Sun sensitive, hypertension DL - GAC?

Frogso

Earning My Ears
I'll be visiting Disneyland in 2 weeks. This is an unexpected trip. My husband will be working so I'll be visiting the parks by myself. Do you think it will be possible to get a GAC? I'm considering a EVC so I can cut down on the walking. Any other suggestions? I'm sooo excited to be going but nervous to be doing this on my own. Thanks!

I haven't been to DL in many years, but from what I have read, I'd suggest the ecv is probably a good idea. DL is more compact and congested than WDW, so it's best if you feel secure in your abilities using the ecv before you get there.
I don't know how many DL attractions have any shaded areas available for waiting, but I'd be willing to bet that not many do. So, a GAC for a shaded place might not really help a lot. You should plan that even if you get a GAC, you probably have to plan that you will be out in the sun a lot, so plan to have things like brimmed hats, sunscreen, sunscreen clothing, drink a lot of fluids, etc.

There are no special needs I can think of associated with hypertension (other than the attractions that have warnings). If you do request a GAC, you need to be specific about the needs you have, not your diagnosis (because that doesn't tell the CMs what they need to know).
You can also get information from the
DL Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities online at the official Disney site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter