Sun, Shopping, Sand, Surf, Sweat & Shamu: A Splashin Summertime Sabbatical at SVR!

I'm a huge space nut, and I used to work at Kennedy Space Center. I've seen Atlantis three times now (we splurged for an annual pass last April) and cried buckets each time. The reveal is amazing. The Apollo/Saturn V center is also pretty great. I used to spend the night there when I worked Overnight Adventures. :)

I just saw you have a trip report link in your signature....did I miss that before? I will have to stop by later and check it out! :thumbsup2

Heck, any time I can vacation is a good time. :thumbsup2

Amen, sister! ::yes::

Thanks for being a part of this TR from start to finish, my friend. Your comments and input were so very much appreciated!

I just got home from my trip; I'd been keeping up with your TR while away but didn't want to reply from my phone because it's a pain in the rear end to do. Really sounds like it was all very wonderful and I'm glad that the whole trip came together so well. Can't believe your telling of your trip is over, and I can't believe I'm actually home from my trip as well. Time always moves just a little faster than you want it to!

Anyway, thank you so much again for the recommendation of SVR; I loved it and will cover my experiences in my TR, whenever I get it started. We've already discussed how we would stay there again, maybe next year...? ;) I don't know that I'd want to be ANYWHERE other than Fountains; we enjoyed it so much. We drove around looking at the others but ... I think it's Fountains for me!

Welcome back!!!!

I am so, so, SO happy you loved SVR! :cheer2: And I have to agree with you on the Fountains section, it was our favourite as well :love: . I can't wait to see your pics and hear all about your experience there (as well as all about the rest of your trip).

You mourned the last day of your trip and I am mourning the end of your report. :( Really though thank you for another great report! I always learn something new and/or find something I want to try. I was telling DH about jet skiing and he's hoping we can add that to our next trip!

Can't wait to see what new things you have planned for May!

What a great holiday you had Gina. You sure packed loads in!

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. I think we could have met at MCO as we were collecting our daughter at 5pm. Did I read that you were there around that time?

Anyway...I'm a little (a lot) envious that you're able to go back again and already have your next trip booked. I wish our flights weren't SO expensive!

You mourned the last day of your trip and I am mourning the end of your report. :( Really though thank you for another great report! I always learn something new and/or find something I want to try. I was telling DH about jet skiing and he's hoping we can add that to our next trip!

Can't wait to see what new things you have planned for May!

Thanks, Mysteria! :goodvibes It was awesome to has you take part in my report, right through to the finish line!!

What a great holiday you had Gina. You sure packed loads in!

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. I think we could have met at MCO as we were collecting our daughter at 5pm. Did I read that you were there around that time?

Anyway...I'm a little (a lot) envious that you're able to go back again and already have your next trip booked. I wish our flights weren't SO expensive!

We were, indeed, at MCO right around that same time (that's right about when we dropped off the rental, as our flight was at 7:10). Apparently our stars were just not aligned for a Dismeet that trip!!

We are so fortunate to be able to fly from a US airport and get somewhat reasonable flight prices (though with our dollar dipping in value lately, the savings is getting smaller and smaller). Its our one thing we really do for ourselves, though.....we don't drink, smoke, go to movies or concerts, have a cottage in the woods, etc.....so I feel a little less guilty about our (now) twice yearly trips.

If you happen to to be able to squeeze in a vacation next year (maybe October?) be sure to let me know. Maybe, possibly, who knows....we could potentially meet up!! :thumbsup2

You're as boring as I am :lmao:

Oh my......I hardly doubt that YOU, my dear, are boring. In fact, I think you're a riot ::yes:: . You had me laughing right out loud more than once on this thread alone. I can only imagine what a hoot you are in person!

Me? Well, I'm as vanilla as they come :laughing: . Not even going to try and deny it. I consider myself livin' on the edge when I shop at a different grocery store than my usual.

I was actually introduced once by a friend as....'this is Carey, my most sarcastic friend'.

Only the dog and I are vanilla in our house....mainly because DH is Filipino and the girls look like him. They are cappuccino.

I'm still workin' on that side by side with the dog....later today hopefully.

Unbelievably great trip report - the first one I've read all the way though. When you come back next year, have you thought about going to Weeki Wachi park? It's a true Old Florida experience (and it has mermaids!!)

http://www.weekiwachee.com/

I was actually introduced once by a friend as....'this is Carey, my most sarcastic friend'.

Only the dog and I are vanilla in our house....mainly because DH is Filipino and the girls look like him. They are cappuccino.

I'm still workin' on that side by side with the dog....later today hopefully.

lol, by vanilla, I was referring more to my plain personality versus my colouring, though I suppose it adequately describes me there as well :rotfl: .

Here you go...sorry it's so large, not sure why that happened.

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Absolutely fabulous. You two are too cute! :p (and yup, I totally see the resemblance! :rotfl: Its all in that wink ;) )

Unbelievably great trip report - the first one I've read all the way though. When you come back next year, have you thought about going to Weeki Wachi park? It's a true Old Florida experience (and it has mermaids!!)

http://www.weekiwachee.com/

Thanks Trixie!

Weeki Wachi sounds intriguing (the name alone is fun to say!! :rotfl2:). I will be sure to check out your link and possibly add it to the May plans :thumbsup2 . We have a couple of open days still left, so you never know! We are up to try almost anything.

Great trip report Gina!!! I really enjoyed it. I also want to thank you for all your help and tips. It helped make our trip as perfect as could be. When we went on the trip my wife was set that this would be a first trip with maybe another one in 4-5 years when my little one got older. To be frank as i told you before she is not much of a ride person and wasnt as excited about this trip as i was. Lets just say by the end of the trip she was asking about next year. I think the combo of doing parks plus pool and relaxation time really helped her enjoy it. The shopping may have helped as well.:rotfl: The one thing we would do different next time is try to stay in the same place the whole trip. We lost too much time moving twice. It was nice trying out different resorts though.

Just a quick thank you to all the other contributors in your thread. everyone helped in there own little way make our first trip a lasting memory for us all.

Gina, Thank You for another Great Trip report. eagerly awaiting the next one!

Great trip report Gina!!! I really enjoyed it. I also want to thank you for all your help and tips. It helped make our trip as perfect as could be. When we went on the trip my wife was set that this would be a first trip with maybe another one in 4-5 years when my little one got older. To be frank as i told you before she is not much of a ride person and wasnt as excited about this trip as i was. Lets just say by the end of the trip she was asking about next year. I think the combo of doing parks plus pool and relaxation time really helped her enjoy it. The shopping may have helped as well.:rotfl: The one thing we would do different next time is try to stay in the same place the whole trip. We lost too much time moving twice. It was nice trying out different resorts though.

Just a quick thank you to all the other contributors in your thread. everyone helped in there own little way make our first trip a lasting memory for us all.

Thank you both! :goodvibes

And tristyp....I am so glad to hear that your trip went so well, and the wife is open to another Orlando getaway :thumbsup2 . I hear you on staying in one place for the whole trip. Split stays have always sounded fun in theory (and are a great way to experience as many different resorts as possible), but I know I would regret doing them in the end.

I will second your thanks to all the seriously awesome people who helped make this report so much fun and so helpful to others. You guys are da bomb ::yes:: :grouphug: .

I haven't even started reading yet but wanted to post and let you know how excited I am to find your newest report. I read the last two and loved them and I have been super busy the past few months and have not been on the disboards at all. But in the back of my mind I thought of you and was thinking that when I finally had time I might find a new trip report from you. So excited to finally sit down and read!!

I haven't even started reading yet but wanted to post and let you know how excited I am to find your newest report. I read the last two and loved them and I have been super busy the past few months and have not been on the disboards at all. But in the back of my mind I thought of you and was thinking that when I finally had time I might find a new trip report from you. So excited to finally sit down and read!!

Hello again, and welcome back! Thanks for reading.....I hope you enjoy this report as well :goodvibes .

Gina, spent a big chunk of my weekend reading the whole TR. :-) Thanks, it did a great job of getting me excited for our March trip.

Journey to Atlantis is probably our favourite ride. It's fun and exciting. FJ probably beats it for story for us, but Atlantis just the right combination of things otherwise.

When I saw the photo of the Pink Beast, my first thought was exactly the same as yours--how are you getting that thing home? Such a sweet thing, though, for Jake to be so proud of winning it for Sweetie.

I have heard that Gringott's is less physically demanding than FJ, so I hope you are able to give it a go. I'll let you know how we like it! Of course we are willing to do things for HP that we wouldn't otherwise--the kids love Dragon Challenge (I'll do it with them white-knuckled) but won't even consider any of the other coasters wilder than Flight of the Hippogriff. But dh doesn't love FJ, and wouldn't do DD even for the kids, so he's a better comparison point--so I'll let you know what HE thinks of it!

Thanks again for a fun read, and lots of good info, as usual!

Gina, spent a big chunk of my weekend reading the whole TR. :-) Thanks, it did a great job of getting me excited for our March trip.

Journey to Atlantis is probably our favourite ride. It's fun and exciting. FJ probably beats it for story for us, but Atlantis just the right combination of things otherwise.

When I saw the photo of the Pink Beast, my first thought was exactly the same as yours--how are you getting that thing home? Such a sweet thing, though, for Jake to be so proud of winning it for Sweetie.

I have heard that Gringott's is less physically demanding than FJ, so I hope you are able to give it a go. I'll let you know how we like it! Of course we are willing to do things for HP that we wouldn't otherwise--the kids love Dragon Challenge (I'll do it with them white-knuckled) but won't even consider any of the other coasters wilder than Flight of the Hippogriff. But dh doesn't love FJ, and wouldn't do DD even for the kids, so he's a better comparison point--so I'll let you know what HE thinks of it!

Thanks again for a fun read, and lots of good info, as usual!

Thanks, my friend! :goodvibes

I will be trying Gringotts at least once....I have promised Steve (and he'll hold me to that, lol). Dragon Challenge makes me nauseous just watching, so I'm sure I'd have a heart attack if I ever rode it. FJ is definitely out, but I'm going to do the castle tour this time (missed it in 2012). I'm anxious to try Despicable Me (but I have a crush on the Minions :love:) and if that goes well, I might give Spiderman a whirl. And I'm definitely getting a wand.....I will happily cast spells all over Diagon Alley and Hogwarts while Steve catches his ride thrills :thumbsup2 .

Can't wait to read all about your trip. By the time you return from your vacation, my departure date won't be too far off. We have three vacations in the works for this year (a repeat of 2012 for us!) and I am super excited! I can never get too much Orlando time :goodvibes .

Enjoy and keep us posted as to how it goes.

This trip is over, but there's a May getaway in the works! :) Won't be long now!

Well I have done some serious reading the past few days and managed to get through the whole report. You did a great job and I enjoyed it so much. We are DVC owners but each time I read one of your reports I want to give off site a try. I wish I could just own a bunch of timeshares and vacation all the time! Lots of the things you like and do make me think of Myrtle Beach which we vacation at every few years. I think your family would really enjoy it there as well. I am totally going to do the SeaWorld parks sometime based on your reports and am looking forward to the May report. Thanks for a great read!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter