• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sun screen

dj_sav

Earning My Ears
While I understand the obvious answer is "it's personal choice" I'm wondering whether people take sun screen into the parks? I'm only asking as I want to RD FOP and am trying to avoid the bag check! Thanks :)

Last edited:
While I understand the obvious answer is "it's personal choice" I'm wondering whether people take sun screen into the parks? I'm only asking as I want to RP FOP and am trying to avoid the bag check! Thanks :)

The only way to do both is to buy the small trial size and slip them into your pockets. You could also put a draw string bag into a pocket, then empty your pockets into it once you're inside.

We'll usually put sunscreen on before we leave the hotel room, time permitting. But we'll take a can of spray on sunscreen to the park just in case we are going to be there for a while and need to reapply. I just carry the bottle in my cargo shorts, which I always wear to the parks for the purpose of not having to carry a bag or go through bag check.
You could also bring a small bottle, put it in a ziplock bag, and stash it in your pocket so it doesn't accidentally come open and make a mess.

I'm odd. I sunburn so terribly easily. I have been known to sunburn after playing in the backyard with my daughter for 20 minutes. But, I don't burn at Disney. I think it's because I am not in direct sunlight all day and am in and out of buildings and the shade. Anyway, I don't take sunscreen into the parks. Now, at Disneyland in May, I absolutely took sunscreen, reapplied it ever couple of hours, and still got a little pink. :confused3

We apply before we leave the room, then reapply during our short midday break back at the room.

I only take a small container of tinted face sunscreen (so I don't look like a ghost) and carry it in my pocket. As long as our noses and ears...and my bald spot...are covered, we're good.

You could bring a bottle and leave it in a locker. Maybe you could find some other things to put in the locker, too, so that it seems more worthwhile. Although I would say that the expense to rent a locker to stash a bottle of sunscreen is worth it to not get a sunburn!

Last edited:
A couple visits back, I was wearing a tank top and shorts as it was ridiculously hot and humid that day. I didn't think to put on sunscreen. The part of my arms above where my sleeve would normally fall burned and peeled, but the lower part of my arms was fine. I presume it is because they see the sun enough they just stay tanned, but the parts that didn't normally get sun burned leaving a weird looking sunburn which hurt.

I ALWAYS have sunscreen on me when at WDW. I buy those little travel bottles of it at Target and keep one in a pocket. I will NOT get another sunburn after the one I got as a kid at Typhoon Lagoon. I was about 14, and after that painful lesson, I have never been very seriously burned since. That FL sun doesn't play!

I'm odd. I sunburn so terribly easily. I have been known to sunburn after playing in the backyard with my daughter for 20 minutes. But, I don't burn at Disney.

Same here. I am fairer than fair- and I usually apply once in the AM and then that's it at Disney. And we usually go in August. I do bring the banana boat sport cool zone travel size bottle but mostly for how it cools me off, not the sun protection.

I never bring sun screen into the park. We drive so spray some on when we get out the car.

If I was on site I'd spray some on prior to leaving the hotel.

I use Avene sunscreen and carry this in my pocket. I also have small packets of Avene sunscreen that I keep in my cross body bag.

I always take sunscreen because I am pigmentally challenged. I'll burn in the shade. Not kidding. We buy those big packages of sunscreen at Costco and they come with 3 full size and then a small tube. We take the small tubes with us.

I put it on before leaving the resort and don't bring any with me.
I tend to do indoor attractions during the most damaging time of day.
I have fair skin and most of the time I barely even tan at WDW.

I'll be taking some with me. A small bottle. I'm usually ok but my DH is really fair and burns easily. I wouldn't want to risk waking the grump in him

If you didn't want a bag you could bring a mini sized one and put it in a pocket. Or if you are not particularly a burner you could put a higher factor on before you go in.

I always want a bag anyway so it doesn't make a difference lol. I have keys, purse, his wallet, both our sunglasses, hayfever pills, aspirin, plasters... :rolleyes:

We do take sunscreen in the parks and reapply as we're blonde hair/blue eyed/pale/freckled people lol. Target sells a very small squeeze tube of sunblock for around 1.00 in their travel toiletries section. It could be slipped into a pocket although I carry a backpack and don't mind bag check.

I have Lupus. So the sun is evil to my skin.

I apply sunscreen before I get dressed. That way everything is covered. Then I wear a hat and long sleeves. AND I carry sunscreen in my scooter basket.

Heck, if you see me, ask to use some. :daisy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter