOA. Not even 10 minutes! A trek to WDW, but opposite traffic, so not really a problem morning, noon or night.

Any more information, let me know. You made a good choice IMO!

Patti

Thanks so much Patti, THAT'S GREAT NEWS
:bounce: :D :bounce: :D

Were there iron & ironing boards? Hairdryers? Also heard there was email access, did you notice?
What about laundry facilities?
Thanks for your help
:wave: :wave:

Ironing boards!?!?! SAM!!! I was on vacation!!! LOL!!! Didn't notice! Same with hair dryers! I know one brother used his laptop every day, but I didn't notice a computer/office center.

There was a laundry room near the front desk by one of the pool gates, so you could do laundry while sitting at the pool. Not a lot of machines, but none of us had trouble doing laundry, and each of our families (5) did laundry at least twice.

BTW---housekeeping will do any dishes left in the sink (put them in dishwasher and start it up). I discovered it on accident by leaving dishes there in the morning, and it sure was nice.

In terms of room location (I know it's a bit early for you), my parents room was on the second floor, and it backed up to a deck overlooking the pool. It was a great place to meet each evening - we even ordered pizza right to the deck one night!

Patti

Thanks Patti, Re: Ironing boards.... vacation or not we would still like our clothes ironed after washing LOL!!! I noticed in usa lots of stuff can be thrown in to the dryer and doesn't even need ironing, not here, we're way behind the times. Loads of things are "Do not tumble dry" so most of the Trampy-looking tourists are probably English, with no irons in their rooms LOL!!!

Sorry - only just got back to this thread!

Looks like your questions have been answered Sam and nhrenee; we were also very pleased with the Summerfield. Nice little bar area downstairs and a well-stocked shop, too. Good location - only 10 minutes' drive from either Universal or SeaWorld (Tip: for Universal - go across the Mercado and use Universal Boulevard rather than staying on I-Drive). Rooms were thoroughly excellent, and I'm pretty sure there WAS an ironing board :D

WE HAVE STAYED AT BOTH SUMMERFIELDS AND ENJOYED BOTH HOTELS. THEY DO PROVIDE IRON AND IRONING BOARDS IN EACH SUITE. I AM PRETTY SURE THAT THEY HAVE INTERNET ACCESS ALSO. THE ONE WE STAYED IN IN ST.LOUIS THIS SUMMER DID SO I AM PRETTY SURE THE FLORIDA HOTEL WOULD TOO. WE PREFER THE ONE IN LAKE BUENA VISTA BUT ENJOYED BOTH LOCATIONS. CLOSE TO UNIVERSAL BUT NOT WALKING DISTANCE. HOPE THIS HELPS.ENJOY!!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter